PDA

View Full Version : Go super Program

mag_pbg
12-17-2001, 04:28 PM
hey Tom I was wondering if it would be fesable to have a program like the retro only it would be super and you could trade in your old bolt for the new super bolt¿

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-17-2001, 04:38 PM
i wouldnt mind doing this? how bout it Tom!

PigSweat
12-17-2001, 04:48 PM
You guys ask too much of Tom. Look at his position from a business perspective, he has the cost to manufacture the Superbolt, which must at least be covered by what he gets in trade. With the ReTro, this is not difficult, as they can sell/use the complete classic valve assembly you give them, ot at least sell the parts.

C'mon, he's already giving us (things we've requested):

1.) Nickel I-Frames
2.) Z-Grips
3.) Go ReTro program
4.) MANY differnt warp bodies
5.) E-mag upgrade
6.) E-mag Extreme upgrade

FeelTheRT
12-17-2001, 05:15 PM
Well there's a reason why AGD is doing such a program. I think it was to get rid of some of hte old valves or something like that. AGD just recently came out with a newer desgin bolt about a year and a half ago that reduced the blow back air. I'm pritty sure AGD dosn't want to get rid of those. So maybe if AGD did do an AIR+bolt+$$ for ReTro and super bolt, i'm guessing it would probably be the old sytle bolts.

MajorDamage
12-17-2001, 06:17 PM
When AGD came out with the Longnose bolt they had a bolt exchange program I believe. Something like your old bolt and $15 for the new one.

ENDO!

BlackVCG
12-17-2001, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
When AGD came out with the Longnose bolt they had a bolt exchange program I believe. Something like your old bolt and $15 for the new one.

ENDO!

No, they did not.

FeelTheRT has the idea. AGD does the Go Retro Program to get old valves off the market and more guns equipped with Retros. It's easier for them when a gun comes in with a Retro Valve to service it rather than an older AIR valve, that due to the changes in machine shops and manufacturing processes over the years sometimes requires special fitted parts to that valve/gun.

mag59459
12-17-2001, 08:57 PM
why the hell would tom want a bunch of old used bolts that probably cost a quarter a piece to make new.

toymyster
12-17-2001, 09:10 PM
Come on guys, how much is a superbolt??? And what would tom do with a bunch of used bolts??? And how much credit were you expecting to get for your used bolt???? I can understand the go retro program!! I think it is brilliant!! However, a trade in program for a measly bolt???? Let's not get greedy!!! And, superbolt is not for everyone, Remember it is a "performance wear item"!!

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-17-2001, 09:51 PM
i think they charge to much for the go retro program, i can easily sell my valve for like 100. yet they only give you 75 dollars as a discount. i don't know, just me wanting soemthing great for less money.

headcase
12-17-2001, 10:53 PM
Not flaming here, just curious. Who would want a stock AIR valve? I mean most people that have extra bodies/gripframes/rails whatever else already have ReTro's so the AIR would be a step backwards. If they wanted a back up it would make more sense to save a little more and get another ReTro. I know thats what I'd do, but I also don't beleve in haveing more than one kind of marker. Whatever.

Later
SSDD

AGD
12-18-2001, 12:59 AM
Sorry guys can't do that. The only reason we do the trade in's on the valves is so we don't have to ever fix that valve again.

AGD

FooTemps
12-18-2001, 01:01 AM
I get where you're going Tom... It makes sense to do it with valves that are old and maybe even pre star or pre level 7... The bolts are almost the same throughout all the levels besides long nose, foamie, etc...

mag_pbg
12-18-2001, 06:05 AM
Thanx Tom it is was just a idea I was playing around with in my head and thought it would be cool, I will proabably get a uper bolt sometime after Christmas.