PDA

View Full Version : When will I out shoot my Hopper?

AMGuy
12-17-2001, 03:48 PM
I have a 12 volt Revy that is BE which means it has that slight pause. What is the Maximum ROF that this Revy can keep up with?

What about the New X-Board Revy?

AMGuy
12-17-2001, 03:57 PM
:eek: surprised no one has responded yet

Slapp
12-17-2001, 04:25 PM
I think the 12 volt revvy's can run up to about 11 balls per second on a full hopper and less as it gets down to just a few balls left that bobble around before loading. You could improve the feed a bit by hooking up an intellifeed. I don't know anything about the X-fire boards.

AMGuy
12-17-2001, 04:45 PM
thx, now you took into account the slight pause right?

anyone else?:rolleyes:

PyRo
12-17-2001, 06:02 PM
X boards are probably just the original boards that didn't have the delay.

Dude
12-17-2001, 06:03 PM
The x-boards do help a little, I've got one and it eliminates the pause and the treat of sun making the loader stir up the paintballs if your hopper is clear. The revolution can spit 'balls out of the gun at about twelve balls per second, but this only really happens in bursts. This means that you can only shoot a substained about nine or ten balls per every second.

PyRo
12-17-2001, 06:12 PM
They claim 13/sec, its usually 11-12 though with the old style boards.

AMGuy
12-17-2001, 07:02 PM
thx guys

pyro, what would say the x-boards would feed at?

Cha0tic
12-17-2001, 07:03 PM
check out the hopper reviews at warpig.com they didn't find anything special about the x-board.

PyRo
12-17-2001, 07:10 PM
Never used one. Warpig tested them, i don't know if they have feed rates posted or not, check it out. They will probably feed the same as the old style.

mykroft
12-18-2001, 10:32 AM
I've got a first gen(Non-BE) 12V, it'll do 11-12, the second gen's(Gem Board) will do 9-11 due to the delay, some are even slower. The 3rd gen's (X-Board + New paddles) will do at least 13, I've seen one feed a Matrix set at 16, going all out, in small bursts, no more than 5-6 balls at a time.

The X-Board isn't a first gen board, it spins faster, and doesn't have the sensor/sunlight issue in gem hoppers that the first-gen board did. The new paddles are basicly the Egg paddle mod a bunch of people where doing. One of those paddles is definitely in my future.

Restola
12-18-2001, 10:55 AM
i have a 12v, x-board, and intellifeed and i havent outshot my hopper yet. i probably shoot bursts of 7-8 bps. what gun are you planning on shooting a consistent 13bps with AMguy? i think tom said even he has never shot faster than 12.5 and that was a burst.

AMGuy
12-18-2001, 12:14 PM
well right now I have a 68 mag powerfeed with the dealyed boards, so for now I dont think it will be a problem.

but eventually I will probably upgrade to retro and later intelliframe with intellifeed

i heard that if you intelli feed a delayed hopper, the delay doesnt exist, when you pull the trigger, it spins immidiatly just like the pre brass eagle revies would. I guess this would make sense since it is totally bipassing the infared. Can anyone back this up?

And have any tests been done to test the feed speed of an intelli revy?

Oh yeah and one more question, what do you think my max ROF will be with a retro + intelli frame and feed?

thx guys :)

PyRo
12-18-2001, 01:51 PM
New ones CANNOT feed faster than the old ones. The only differance is the board, and the only way the board can effect the feed rate, is how fast the impeller (that what its called?) spins, and any delay. Neither the old nor the new have any delay or effect the rate at which they spin. The only differance between the original, and the x boards might be the sensitivity to the sun.

AMGuy
12-18-2001, 04:19 PM
I believe that isnt right
these are the 12v rev's that exist:

Pre-brass eagle
Had no delay, but clear hoppers had a glitch where they would agitate when hit by sun light

Brass eagle Revy (the one I own)
Fixed sunlight glitch but had delay

X-board Revy
Fixed delay and no sunlight glitch

so yeah I do think the pause would do something

anyone have an answer for my above post?

Bartleby
12-18-2001, 04:25 PM
yes i have an answer. maybe it wasn't the board that had an issue with the sunlight, maybe it was just the eye? i could be which would explain it and possibly open up some question on the xboards, like pyro said.

AMGuy
12-18-2001, 05:21 PM
it was the board since they sell upgrade x boards that get rid of the delay

here is a previous post of mine that still wasnt answered:

well right now I have a 68 mag powerfeed with the dealyed boards, so for now I dont think it will be a problem.

but eventually I will probably upgrade to retro and later intelliframe with intellifeed

i heard that if you intelli feed a delayed hopper, the delay doesnt exist, when you pull the trigger, it spins immidiatly just like the pre brass eagle revies would. I guess this would make sense since it is totally bipassing the infared. Can anyone back this up?

And have any tests been done to test the feed speed of an intelli revy?

Oh yeah and one more question, what do you think my max ROF will be with a retro + intelli frame and feed?

thx guys

:)

LeadBasedPaint
12-18-2001, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
X boards are probably just the original boards that didn't have the delay.

Thats exactly what they are. Unless you mean the old boards, as in old.

PyRo
12-18-2001, 08:40 PM
Original boards and x boards feed at the same rate. Only slower ones are the ones in the middle with the delay.

AMGuy
12-18-2001, 09:01 PM
yes I know, now does anyone have an answer to my question?
(sry If I sould like a jerk, im really not trying to;) )

markhauguel
12-19-2001, 08:44 AM
The max ROF of any hopper of this type is 11.7 bps if working perfectly. This is due to gravity and the size of a paintball. This is only for the balls in the feed tube. This is where the delay comes into play. The feed rate will be a lot less as the hopper empties and the balls get batted around by the blades. Nothing can make a gravity hopper feed faster. Some are more consistant than others. To feed any faster you have to force the balls into the gun like a warp feed or halo (someday) will. The bps calculation is the time it takes a ball to accelerate from standing still and move .68 inches at 32 fps/s (gravity). This makes the assumption that there is no stick to the next ball or the feed tube and the drop is vertical. I hope this helps, good luck.

Restola
12-19-2001, 09:12 AM
i shot my gun next to my microphone and recorded it, and found my bursts hit 10bps. since i got my new parabolic feedplug i havent had any mid-stream chops. for some reason usually its the second one that breaks (probably me shortstroking right away).

and yes if you have intellifeed every time you pull the trigger it closes a switch and as long as you hold down the trigger the paddles will spin, no delay. it spins about 1 turn every trigger pull, give or take based on speed and ball resistance.

Drizit
12-19-2001, 09:50 AM
have a look at this
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/lineup/index.shtml

blockarm50
12-19-2001, 04:24 PM
i have heard that the xboard can feed up to 14 bps

[NA]WARLORD
12-19-2001, 07:52 PM
why not scrap the x-board and buy the turbo board from Smart Parts. its faster, but pricer than x, but if your looking for speed, theres your answer, unless moneys no object team it with a warp feed, or spend 150.00 on new halo.

PyRo
12-19-2001, 08:14 PM
Think whatever you want :)

[NA]WARLORD
12-20-2001, 09:29 AM
Hey Pyro, is there any reason to back that up? Or ya just being a little fecicuos? I would like to find out if you know something i dont so i can save some money in the long run, not trying to start anything tho.....

markhauguel
12-20-2001, 02:47 PM
Pyro has it right. Gravity causes the balls to fall not the agitator. Stirring up the balls only makes sure that they are not stuck. The agitation only makes the stream of balls more consistant but not faster. The delay when they do get stuck is a separate issue but, falling faster than 11-12 is gravity driven. This is why no one promises more than that. Tom has done tests with the RT fire rate and that is why we have the warp. Drop hoppers can only go so fast. The halo if ever out is a force feed hopper like the warp is and will go faster.

PyRo
12-20-2001, 03:36 PM
I'm just saying there is no differance in feed rate between the original boards, and the new X-boards. The reason they have the x-boards, is because they messed up and replaced the original ones with ones that have a delay.

AMGuy
12-20-2001, 10:39 PM
let me stat my q this way:
will the delay cause me to chop alot more in rapid fire?

PyRo
12-21-2001, 01:42 PM
I'm done here :)