PDA

View Full Version : Stock emag board repair

REDRT
03-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Has anyone ever had the little switches on the board break off? Can AGD fix this? If so for about how much and what kind of time frame? A friend is getting out of the service. In the next few days he should be home. Anyway he bought this Emag on ebay. The seller is a crook! The Emag is in sorry shape. I'd like to be able to give my friend some options before I call him with the bad news. He has always wanted an Emag and this was to be his first. Not a good start for him. :(

Lightfoot
04-01-2006, 03:22 AM
hey redrt,

check with tunaman here on AO from what i've read on the forums
he has fixed them in the past

good luck :D

shades
04-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I'll fix for the cost parts and postage esspecially for a serviceman. I have a old emag board
can take a switch off. does it work in manual mode? if so even with a broken switch it should still work in electronic mode. If so then send me the board only an ill put a new switch on as soon as I get it and mail it the next day. If the problems are more more complex then the switch only send it to Tunaman or Havoc. They will have to tell you their time tables.

Gunga
04-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah, AGD can replace the switches easy. Probably just for one of the stars on the valve, assuming of course that the board itself isn't fried or something else big like that.

Timeframe...depends on how many guns AGD has in at the time.

shades
04-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah, AGD can replace the switches easy. Probably just for one of the stars on the valve, assuming of course that the board itself isn't fried or something else big like that.

Timeframe...depends on how many guns AGD has in at the time.

Emags dont have service stars though. So it WILL cost you.$$$

REDRT
04-02-2006, 11:44 AM
The board in question workes fine except you couldn't run through the modes via the button. You could however do it with the grip off and using a pen or something touch where the switch was to scroll through the modes. I have already installed my old board in place of his, but now I'm out of a spare board. I wouldn't mind having it fixed. Board new is $200, broken it is worth nothing.

Loguzzzzzz
04-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Send it to Tunaman!!!!

Tuna just did the same repair on one of my Emags and is cost me $55 for the repair and then I had him Flash v3.2 on it the total was $75.00, I think that even included the return shipping! Tunaman also gave the lowers the "once over" and did a couple of fine tuning adjustments.

Way better then a new board. It took about two weeks including the shipping.

Highly reccommend you do it this way.

email him at: tunaman5@comcast.net

Gunga
04-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Emags dont have service stars though. So it WILL cost you.$$$

Wrong. Emags/X-Valves/RT Pros are considered to have 2 stars.

REDRT
04-02-2006, 03:22 PM

How true, but for this to apply I'd suppose it would help if it had a valve since that is where the serial numbers are. All I'd be sending is the board itself...

shades
04-05-2006, 09:51 PM

My mistake the valves do have a two star warantee. BUT we are talking electronics so....
and I paste from airgun.com quote:Warranties in regards to E-Mags, X-mags and any future Electronic marker made by AGD: Boards will only carry a 1 year warranty which is not considered transferable. A copy of a receipt will be required when performing any repair/replacement of any electronic board found on an X-mag, E-mag, or any future electronic marker made by Airgun Designs Inc.

Tunaman
04-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Send it here and I'll take care of it. Unless its a new emag<one year old it is out of warranty anyway...

IcantBelieveit
04-09-2006, 10:07 AM
are you sure the switch is broken off....not the little switch extender that goes in the gripframe???if so you can get those mad cheap from AGD

REDRT
04-09-2006, 11:00 AM
are you sure the switch is broken off....not the little switch extender that goes in the gripframe???if so you can get those mad cheap from AGD
Yeah, I'm sure. I replaced the board already with one I had and my friend is happy. I don't have the part to fix his board and I also seem to twitch a little too much working on a circuit board imo. Enough that I don't trust myself anymore working on something so delicate. So I guess the broken one will go to Tuna when I get around to it.