PDA

View Full Version : Automag RT troubles

K-BAN
04-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Well upon starting this thread my last resort was to change 2 orings - the top o-ring on the Banjo bolt and the On/Off seat o-ring. Now my gun it shooting perfect. What was happening before was the trigger would go full-auto when held completely down. Sometimes a slight leak out the back would occur at the same time. This happened once last year but definately not as drastic. I then changed a few orings and it worked. If this happens again tho, what should I do. I pretty much understand how everything works and what to do to fix it but this really had me boggled. All thoughts of wisdom appreciated, thanks 8)

also the only replacement oring I dont have is the inner On/Off one - which I thought was the problem.

athomas
04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
the small inner top on-off oring is the one that could cause full auto problems. It is also one of the most vulnerable orings in the gun because it has contact with a moving pin every time you fire the gun. They last a long time and generally only act up when a piece of dirt gets in.

The other oring that could cause problems (again usually dirt) is the regulator seat oring. This one can cause velocity spikes and vent out the back. I suppose this could contribute to full auto by maintaining the input pressure available at the on-off pin longer which could result in a more reactive trigger.

If you have problems in the future, the best thing to do is give the valve a good cleaning. You probably won't even have to change the orings. Just use a bit of proper lubricant when reassembling.