PDA

View Full Version : Why the price difference?

topazpaintball
04-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Why is it that
http://www.jackalmachine.com/products/frame_90degree.html

costs $40 more than
http://www.ansxtreme.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=90FRAMESWNGCKRBLK

sisco87
04-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Because Jackal is the manufacturer, and ANS a retailer. The manufacturer normally sells at MSRP, while retailers sell at below MSRP.
he said it.

ZEROte
04-01-2006, 10:47 AM
funny i couldve sworn that ans was also a manufacturer....

topazpaintball
04-01-2006, 10:57 AM
funny i couldve sworn that ans was also a manufacturer....

That's what I was thinking, because it's the stock frame on the GX-5's, and Jackal machine makes aftermarket parts :confused:

Dirge
04-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Something changed.

The_Leech
04-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Wait, i thought the Manufacturor (sp?) sold things for less than Distributor. Thats how the Distribuotr makes a profit!

*confused*

Vex
04-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Wait, i thought the Manufacturor (sp?) sold things for less than Distributor. Thats how the Distribuotr makes a profit!

*confused*
Then why would you ever buy anything from a distributor instead of just from the manufacturer? Why not just buy your cookies from the Keebler elves themselves instead of going to Kroger?
Manufacturers will rarely ever sell their products for less than their distributors do. They would undercut their distributors and end up selling less products by doing so. The distributors, like Action Village, buy products in bulk and get the products at a discounted price. They turn around and sell them for MSRP or a little less and make a profit.

ZEROte
04-01-2006, 11:46 PM
ANS also makes aftermarket parts, being doing so for years.

They are, just not the manufacturer of the Jackal frame, which is why the price is under MSRP in their retail store.

actually from the looks of it one knocked off the other. they are two different frames yet identical. ala dye and the crappier superbolts. bonebrake and wgp. those arent jackal frames in the ans store.

The_Leech
04-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Then why would you ever buy anything from a distributor instead of just from the manufacturer? Why not just buy your cookies from the Keebler elves themselves instead of going to Kroger?
Manufacturers will rarely ever sell their products for less than their distributors do. They would undercut their distributors and end up selling less products by doing so. The distributors, like Action Village, buy products in bulk and get the products at a discounted price. They turn around and sell them for MSRP or a little less and make a profit.

Oh..okay. I think i got confused cuz when they have those commericals for Empire carpter or something they say "Direct Warehouse Pricing, so you save"

But thats not in Bulk. So yeah, i get it now

StygShore
04-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Actually....

Coming from the man himself, ANS licensed the frame design from Jackal Machine.

Case solved, close the books on this one.

As far as price, What Rogue said, + ANS has more manufacturing power than Jackal Machine did, so they can produce more at one time, thus cutting the costs.

Styg