PDA

View Full Version : Tom Kaye-How would you rate yourself as a player?

Magsrule3
12-17-2001, 02:22 PM
If you played on a tournament team what level would it be? Proffesional, Am A, Am B, or Novice? What is your favorite position to play-front, back, mid, tape?

Miscue
12-17-2001, 02:32 PM
Legend has it he can dodge paint... but now he's at the point where he doesn't have to.

He's so good he has a gun in one hand, a Diet Pepsi in the other.

Micromag5371
12-17-2001, 03:00 PM
Miscue...While it is possible, I find it rather hard to drink Diet Pepsi while i have my mask on. gotta rememba that rule #1, NEVER take your goggles off unless in a designated area.

Shaft
12-17-2001, 03:07 PM
Yup, that's why he uses a straw!

Look for Tom in the corners. That's what I've been told. When I played against him I never sawr him. That warp must work! Even in his neon yellow X-Fire goggles... with a straw.

Nitroduck
12-17-2001, 03:08 PM
Micromag, Im sure when Tom wants to drink Pepsi, smirnoff or whatever his drink of choice is ingame, he'd be using some sort of JT IZE....The kind with the bendable rubber...Just enough flex so you can bend it to drink a pepsi or Toms beverage of choice.

Magsrule3
12-17-2001, 03:15 PM
They say he moves like no other...He can leap from bunker to bunker taking one shot on each person. Legend says he once took out all of BL Ironmen with only a hopper of paint and his trusty Mag, after that the NPPL classified him as "above pro". ;) Of course the only witness's to this were the Ironmen and they have never spoke about "the incedent" again:D :D :D

Micromag5371
12-17-2001, 03:21 PM
ahh, NITRODUCK, you say tom drinks Smirnoff...are you trying to imply something here? Toms a good guy and i have alot of respect for him, its not right that you suggest things about him.....j/k. i dont know if drinking and paintball are the best combo out there... whatever the case is, You Can tell which man is the drunkest by he who has the most splats on him. *not to offend anyone*

the JoKeR
12-17-2001, 03:42 PM
No details from me, but I seem to recall Tom's team playing a heck of a scenario game at Sam's in Wisconsin this past summer, but his team lost during the last few minutes. Word is that his team was very well organized. That, plus the fact that our team had two spies in charge of half our team... I still can't believe we won! Any input on how your side, Tom?

Dayspring
12-17-2001, 03:46 PM
I'm waiting to see actual footage from a game Tom participates in. It'll be like watching the Matrix I would imagine.

animal
12-17-2001, 04:49 PM
You forgot to add that General Kaye was ramboed by our spies as well :)

FeelTheRT
12-17-2001, 05:17 PM
Tom Kaye played in the 2000 World Cup with the AGD team in the PRO division and i beleive he was playing back-mid?

AGD
12-17-2001, 05:45 PM
HUMM,,,,I had to think about this for a while. Just a yes or no answer would be lame but I can give you some examples and you can decide for yourself.

At the last USPL event in Indiana I played three, one on one games with Frank former captain of the All Americans. The results were first game Frank, second game me, third game Frank. Not bad against the one of the worlds best pro's. Frank and I point fingers and play shoot each other every time we meet now.

At last years World Cup I was left alone in a rear standup with three opposing players in position around me. With my trusty Warp fed Emag I taunted them to "take me now I can't shoot out the left side!" while I alternately worked both sides of the bunker. After a longer than expected survival time and feeling no resistance, I suspected there were gun problems on the other side. Not seeing anyone out I made a desperation move to the nearest opposing players bunker but got shot cross court by their tape man.

This years World Cup the crowd went "woooo" when I bunkered the guy at the fifty. Got blasted out in the process. You saw the pictures here.

Two Saturdays ago at Country Club I was playing against Lonsch and made a move to HIS 10 to tap out the corner guy and then take him cross court. He happened to look out my side of his bunker at the wrong time and took me mid stride. He said later had I been a second earlier he would have been cooked.

I generally play back to mid but am working on playing up more so I understand the postion and it's special needs better.

My best feature is my trigger speed. I never shoot at less than 10 bps, can do extended strings at 11 and have reached shot to shot times of 12.5 bps. Lasoya is the only player to officially hit 13.

Because of my trigger speed front players have expressed comfort when I'm behind them. I play conservative at first and get more aggressive as the clock runs down. My personal paintball philosophy is that if you don't get shot out 50% of the time you are not playing hard enough. That's why I don't feel bad talking about times that I got shot out making a move. Better that than die like a dog doing nothing.

AGD

zvanut
12-17-2001, 06:05 PM
Tom:

your philosiphy is now in effect w/ me :)

Vegeta
12-17-2001, 06:25 PM
12.5? 12.5? 12.5!

(looks at trigger finger, looks at text... looks back at finger... does the occasional "Air Fire"..)

seesh.. I dont shoot a double trigger... I assume you use a rocking motion alternating your two fingers?

Where exactly do you play at for fun/pratcice Tom? I might have to see this for myself...

the123
12-17-2001, 06:34 PM
hmm... Tom isn't too bad of a player.. I played him 1 on 1 at fox paintball the day after the super tour..
Somehow, I shot him in his hopper.
Man I had fun that WHOLE weekend.

Magsrule3
12-17-2001, 06:37 PM
Wow, Tom I never knew you played Pro! I never saw the pic of u playing at the World Cup, could someone post it? Tom are u officially on any team roster? Well, I certainly wouldnt want to play against someone who can pull a mechanical trigger 12.5 times a second! Chris "glory boy" LaSoya use to use a mag too?

udtseal
12-17-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Better that than dye like a dog doing nothing.

AGD

HAHA you said "dye" instead of die. LOL!! I guess thats what happens when your around paintball gear too much. :p :p

Cha0tic
12-17-2001, 06:56 PM
go to www.pigtv.net go to the 2000 world cup. when you see the AGD all stars game, tom has his name printed on the back of his jersey.

Tubby_Ninja
12-17-2001, 06:56 PM
I heard he shoots paintballs out of his eyes, and hits you over the head with a stick after he shoots you out. And they say he tunnels under the ground like a gopher, only to pop up under your bunker and shoot you in your package with his velocity turned to 480. Then, when he leaves, he steals your girlfriend, and spits rocks at your Camaro.

That's just what I heard though...

irbodden
12-17-2001, 07:26 PM
Yeah, Tom was working that field on the tour, he's got the coolest jersey :D

Magsrule3
12-17-2001, 07:31 PM
Tom, do you think you could take Bob Long or Chris LaSoya or Dave Youngblood or Tommy Alvarez or Rocky Cagnoa(sp)? But we all know you could take them all at once if you wanted to. ;)

AngelBoy
12-17-2001, 07:45 PM
Rocky Cagnoni!!! Nobody ever spells his name right, so just say Rocky and everybody will know who ur talkin bout.

Oregon_pb_
12-17-2001, 08:45 PM
Bob Long or Chris LaSoya or Dave Youngblood or Tommy Alvarez or Rocky Cagnoa

I know who the first 3 are, who are the last 2?? I know a Rocky Knuth i think off Naughty Dogs, think thats his name anyway.

Heard bad stuff about Bob, yes from a trust worthy source and after hearing what he was telling me i wouldn't support him if he paid me to. Shot Bob at a big game about 3 years ago, YA!

Don't know much about Chris or Dave but from what i read in the magazines.

Didn't know AGD played tournaments either.

Soon as i win a million dollars i'll be hitting every tournament on the planet, u just watch and see.

Oregon_pb_
12-17-2001, 08:52 PM
Forgot to add, your right Tom...

Last big game i went to 2 months ago i came off 6hrs later covered in mud, paint, dirt, shells falling off me. Some people looked at me like golly gee wilbur, that guy must suck. While others knew i was in the kitchen all day long kicking like a showgirl leading charges. I may have been lit up around 10-20 times, but i know for a fact i shot around 40-50 players that day. I started counting and lost count at 30ish.

the JoKeR
12-18-2001, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by animal
You forgot to add that General Kaye was ramboed by our spies as well :)

Obviously, he's the player's player. LETTING our spies take him out like that... He must have known that that single event would change the lives of the spies forever! I hear one of them is running for Congress next term and the other is getting a PHD just because of this! The rumors are true! All bow down that read this, and worship in the general direction of Northern Illinios! (You'll know it if you see it, just look for the realllllllly flat land):D

Magsrule3
12-18-2001, 02:56 PM
man, I would love to play with Tom!

the JoKeR
12-18-2001, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by vf-xx

I think that the Lubbock, TX area has you beat for flatlands. Trust me on this one. I've seen both.

I don't doubt you, but around Wisconsin, we only have so much creativity, and most of it is spent making up ways to make ourselves sound superior to the Flatlanders... oops, I mean Illinoisians (??) The rest of it is spent trying to find new ways to deep fry cheese :D Welcome to Wisconsin: the fat drunk state!

~WarpedRT~
12-18-2001, 05:27 PM
Tommy Alvarez is on Team Rage, and Rocky Cagnoni is from Avalanche. Both really good players, especially Rocky.

Vegeta
12-18-2001, 05:45 PM
Thats gonna be a new hit TV show on CBS:
"Everybody loves Tom"

Or even better...:
"The late show with David Letterman! Tonights guests: Nicole Kidman! Tom Kaye! and Paul Shaffer and the C B S Orchestra!"

Oh my, the posibilities are endless.

the JoKeR
12-19-2001, 07:25 AM
You don't happen to live in the Milwaukee area do you? I'm planning on going to Shatnerball and staying with my grandparents. I just need a ride down to Joliet. Maybe we could work something out.

Oak Creek, actually. Southern suburb of Milwaukee. When is the game? I've got no plans at this time for it, but then again, I don't know anything about it!

beam
12-19-2001, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Vegeta

Or even better...:
"The late show with David Letterman! Tonights guests: Nicole Kidman! Tom Kaye! and Paul Shaffer and the C B S Orchestra!"

Oh my, the posibilities are endless.

DUDE!!!! You don't know what you just came up with!!!!! That'd be perfect! I can see it now....just like Jack Hannah with his animals and all the kids with there science experiments and recipes....Tom Kaye with his 18bps Halo-fed Emag. He could go on and demo what the top-top of the line marker can do and then explain some of the truths about how great paintball is! I'd love to see Dave in a paintball mask!

mrhooie
12-19-2001, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Tubby_Ninja
I heard he shoots paintballs out of his eyes, and hits you over the head with a stick after he shoots you out. And they say he tunnels under the ground like a gopher, only to pop up under your bunker and shoot you in your package with his velocity turned to 480. Then, when he leaves, he steals your girlfriend, and spits rocks at your Camaro.

That's just what I heard though...

Tubby - I don't know if anyone read that - but, I'm still laughing!

Pretty good - paintballs out of his eyes

the JoKeR
12-19-2001, 09:57 AM
Just an observation, but has Tom actually denied any of these rumors about his playing ability? Maybe he really CAN shoot paintballs out of his eyes??!? Dang, I just scared myself.

the JoKeR
12-19-2001, 10:04 AM
Joker: Check out www.spplat.com its august 31st 2002. Looks pretty cool. Basically a large scenerio game at CPX where one team is being lead by William Shatner, one lead by TK himself, and one led by someone else (don't know who yet). Cost is about $150 but it really does balance out.

Looks like a good time.
Shatner quote: " I'm . . . . . . . . . . hit! . . . . . stop . . . . . . . shooting!"

"Darn it Jim, I'm a paintball player, not a Doctor!" How many times will that be said that day?

Don't know if I'll be heading down there. Give me a yell closer to the actual date and I'll know for sure.