PDA

View Full Version : what body is this

Rolo
04-01-2006, 03:56 PM
http://www.edmontonpaintball.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=290&catid=newimages

hey guys im trying to find out what body I have some one on here said it was an IT body but i can not find any info on that name on the net and the airgun tech i talked to had not herd of it ether. Who made it and whats the full name?

A-Tach-One
04-01-2006, 04:02 PM
http://www.edmontonpaintball.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=290&catid=newimages

hey guys im trying to find out what body I have some one on here said it was an IT body but i can not find any info on that name on the net and the airgun tech i talked to had not herd of it ether. Who made it and whats the full name?

Yep, an IT (Intimidation Technology) body made by Xtreme Depot. They are no longer.

Edit:
All aluminum body
Autococker threads
Autococker ball detant threads
double ball detant
angel feed neck threads
Cut & Carved

Lohman446
04-01-2006, 04:04 PM
The IT body was a short run aftermarket production body. It was missing the steel washer found in the slug body (that other aftermarket bodies like the Karta are made from). A lot of people questioned how well produced they were and if they were into tolerances enough to be reliable or not. No idea, never shot one myself.

Rolo
04-01-2006, 04:23 PM
thanks for the info guys when i get my valve back from repair i will find out how well it works myself if only the tacones came in other colors busides black

ThePixelGuru
04-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Two drop forwards, eh? I know you asked about the body, but I couldn't help but notice...

personman
04-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Im pretty sure thats only one drop forward

SummaryJudgement
04-01-2006, 07:26 PM
The IT body was a short run aftermarket production body. It was missing the steel washer found in the slug body (that other aftermarket bodies like the Karta are made from). A lot of people questioned how well produced they were and if they were into tolerances enough to be reliable or not. No idea, never shot one myself.

They had tolerance issues.....I couldn't even put valves I had in an IT body I had once. And a valve I could fit in would have bolt stick. I think the body tube is a little too narrow, or the detents stickout too much, but then again these are experiences with just one of their bodies. I may have just gotten a bad one......

ZEROte
04-02-2006, 02:57 PM
actually the big problem with them was that the feedneck threads were milled incorrectly and the feed necks could continue down getting in the way of the bolt.

Automaggot68
04-02-2006, 07:10 PM
actually the big problem with them was that the feedneck threads were milled incorrectly and the feed necks could continue down getting in the way of the bolt.

You dont mill threads. You tap them.
They weren't milled from slugs.
There was also a lack of the steel ring insert.

sniper1rfa
04-02-2006, 07:37 PM
actually, being an odd size (well, i dunno, but its metric and large) it is quite possible they were milled, rather than tapped.

Thread milling is becoming very popular, since it is, by and large, much more universal to impliment. It also allows many things tapping does not I.E. controlling the starting point of the thread.

Rolo
07-03-2006, 07:38 PM
well I have had it up and running now for some time have not had any leaks or problomes with the body i had to add a spacer to my on/off but worked out well. whats this steel ring insert? whats it do?

Still want to get a TacOne body though I'm a bushballer and would rather have something more tactical :) probably an Rt rail and a ygrip too.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i301/dragonrolo/Z-gripMicroMag001.jpg

mobsterboy
07-04-2006, 04:47 PM
the pic you posted has a hopper left micromag body, not the same thing in the link
IT, well, they were interesting. Lets just say this. IF they were a good company and their products were worth the money, they'd still be around enough to even buy off old stock
enough said