PDA

View Full Version : Minimag shooting issues

Munnin
04-01-2006, 04:30 PM
okay guys, i got my minimag to the field for the first time, bought it on ebay a couple months ago and put a chimera frame on it.
so i went to crono and the CO2 tank in my pocket decided it was a good time to blow its burst disk. after grabing a new tank and screwed it in i tried to crono it and the first shot was fine.. then all the rest of the balls would go a max of 20ft with a pffbttt sound. i wasnt short strokeing it and only fireing once every couple of seconds so i dont think the valve was getting liquid.... any help? a parts kit should be ariving from tunaman any day now, i dont think this gun has been used sence it was bought in the 90s

ThePixelGuru
04-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Drop some oil in the ASA and shoot it through. I assume you tried turning the velocity up, right?

K Wolf
04-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a problem getting air to the valve. Have you tried any other bottles? Maybe the schrader valve in your bottle is not being opened fully.

Munnin
04-01-2006, 07:42 PM
yea i tried 2 diffrent bottles, a 9oz that exploded in my pocket >_< *got a new disk and refilled it, and a brand new 20oz, i guesss i should also mention its setup with a 13'' hose from the tank strate to the valve like the paradum classics on themagsmith.com

K Wolf
04-01-2006, 08:07 PM
OK, so I was hoping for the "easy" problem. If you've already tried ThePixelGuru's suggestions, and they didn't help, then it's time to take it apart and inspect for obvious things like chewed up orings or anything that would interfere with the regulator or the on/off. (There is a small gap between the trigger and the trigger rod when the trigger is forward and the marker is aired up?)

Probably something small, mags are simple, just different.
:)