PDA

View Full Version : Under Pressure (input PSI)

DoomWithAnXmag
04-03-2006, 08:48 PM
OK, dumb question time! I keep seeing talk about input pressure. My gun runs at 800psi blah blah my gun runs at 900psi blah blah. How do you tell? My X has no gauge cept the one on the tank. How do I know what its running on? Is it just whatever the reg on the tank is preset for?

cowboy_00
04-03-2006, 08:53 PM
the tank tells you. the output gauge on the tank is the input to your gun...or you can put a gauge on your gun with a T fitting usually.

if your running an AGD marker (anything but a classic) and you want a reactive trigger, put as high a pressure as your tank can go (if its adjustable) or until you feel its acceptable.

rb211
04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
There are a lot of drops with 2 air outlet holes. Use 1 for air to the gun and put a gauge in the other.

DoomWithAnXmag
04-04-2006, 10:30 PM
there is no output gauge on the tank just the one that tells you the inside pressure. And since Mags dont have a reg what would it matter knowing what the input pressure to the gun is since you cant do anything about it anyway unless you get a maxflow or dynaflow type tank? I use HPA tanks on the gun so I guess whatever the tank is regulated at is the input pressure. What is the out put pressure for LPA and HPA tanks?

rb211
04-04-2006, 10:44 PM
LP tanks generally output around 450 psi. HP tanks are generally 700 psi and up.

cowboy_00
04-05-2006, 04:54 AM
those are not the only adjustable Regs.

and with a AGD marker your want HPA...they will not usually cycle under 500-600psi input.

if your tank only has one gauge it means its a preset and if needed can "probably" be upgraded to HPA if it is LPA. though i reccomend going out and getting an Adjustable that goes up to at least 1200.

Flatline
Armogeddon
Apocolypse
Dynaflow

The Flatline is made for AGD markers and is usually the best bet. Good reg and easy to fix.
I dont have much experience with the others.

temilotzin
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
those are not the only adjustable Regs.

and with a AGD marker your want HPA...they will not usually cycle under 500-600psi input.

if your tank only has one gauge it means its a preset and if needed can "probably" be upgraded to HPA if it is LPA. though i reccomend going out and getting an Adjustable that goes up to at least 1200.

Flatline
Armogeddon
Apocolypse
Dynaflow

The Flatline is made for AGD markers and is usually the best bet. Good reg and easy to fix.
I dont have much experience with the others.

Only the Armogeddon will output 1200 psi, the others will only go up to 1000psi.

cowboy_00
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Flatline 4500 does 1200,
or at least my teammates all do. but god only knows what they have done.

DoomWithAnXmag
04-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I looked at every tank I could find and although some companys show pictures of adj reg tanks their sites have no mention of them (irritating) The AGD one only comes in 3000psi tanks (crap) and the site for the other one you guys suggested has a site that wont let me view it. I only care because I think my tank it set at 800 out put and Lorn is suggesting 1000 or more for higer rates of fire with his software. I have used to have an adjustable maxflow tank and then the newer style smaller one and then a Dynaflow tank and every one of them was a leaking distaster.

JRingold
04-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't like bounce and run-away with my Mechanical Mag??? I have my adjustables set as low as I can and still have the marker operate so I get more shots from a fill. Then again I'm running a ULE Trigger Kit.

flyingpootang
04-10-2006, 03:44 AM
I looked at every tank I could find and although some companys show pictures of adj reg tanks their sites have no mention of them (irritating) The AGD one only comes in 3000psi tanks (crap) and the site for the other one you guys suggested has a site that wont let me view it. I only care because I think my tank it set at 800 out put and Lorn is suggesting 1000 or more for higer rates of fire with his software. I have used to have an adjustable maxflow tank and then the newer style smaller one and then a Dynaflow tank and every one of them was a leaking distaster.

I also have an Xmag and I get plenty of bounce from my crossfire 68 4500 high pressure @850. The main reason why people with non electric RT's like to go 950 and up psi is to try and get more reactivity from their trigger (higher psi = more reactivity). If you hold your trigger at a certain point your marker will bounce like crazy, but on the other hand you wear your bolt and sear at a faster rate and is very dangerous to the person on the buisness end of your Xmag.

Chronobreak
04-10-2006, 09:31 AM
doomy, it may be the recharge rate of the tank that is the problem, not the psi its putting out

that would be my guess if your having any troubles with an 800+ tank

jenarelJAM
04-10-2006, 06:29 PM
I also have an Xmag and I get plenty of bounce from my crossfire 68 4500 high pressure @850. The main reason why people with non electric RT's like to go 950 and up psi is to try and get more reactivity from their trigger (higher psi = more reactivity). If you hold your trigger at a certain point your marker will bounce like crazy, but on the other hand you wear your bolt and sear at a faster rate and is very dangerous to the person on the buisness end of your Xmag.
As has been discussed in previous threads, shooting at higher presures and 'rapid-firing' will not wear down your sear any faster than just regular firing, other than that you are just shooting faster.

The flatline comes in a 3000 psi and a 4500 psi model. I'm not sure about the 3000 psi model, but the 4500 psi model can be adjusted to and slightly past 1200 psi output. The downside is that if you turn it too high, it starts venting from the adjustment hole, and you'll waste about half a tank of air before you can turn the pressure back down.(and it makes a really really loud whistle)

If you're looking for info about tank pressures and rapid-firing, go to http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/how-to-rapidfire.html

flyingpootang
04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
As has been discussed in previous threads, shooting at higher presures and 'rapid-firing' will not wear down your sear any faster than just regular firing, other than that you are just shooting faster.

The flatline comes in a 3000 psi and a 4500 psi model. I'm not sure about the 3000 psi model, but the 4500 psi model can be adjusted to and slightly past 1200 psi output. The downside is that if you turn it too high, it starts venting from the adjustment hole, and you'll waste about half a tank of air before you can turn the pressure back down.(and it makes a really really loud whistle)

If you're looking for info about tank pressures and rapid-firing, go to http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/how-to-rapidfire.html

I would have to diagree the faster the operational speed the more parts will wear. If you think of it its like driving your car at 100phs for a distance of 5 mile while the E brake on vs driving the same distance at 70 mph. The parts will wear more at the higher rate of speed because of the friction generated. Preformance will always wear parts faster.

geekwarrior
04-10-2006, 11:06 PM
sears are cheap...is bolt wear a problem? :rolleyes:

DoomWithAnXmag
04-11-2006, 09:14 PM
sears are cheap...is bolt wear a problem? :rolleyes:

SHouldnt be. Aside from pounding the bumper into oblivion and throwing foamies out the barrel like lil black popcorn it should be ok. There is no actual load on the surfaces of the bolt as it slides so as long as it is lubricated a bit and the reciprication speed is not beyond the ability of the lubricant to coushin no more wear would result.
Anyone ever try milling the valve or bolt to accept teflon flat rings to reduce friction and sliding resistance between the bolt and valve? How about milling the inside of the bolt and putting in a delron sleeve,

kornbread
04-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't like bounce and run-away with my Mechanical Mag??? I have my adjustables set as low as I can and still have the marker operate so I get more shots from a fill. Then again I'm running a ULE Trigger Kit.

How low do you go?

Z-man
04-14-2006, 01:23 AM
...but on the other hand you wear your bolt and sear at a faster rate...

Shooting 1000 rounds will wear down your components X amount.

Shooting 1000 rounds at 24bps wears them down as much as shooting 1000 rounds at 14 bps wears them down as fast as shooting 1000 rounds at 4 bps....

Simple rule. the more you shoot in the same amount of time, the faster you wear stuff down. it's not the speed it's the number of shots. total. 1000 rounds in a day vs 1000 rounds in 5 minutes same wear.

Rudz
04-14-2006, 01:40 AM
is there a diff between bumpers?? some guys saud the blue ones were better..im gonna be picking up a bunch of parts, cuz i kno the xmod is gonna do hell on my gun..i figure ill picki up a bunch of bumpers , foamies and maybe an extra sear..but let me tell you, 24 rof kicks ***, ive done it with paint, but the vids to huge to post, and i dunno how to edit it..i have the vid of my emag cycling at 24 in my thread in pb talk..no more 10 bps..zak did the sound check, 24 cps exactly...