PDA

View Full Version : Automag Wiki?

RapidTransit
03-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Anyone besides me think there should be an Automag Wiki?

I have webspace etc if anyone thinks its a good idea :cheers:

Magglerock
03-30-2006, 11:36 PM

What is a "Wiki"?

68magOwner
03-30-2006, 11:39 PM
What is a "Wiki"?
:confused:

Code Name : Cthulhu
03-30-2006, 11:41 PM
From Wiki.org

What Is Wiki
Wiki is in Ward's original description:
The simplest online database that could possibly work.

Wiki is a piece of server software that allows users to freely create and edit Web page content using any Web browser. Wiki supports hyperlinks and has a simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly.

Wiki is unusual among group communication mechanisms in that it allows the organization of contributions to be edited in addition to the content itself.

Like many simple concepts, "open editing" has some profound and subtle effects on Wiki usage. Allowing everyday users to create and edit any page in a Web site is exciting in that it encourages democratic use of the Web and promotes content composition by nontechnical users.

ThePixelGuru
03-31-2006, 05:01 PM
An Automag Wiki would be pretty sweet. Debunk a lot of myths and provide some useful information to fellow 'maggers. I say go for it, and post a link here when you do.

robnix
03-31-2006, 05:02 PM

Fantastic idea.

KillerOfGiants
03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
brilliant idea. and there are a LOT of knowledgable people that could help out with the editing.

Dryden
03-31-2006, 07:20 PM
I don't know that the topic is broad enough to warrant a wiki. Havoc took care of just about everything years ago.

http://www.havoc-online.com/

ahellers
04-01-2006, 12:49 PM
An Automag Wiki would be pretty sweet. Debunk a lot of myths and provide some useful information to fellow 'maggers. I say go for it, and post a link here when you do.

isnt that what this site is for.... umm ? :confused:

ThePixelGuru
04-01-2006, 03:34 PM
isnt that what this site is for.... umm ? :confused:
Partially. It's not the same static resource that a wiki would be, and I think we could get a lot more concrete info down in a wiki.

Also, Havoc-Online hasn't come close to a full writeup of everything available for the 'mag. Wikis are almost by definiton too much info for one person to write.