PDA

View Full Version : classic mag questions

classicmag68
04-04-2006, 07:17 AM
im new to the automags and i have some really stupid questions.

how do you cock the automag

can i run co2

is there a step by step guide to installing the level 10 kit

Severe
04-04-2006, 08:22 AM
As with any forum, using the search button will generally get you answers quickly to the more common questions.

But since I'm taking the time to point that out, I'll go ahead and answer your questions...

1. Air the marker up, it doesn't require cocking in the traditional sense.
2. Yes, although I would recommend a Palmers Stabilizer at best and an expansion chamber at the very least.
3. Yes, they are included with the Level 10 kit. Look at the stickies if here in the Tech Forum for additional information.

Aslan
04-04-2006, 09:33 AM
1. When you air it up, you fill hear it air up and the trigger will be come stiff. It is now ready to shoot and will recock itself so long as you have an adequate air supply.

2. If you use CO2, you will minimally need an expansion chamber, especially if you play in cold weather oaccasionally. Usually, running a remote set-up through an expansion chamber will work fine. If you upgrade the valve (X-Valve), you cannot use CO2.

I disagree with Severe about the Palmers. While I think Palmers are great for blowbacks, probably the best available, they are not only overkill for converting CO2 liquid to gas, but also could choke the air flow if set below 800psi. The Mag does not need a second regulator (there already is one in the valve). You can get the effect you're looking for for half the price by just getting a 6-stage expansion chamber.

3. There are step by step instructions or links to instructions in the Tech section of this site as well as on the AGD webpage. There might also be something on warpig.com and pbreview.com.