PDA

View Full Version : New X-valve problems

Paint-Fool
04-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Ok I have a new x-valve and it's giving me a problem. When I gas it up there is some pressure on the trigger rod but I can pull the trigger and it won't fire. I had a stock on/off in it when I tried. So I tried another stock on/off and a ult and had the same problem. So I tried three different on/offs with no luck. I tried these three on/offs in an older x-valve and they worked fine. When I removed the valve the on/off pin would drop down and get caught on the body so I know it had some pressure on it. It's not leaking at all so I don't have a clue. I also tried two different tanks on the new valve as well so I know it wasn't the air system. Thanks for any help guys.

rb211
04-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Try increasing the velocity.

Paint-Fool
04-02-2006, 10:50 PM
I did that but still didn't work. Maybe I'll try increasing it up unitl it vents.

Little_Ho
04-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Turn it all the way up and then a quarter back out that should do without venting out of the back.

Try that but your Problem sounds like the On/Off. Did you oil it very very good??

I mean a lot of Oil??

MoeMag
04-03-2006, 12:06 AM
If increasing the velocity didn't help this probably wont either but just in case...
use a lighter spring.

Also, could your lvl 10 be really out of tune?

Finally, my all around solution... is your field strip screw too loose or too tight?

EDIT...
do what nate said first \/ \/ \/

nate2k191
04-03-2006, 12:38 AM
make sure there is oil in the x-valve - i'm pretty sure they come dry. either take the valve apart and oil it (if you know what you're doing) or you can put 2-3 drops of oil where the air connects on the valve, then gas it up and (try to) shoot the oil thru the valve. also try having the velocity really low (almost a half inch of velocity nut showing) and screwing it in until it shoots. these helped my new x-valve come alive.

Nate129
04-03-2006, 01:30 AM
If you have not done this yet, try one of your other X-Valves on the gun you are having problems with. Keep everything else the same, just change the valve itself.

The symptom you are describing sounds a lot like what I was dealing with when I had a TINY leak from one of my macro fittings.

Also, if you hit the back of your valve after you pull the trigger, will it fire?

Paint-Fool
04-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah I took it apart and oiled it and also put oil in the macro fitting. I will try the velocity thing next. Yeah I tried this valve on another gun/rail and it did the same thing. I tried three different on/offs in this valve and they all acted the same way so I know it's not the on/offs. I don't hear any leaks at all but maybe the lvl10 is too tight? Heck I don't know. I haven't tried hitting the back of it but I will. Thanks for the help guys.

Blurry
04-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Well what i did first with this is I removed the on/off assembly. Assembled the gun and put a tank on if air shoots out and leaks, that means air is getting to the on/off assembly. Next thing I did is I had to figure out if it was something with the valve or what not, so i took the gun apart all the way. Then i put the valve together placed it into the body with the rail attached no grip frame. That way you can actuate the trigger rod/sear assembly and all the gun to fire. If you can make the marker fire then you have decided that the on off assembly is good, that the valve is not defective, and that now you know it is going to be on off pin length, or if your like me you start to lengthen the trigger rod.

I had this problem so I started lengthening the trigger rod. Another thing I did was shaved the pin on my marker down to .735. Then by lengthening the trigger rod I got it to fire with an amazingly short pull and great reactivity. I had the same problem as you with having pressure and tension on the trigger, but couldnt get it to fire but by disassembling the marker and reassembling with no gripframe attached you can cycle the marker without having to deal with the variable of trigger rod length. Helps to eliminate variables when troubleshooting.

Laterz
PM me if any other questions