PDA

View Full Version : AGD isn't dead, but is the warpfeed?

Aslan
03-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Lord knows there have been more than enough threads about the death of the Mag and AGD...but here's a version I haven't seen (nor could I find in the search):

Is the warpfeed dead?

Here's why I ask.

1) I have been trying to get my warp working. I've posted a bunch in the tech section...so responses. Yet if I post about a Mag being broke or having a level 10 question...bam...Aoers are on it like like flies on, well ya know.

2) I was talking about the warp in other threads and one guy who claims to have some experience with the warp pretty much said it was a waste of space and money. He brought up some interesting points...he said that if you had a ball break in it, you pretty much had to call yourself out of the game. And he said, regarding performance, that nowadays most mid to high end electric hoppers can feed as fast or faster than a warp.

Now, I know that the opinion here may be biased...but that doesn't bother me...because I guess since I have one I'm looking for more good news than bad news anyways...

So, what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Is it useful for anything other than decreasing your profile? Is it worth the extra weight?

Cow hunter
03-30-2006, 09:31 PM
some still like it, and as long as people are using it it wont be dead EVER. but the warp is capped at what 14bps? its really a great idea, truly genious, but the markers feed rate has surpassed the warps feed rate :/ therer are those of us who dont care, thats probably why we shoot mags, sure theyre "old and slow" but what could possibly be more reliable.

/i think they got the idea for the Q loader from the warp, and thats lightning fast!

you either love the warp or hate it, and having said that i WILL not play without one

thats like my Z-grip. its so different i wouldnt have a mag without one

Chronobreak
03-30-2006, 09:32 PM
waste, not at all

however as i have started many other threads and psoted before

it could unquestionably be much better /easier/ and more reliable

better wiring harness or NONE at all(12 vlt ready stock)

on/off button 9/12 vlt mode

easier interface

maybea rip drive type system?

but those minor things are the only downsides that i see, which really dont effect it that much.

warps have been dwindling and i wouldnt be surprised if agd dropped them but i think theyr hanging on just enough to keep em going for a tad longer(or till current stock si depleted)

i will say i have NEVER had a ball break in my warp, so that issue is null and void, also if a broke ball was to get in it it would most likely just be pushed up into the breech or out of the way.

as for getting more responses, how many mag owners have warps? how many have lvlX's?

the lowered profile and added center balance does wonders for my snap shooting and overall playing ability, except making it a tad awkward to run with the gun.

you either love the warp or hate it, and having said that i WILL not play without one

FromTheBack
03-30-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't have a warp personally but have seen people using them and one snapping move that seems to be useful is coming out of the bunker with the gun horizontally and your head to match. It seems like a low profile snap that is pretty effective. Other than that I have no input sorry man.

Chronobreak
03-30-2006, 09:33 PM
some still like it, and as long as people are using it it wont be dead EVER. but the warp is capped at what 14bps? its really a great idea, truly genious, but the markers feed rate has surpassed the warps feed rate :/ i think they got the idea for the Q loader from the warp, and thats lightning fast!

oh and if i recall tom said 16 ish stock and 24 ish with 12 vlt mod, so more than fast enough for most of us

also IF I RECALL correctly, the test warp was doing around ..75bps? :cool:

deathstalker
03-30-2006, 09:48 PM
The Warp has had a love/hate relationship with paintballers since its release. One thing to think about is you'll probably find more people bad-mouthing it than have actually tried it. When it works, it works. I use mine a few times per year, mostly for big games. The only problem I've experienced was paint-related. The paint I was using was so out of round that the wheels couldn't consistently grip all of them. Other than that, I really enjoy using it. I most enjoy shooting out both sides of a bunker without having to switch hands.

It needs to be broken in, it needs to be set up well, and it likes fresh batteries. It's probably too fragile to stand up to the ham-fistedness of your average paintballer, but if you take care of it, it should serve you well. Is it perfect? No, but what paintball product is?

Phantom_Mag
03-30-2006, 09:50 PM
ITS NOT DEAD, LOOK!!!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194387

BigEvil
03-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Ive been running with a 12v warp now going on my second season. So far, about 20cases of paint through it, not one break inside it. (Unlike my Halo at times). Also, the 12v mod makes it very fast. It easily keeps up with the Victory boarded Halo.

Warps are one of those things either you love or hate. Even when people want to try mine out, they right away are turned off buy how heavy my rig is. (Warp, Halo, Xmag, 88cu tank).

IcantBelieveit
03-30-2006, 10:11 PM
well......i ran a halo on a mechanical mag and had no problems whatsoever.....i liked it...it looked good...did not have problems with it being to heavy. I will probably run one on my vert e-mag...for scenario games...

grEnAlEins
03-30-2006, 11:05 PM
ITS NOT DEAD, LOOK!!!
I should hope not, I just got one.

wanna-b-ballin'
03-30-2006, 11:48 PM
i dunno about you guys, but the warp i had never let me down. once i had it set up it was great. before that it was just a sensitivity thing, in which when i ran it would feed balls.

i never had a ball break in it either, because of the way the disks slide right past. if balls were fragile enough to break in it, i dunno how they would survive being poured into a hopper in the first place.

the only problem i had, which was my fault, was knocking the battery door off and having one of the battery harness wires become un-saudered. it was a very easy fix with my coolheat(as seen on TV).
once you see how the warp works, its really a simple device.

grEnAlEins
03-30-2006, 11:53 PM
it was a very easy fix with my coolheat(as seen on TV)
MY FIRST EVER THREADJACK: do those work as well as they say? Good buy? I was thinking about gettin one...

ABTOCMEPTb
03-31-2006, 12:38 AM
LOL just ordered mine this morning. :shooting:

grEnAlEins
03-31-2006, 06:55 AM
LOL just ordered mine this morning. :shooting:
Picking mine up this afternoon!

buzzboy
03-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I really don't think the warp is dead. Just not enough people have shot them to find out. If everybody out there tried a warp on a gun that makes it look right(warp body or PF) more people would like them. I let a few of my buds shoot mine and they liked it but thought it was heavy and big. Needless to say I had a HUGE tank on so they were just talking about that. With a small tank and a drop I bet the warp setup would be the most compact thing ever. I like it because they way I hold my gun, it puts my forearm right infront of the warp and locks me into a position good for shooting and moving. Then you have the people who think it is hard to run with. I don't see how. As long as you have the correct hand on the trigger then it is very compfortable and easy to move with. I actually think it is better for shooting on the run than hopper on top guns. Last but not least is the issue of carrying it for long distances. I just hold it by the part of the valve that sticks out. Not very hard, and ballanced very well if set up right.

The warp is not dead. Just going through a mid life crisis.

ThePixelGuru
03-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Why does no one see this?

Exceeds 20 shots per second feed rate
And the only times I ever had broken paint in my Warp was when someone shot the feed tube or when my Revvy broke paint that dripped down.

punkncat
03-31-2006, 05:27 PM
In all the years I have played paintball I have only seen 5 markers with a warp feed on them. Three I owned, one of which I still do and use occationally for rec ball. I saw a warped Xmag at SEAO (3?) and cannot remember the guys name that owned it.....and the owner of a local field has one that he may have played with once in the last 4 years.

I like the concept of the warp. I like being able to see over my marker and the ability to turn it any direction and fire, even if only for a few shots. It definately gets a lot of attention any time I bring it out. Never had any breaks actually caused by the warp, only what was broken in the hopper getting in...which is a total pain in the crotch to clean out. Its weight is certainly an issue, and as has been said is awkward to run with.

Overall I like mine more for the novelty and wow factor than anything else.

raehl
03-31-2006, 08:08 PM
I still use a warp. When I play. Which is rarely.

My main reason is that I can shoot without my hopper OR my tank sticking out. I pretty much never get hit unless it's gogs, front of the battery, or I've been bunkered/flanked. No hopper hits, no wrist hits.

Downside is that it's extra weight, and a lot of players hate that. I've minimized that by having my Halo and the warp run off the same battery pack, although I never got the voltage mod that lets you run off your emag battery working. I'd probably also have to drop it if I played XBall, cause it's a pain to slide with too.

I usually play with a HALO on it so I can shoot left-handed as long as I'd like (as the halo force feed will feed into the warp horizontal).

When I decide to start playing again, I'm probably going to get a full-on ULE setup and run it with a warp/halo. Should be a lot lighter than the tank emag I've got now. ;)

- Chris

raehl
03-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Oh, and the one thing I *REALLY* like about the Warp is all the supa-agg 13-year-old tournament players automatically assume I suck. Which is nice, cause since I suck, I need to lower expectations as far as possible to have a chance. ;)

- Chris

AzrealDarkmoonZ
03-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I think the biggets aspect that hurts it, is that to put it to good use you need a warp fed marker. And to my knowledge other than a few cocker bodies and maybe a matrix breach or two only the mag offers this capability.

Az

hitech
03-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Sorry you didn't get more responces. I don't check tech much anymore...

Warps are great, but you have to learn how to use one...

:cheers:

raehl
03-31-2006, 08:55 PM
I think the biggets aspect that hurts it, is that to put it to good use you need a warp fed marker. And to my knowledge other than a few cocker bodies and maybe a matrix breach or two only the mag offers this capability.

Az

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't use a warp feed on a non-warp body.

- Chris

Aslan
03-31-2006, 10:56 PM
I finally made a post that people read and responded to!! Either I'm getting more interesting or you guys are getting bored! :rofl:

I'm definitely going to try it out...of matter of fact, I think I'm going to buy a second one. The one I have, the sensitivity disk isn't working or something. It might be that one of the screws holding the board down is stripped...I don't know...but it works in Intellifeed mode so I'll hook it on my Mag, get another one for my blowback project (where I need the sensitivity setting to work).

Glad to hear all the positive seperiences...was getting a little worried listening to the naysayers. :clap: :cheers:

hitech
04-01-2006, 12:11 AM
One thing to remember is that it really does take time and EFFORT to learn to use a warp.

Good luck.

:cheers:

Tao
04-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Lord knows there have been more than enough threads about the death of the Mag and AGD...but here's a version I haven't seen (nor could I find in the search):

Is the warpfeed dead?

Here's why I ask.

1) I have been trying to get my warp working. I've posted a bunch in the tech section...so responses. Yet if I post about a Mag being broke or having a level 10 question...bam...Aoers are on it like like flies on, well ya know.

2) I was talking about the warp in other threads and one guy who claims to have some experience with the warp pretty much said it was a waste of space and money. He brought up some interesting points...he said that if you had a ball break in it, you pretty much had to call yourself out of the game. And he said, regarding performance, that nowadays most mid to high end electric hoppers can feed as fast or faster than a warp.

Now, I know that the opinion here may be biased...but that doesn't bother me...because I guess since I have one I'm looking for more good news than bad news anyways...

So, what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Is it useful for anything other than decreasing your profile? Is it worth the extra weight?

You know if a ball breaks in your force feed halo or egg or Vlocity you are equally as screwed in the game. If the warp breaks paint you probably would have a break right inside any of the other loaders...

As far as I see the only thing that can feed CONSISTANLY faster than a warp is a chetahed halo. My warp with 12v will feed faster than a victory board halo with energizer bateries.
I can look at just about any player on the speedball field and I can watch and see breaks in their firing from their loaders failing to feed a ball (eyes, dry fires, or plain out breaks) I have had my gun fire a ball EVERY SINGLE TIME I have pulled the trigger unless I had a GUN problem or my warp batteries were almost dead! :)

FinchMan
04-01-2006, 05:00 AM
You know if a ball breaks in your force feed halo or egg or Vlocity you are equally as screwed in the game. If the warp breaks paint you probably would have a break right inside any of the other loaders...

As far as I see the only thing that can feed CONSISTANLY faster than a warp is a chetahed halo. My warp with 12v will feed faster than a victory board halo with energizer bateries.
I can look at just about any player on the speedball field and I can watch and see breaks in their firing from their loaders failing to feed a ball (eyes, dry fires, or plain out breaks) I have had my gun fire a ball EVERY SINGLE TIME I have pulled the trigger unless I had a GUN problem or my warp batteries were almost dead! :)

why has nobody tried to make a new board for the warp, so it can run directly off of the 18 volt emag battery? that should provide sufficient speed. :shooting: