PDA

View Full Version : Got a new mag with a issue

goast5674
03-31-2006, 01:55 AM
i just recieved my new rt pro....went to hook up the air and it leaks. the leak is coming from where the tank conects to the gun, i've tried 4 diffrent air tanks, they all do it. how can i fix this?

MoeMag
03-31-2006, 03:37 AM
OMG :rofl:

Seriously don’t do that. :spit_take

First off, Welcome to AO. Us mag folk are a little different so sit down and enjoy the ride. :cool:

Okay, so you have a RT pro. Can I assume that you have screw in tanks, because you tried multiple tanks? When you say, “Where the tank connects to the gun” do you mean the adapter that connects the tank to the gun looks sort of like this...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/ASA.jpg

Where is the leak coming from?

A: Macroline elbow fitting. Specifically where the macroline goes into it.
Remove the line, inspect the end for any burrs or splits, if any cut off bad end or replace line. If none replace the macroline into fitting, then pull on it gently to properly fasten it. If it still leaks replace the macroline elbow (about $5.00).

B or C: screw in your tank until the gun gasses up, then turn ¼ of a turn more. If it is leaking from the small hole (B) or from the threads (C), remove the tank and check your tank o-ring. It is doubtful this is your problem if you have tried 4 tanks, but you may have 4 bad tank o-rings.

D: If it is leaking from the base of the macroline elbow where it threads into the ASA, first try tightening it (should be a 7/16 wrench). If that doesn’t work, remove it entirely and apply Teflon thread sealing tape, to the threads, and replace it into the ASA.

That should fix most of the "where the tank connects to the gun" leaks.

If you have a vertical bottle adapter, an on/off, stainless steel hoses, or a hard-line, then ignore all of the stuff above and be more specific what kind of rig you have, and someone if not me can help out.

Hope this helps
MoeMag

Cow hunter
03-31-2006, 06:45 AM
try thread tape, on everything, tank, macro fittings everything

goast5674
03-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Moemag the leaks take place at C in your pic

Dayspring
03-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Got an oring on your tank?

goast5674
03-31-2006, 11:39 AM
yes there is an oring...and its good

Coralis
03-31-2006, 11:40 AM
an easy fix is to put a bottle Oring in the bottom of the duckbill adaptor and then screw the bottle in .... when the bottle is screwed in the top of the bottle will seal up against the oring and should take care of the leak, also it will help prevent the bottle from backing out while playing

goast5674
03-31-2006, 11:47 AM
the oring in the asa worked...thkx a bunch

MoeMag
03-31-2006, 12:03 PM
That’s a good idea I never heard of that, learn something new everyday.

have fun :bounce: