PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My Avatar's - NICE!

Nate129
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
I am coming from a Profiler and Flex 8 - and I have to say, the Avatar is better than both by my standards.
It fits more like the Profiler - it feels really light on your head and doesn't feel cramped at all. It has a smaller front-profile than the Profiler, it doesn't flare out much at all on the sides.
Lens changes are just as easy as the Profiler - rotate the strap clips and the lens retainers pop right out and off comes the lens.

Now, I haven't actually played with it yet - and the fit of a mask is so different on different people - so obviously take this with a grain of salt.

Overall, so far I am VERY happy with my Avatar.

Sorry for the horrible picture, but I wanted to show you guys how low-profile it is on your head...and I don't have a small head...lol

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/Nathaniel129/Avy.jpg

Carbon Blue
03-30-2006, 05:51 PM
looks awesome! how much and where did you buy it from?

FromTheBack
03-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Awesome, I'm thinking about getting E-vents soon but I already have Profilers and protos.
The only reason why I would get them is because my profiler foam was half eaten by my puppy and Vforce hasnt responded about ordering more foam..so it would be an excuse to get some new high quality goggles. Don't get me wrong, protos are good and all but they arent as nice as profiler/e-vent.

Nate129
03-30-2006, 05:56 PM
looks awesome! how much and where did you buy it from?
They were $76.50 at Action Village. They had five in stock - and I thought another pair went to somebody on AO.
Mine arrived without the little VENTS logo gel-stickers on the lens/strap retainers - so I called the number on the Vents website, which connected me to NPS. The girl that answered had a set of the clips sitting on her desk (Odd???) and she sent them out to me today.

Nate129
03-30-2006, 05:57 PM
I will probably be getting a set of E-Vents as well - I just couldn't resist when Action Village showed these things in stock...they are gorgeous in person.
Here is a better pic of the color...not my pic though...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/Nathaniel129/GrnAvy.jpg

Pha|anx
03-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Just called one of my local stores... $125 for a pair of E-Vents. :( They have red/white instock but at that price I doubt I am buying.

buzzboy
03-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Have you played with them yet. How close is your mouth to the front of the mask. They look darn luxourious compared to my cheap JT's. But whatever. Not enough cash.

The_Leech
03-30-2006, 06:11 PM
I dont like the price, but i am digging them as a mask. God i wish i had the money to pay for 100 dollar mask.

I wont pay more than 70 for a mask. But looks nice!

Nate129
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Have you played with them yet. How close is your mouth to the front of the mask. They look darn luxourious compared to my cheap JT's. But whatever. Not enough cash.
I haven't played with them yet - but I can't get EITHER lens (smoke thermal or clear single) to fog.
I can almost get two fingers between my mouth and the front of the mask. It flares in a little at the bottom, but only after your chin.
Overall this is the best-fitting mask I have ever tried on.
As far as price goes, you have to consider the fact that they come with TWO lenses.

Carbon Blue
03-30-2006, 06:39 PM
damn everytime i look at that mask i keep diggin it! I have a love for JT spectra 260s and its the only mask I have ever used. Nothing really caught my eye until this

Dark Frost17
03-30-2006, 06:39 PM
if i had the money i would get the white and black 1...... i like the stormtrooper look :D

Nate129
03-30-2006, 06:47 PM
damn everytime i look at that mask i keep diggin it! I have a love for JT spectra 260s and its the only mask I have ever used. Nothing really caught my eye until this

If you like the Spectra, I think you will LOVE this. It has the profile and security (like it's not going to fall off) of the Spectra, and the feathery feel and quick-change lens of the Profiler.

Other than the soft ears on the E-Vent, I don't know how much better it could get...

Nate129
03-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I just trimmed the brow-shield - looks a lot better in my opinion.

Also, as they sit in this pic - 12 ounces on the dot. I never put my other masks on the scale, but that seems pretty darn light...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/Nathaniel129/Avy2.jpg

Stealth Fighter
03-30-2006, 07:07 PM
There ventaliation look crappy, I'll stick with my invision thanks.

Nate129
03-30-2006, 07:19 PM
There ventaliation look crappy, I'll stick with my invision thanks.
You know, you might be right about that - I will have to wait until the first game-day to find out for sure.

Stealth Fighter
03-30-2006, 07:25 PM
I really dig there looks, but the ventalation reminds me a lot of the Profiler, while it doesn't look to bad, it looks like a lot of heat would sit right around your nose, same goes for these Avatars, looks cool, but might not function as great.

Otherwise I like it, I just wouldn't fork over $100 bucks for something that his going to put a lot of my hot breath right around my nose. I think the name makes it seem like it might ventalate well, but I want to hear an actual unbiased review on the ventalation, fog, comfort, and bounce.

P.S.- I know I am sounding like I want perfection, but if I'm pay $100 for it, it better be dang near close

m-a-r-k-7
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
How flexible is it? Is it flexable to the extremes of e-vents, or is it decently flexible?

Nate129
03-30-2006, 08:34 PM
It's pretty flexible, except where the black is. All the green is fairly soft, except right behind the mouth area - there is a sub-structure of hard black plastic that is tied to the black that shows through.

Here is another pic - the little "fingers" you see coming down on both sides are fairly soft foam/rubber. They are there to add a little integrity to the softer green rubber.

On another note, there seems to be "cut lines" to cut some green rubber off and add soft ears - ala E-Vents. You can barely see them in the second pic...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/Nathaniel129/AvyInt.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/Nathaniel129/AvyTrim.jpg

Rudz
03-30-2006, 08:58 PM
saw a pair of white events at a local shop..99.99..i doubt they will still be there when i get paid next week..but its worth a shot..she said they ordered more...but apparently the white is going to be an hard color to come by

cowboy_00
03-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Is the green as subdued as it looks? would it blend well into foliage?

its a choice between these and black ones.

Nate129
03-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Is the green as subdued as it looks? would it blend well into foliage?

its a choice between these and black ones.
It's not QUITE as subdued as it looks in the pics - it's about right in the middle of the pic on the counter and my pics...in my opinion it's a really good choice of color if you play woods.

The_Leech
03-30-2006, 09:57 PM
I haven't played with them yet - but I can't get EITHER lens (smoke thermal or clear single) to fog.
I can almost get two fingers between my mouth and the front of the mask. It flares in a little at the bottom, but only after your chin.
Overall this is the best-fitting mask I have ever tried on.
As far as price goes, you have to consider the fact that they come with TWO lenses.

TWO LENSES?! OMFG. Sorry lol.

My mask came with two lenses and it was 20 bux new. Some VForce Vantages. Yeah..noob pricing, but i like them, dont fog much for me. Maybe im a lizard.

But both lenses are great lenses.