PDA

View Full Version : Superbolt and Warp

Daniel Morse
12-17-2001, 03:29 PM
For those that have bought the Superbolt: has it altered the sensitivity perfomance on your warp feed due to less recoil? Even if the two don't work together well it will all be fixed with the EZ-Grip when it comes out.:cool:

Xzion
12-17-2001, 04:23 PM
I know when I used my superbolt/warp combo, the warp wasnt feeding consistantly, it may have been the bolt, but I was having warp problems earlier with the long nose bolt, before I got the superbolt, so im not sure which is at fault for the inconsistancy of the warp feeding. My warp is currently at AGD, hopefully if it is the problem, they have fixed it, if not, ill have to install an intellifeed in my Z-Grip.

Daniel Morse
12-18-2001, 03:25 PM
Does anybody have any experience with this combination?:rolleyes:

Bartleby
12-18-2001, 04:01 PM
actually i have heard of many problems with a low recoil gun trying to use a warp. aparently it does affect the sensitivity and i would recommend calling AGD directly and asking a tech why can be done. because mags have a fair amount of recoil (which isn't a bad thing, i like it) the warp doesn't usually have problems with it. but the new bolt could cause some issues to arise. hope this helps.

mag59459
12-18-2001, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Xzion
My warp is currently at AGD, hopefully if it is the problem, they have fixed it, if not, ill have to install an intellifeed in my Z-Grip.

How long has your warp been at agd, I sent in my mag to get it upgraded to an e-mag in november. I just called them and they haven't even sent it out yet. They recieved it on the 5th!

Xzion
12-18-2001, 05:09 PM
How long has your warp been at agd, I sent in my mag to get it upgraded to an e-mag in november. I just called them and they haven't even sent it out yet. They recieved it on the 5th!

Well, I gave the tech my warp directly after using it at country club paintball after the AGD Supertour, and due to some mishaps in shipping and such, it's still there, not that it's a problem, as I dont really play much in the winter anyway, so I wouldnt use my case as an example.

spacemanspiff
12-18-2001, 05:38 PM
So how does the recoil of a gun affect the warp? I thought that it feed no matter what. I mean it sounds like you would have to shake it to work if you had a low recoil gun. Like those old hoppers, shake and shoot:p Just wondering.

BlackVCG
12-18-2001, 06:42 PM
That's part of the deal. Less recoil means less reliable Warp triggering. If you're having problems with it going off each time with the superbolt, you're going to want to seriously consider setting up intellifeed on your gun. Most all guns will do fine with the vib sensor in the Warp, but some extremely low operating pressure guns, which generally have little recoil, have problems with getting a Warp to spin off the vib sensor at its most sensitive setting.

One thing to make sure of for reliable Warp triggering when using the vib sensor is that the Warp bracket is directly in touch with the grip frame and the screws are tight along with the screws holding the Warp to the bracket.

Gunga
12-18-2001, 08:45 PM
I've had my superbolt and warp since the group tour/tech class. I've got my Intelliframe intellifeeding my Revvy (the eye is busted) and my warp working on the vibration sensor. I've played with this setup several times and have gone through about 4-5 cases of paint with no problems.

If you're having problems with the warp spinning on vibration mode, just adjust the sensitivity of the vibration sensor by turning the little blue pot on the warp board.