PDA

View Full Version : Please help With Tac One

da bear
03-29-2006, 03:05 AM
I've spent about two weeks trying to figure out my problem, and I'm sure this is going to sound like a dumb question.

I have what was an intermittant problem with an air leak, that went away when I put a little pressure from the trigger against the return pin. after trying to adjust the tension on the field strip screw to no avail, I finally found a message that suggested trying a half size smaller carrier. After biting the bullet, and guessing how to get to it (I have yet to see that anywhere), I replaced the 1 carrier with the .5, after struggling to remove it. In the process of removing it, the little sucker flew across the room. Am I correct in assuming (based on the blow up posted by nate2k191-thank you by the way) that the carrier is mounted with the power tube O-ring toward the inside of the valve? Also, there was one metallic (I assume steel) shim, as well as a plastic (delrin?) washer. From the blow up, I see that the metal one goes between the carrier and the power tube cap. How about the plastic one?

As of right now, I've re-assembled the marker a couple times, but it will not fire. The pressure gage on my 68/3000 still reads a thousand psi, which truthfully, I don't trust, so that could possibly be the problem, but I'm not entirely sure. Right now, when I slide the bolt assembly over the power tube stem, it won't seat completely against the bumper washer. I this normal?

Thanks for any help.

-da bear

Dayspring
03-29-2006, 10:09 AM
To get the carrier out- take the field strip screw, thread it into the carrier (once the powertube tip is off) and tug once there's some tension on it.

And the correct order is

Power Tube Tip
Shim
Carrier (with oring facing down)
Delrin washer

da bear
03-31-2006, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. As it worked out, my problem was that I had the delrin washer in the wrong spot. After that, it works like a charm. I'm looking forward to not having to blow my entire tank on a couple hundred shots.

Thank you.

athomas
03-31-2006, 06:57 AM
I have what was an intermittant problem with an air leak, that went away when I put a little pressure from the trigger against the return pin.
-da bear

Glad to hear you got it working.

For future reference, if you have bolt leak problems that go away when you gently touch the trigger, it usually is related to too many shims in your powertube (if the proper arrangement of parts is installed).

Sticking problems that prevent the bolt from fully resetting, or firing, are usually caused by a carrier size that is too small.

Happy hunting.