PDA

View Full Version : V-Force Mirror Questions

AMGuy
12-17-2001, 04:50 PM
2 questions:

Can I buy the Mirror lens sepretly, and if I can where?

Where can I find the best price if I buy the Mirror Morph?

AMGuy
12-17-2001, 04:53 PM
one more question, is the V-Force morph lens not thermal? I know that they dont fog but is that because of superior venting etc and not relying on a antifog chemical on the lens?
if it is then that would alow amazingly easy cleaning :)

Potatoboy
12-17-2001, 04:55 PM
Yes you can buy just a Mirrored lens.
No, I don't know where.
None of the VForce lenses are thermal.
All of the VForce lenses rely on antifog solution.
Yes the antifog solution is built into the lens.
No, they still don't fog.

AMGuy
12-17-2001, 07:07 PM
i looked all over that site and its not there and doesnt even have anything to do with paintball,
either im an idiot or your wasting my time :mad:

Potatoboy
12-17-2001, 07:11 PM
No, Just a simple mistake.

It's www.dropzonepaintball.com

pharcyde
12-17-2001, 07:25 PM
can you buy the flexy part of the morph separately for the sheild version?

Potatoboy
12-17-2001, 07:27 PM
I'm about 99% positive that you can't. Even if you could the shield has hard plastic in the areas where the bouncy stuff would go. It would take some serious sawing to get it to work.

dorksquad55
12-18-2001, 07:53 AM
the lense isn't therml obviously, but the reason it doesn't fog is because the lense is thermo-cured. which means that the anti-fog chemical is already in the lense or something similar to that.

ken
dorksquad55@aol.com

Toxic Dave
12-18-2001, 09:02 AM
Any store that sells V-force products should have mirrored lenses, if they don't ask, and they should be able to get them.

dave/ toxic performance

mykroft
12-18-2001, 09:17 AM
Nope, they have an Anti-Fog coating on the inside. If you are brutal on you mask, it can start peeling off or wrinkle. This does take a lot of effort. The reason it's not Thermal is you can't make an optically correct Thermal lens, the dual lens design provides distortion, and is almost impossible to make with the compound curves inherent in the V-Forse lens design. The JT and Scott lenses are only curved around 1 axis, the V-Force lenses are curved around 2 axis' and a single point. So no optical distortion from the V-Force goggles.

HyperSnyper
12-18-2001, 11:16 AM
Are the V-Force Lens that much more "optically correct" then the JT and Scott lens? Just curious if theres a difference.

-Hyper

mykroft
12-18-2001, 11:27 AM
It's not "More Optically Correct". The JT and Scott lenses aren't optically correct, this induces minor distortion when you aren't looking straight ahead, and may affect peripheral vision. The V-Force lens is optically correct, and does not have the distortion. Scott does make optically correct lenses for other sports, I beleive they offer them for Skiing/Snowboarding, but not yet for paintball, they are more difficult to make, and you can't make thermal lenses that are optically correct without prohibitive cost.

Miscue
12-18-2001, 11:30 AM
I love em... It's like you're looking through a window.

Potatoboy
12-18-2001, 11:40 AM
They're an absolute godsend it you wear glasses.