PDA

View Full Version : leak

Clint mag3240
03-30-2006, 05:56 PM
i have a leak out the back of the valve, its a classic valve, what could this be, i tried oiling and that wont fix it, i tried adjusting the velocity and it makes it worse or quiets it down, please help

JRingold
03-30-2006, 08:26 PM
i have a leak out the back of the valve, its a classic valve, what could this be, i tried oiling and that wont fix it, i tried adjusting the velocity and it makes it worse or quiets it down, please help

Regulator Piston Assembly
Part Number: 000684-10

The Regulator Piston comes as an assembly. DO NOT take this apart. It has a built in blow off valve that will leak air if your marker becomes over pressurized. The blow off resets once your pressure goes back to normal. This safety feature is found exclusively in AGD markers. Replace the entire assembly if your marker is shooting at normal speeds and it still leaks out the back.

This part has been set to the stock higher pressure for the Level 10 bolt kit.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=30&categoryID=18

rb211
03-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Before you replace this part, you really need to chrono the gun. If it is shooting above 300-330, than the reg piston is doing exactly what it was designed to do. If you are shooting below 300, then you need to replace it. Turn the velocity nut down until it stops leaking and chrono the gun, go from there.

Clint mag3240
03-31-2006, 12:39 AM
ok, i forgot to ad that i was hooking up a hose line and it spun the back part of the valve off, the gun worked fine before this

athomas
03-31-2006, 07:01 AM
ok, i forgot to ad that i was hooking up a hose line and it spun the back part of the valve off, the gun worked fine before this

???

If you separated the front and back half of the valve, then you should probably replace the regulator seat oring. When this oring gets moved from a position it has been in for any amount of time, it looses its ability to seal properly. This will reult in excessive velocity no matter what the setting and the gun will vent the excess pressure out the back as is should.

Clint mag3240
04-01-2006, 04:02 PM
If you separated the front and back half of the valve, then you should probably replace the regulator seat oring. When this oring gets moved from a position it has been in for any amount of time, it looses its ability to seal properly. This will reult in excessive velocity no matter what the setting and the gun will vent the excess pressure out the back as is should.

ok, i did notice that it was shooting quite fast even if i had it set really low. i will try that out, thanks