PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Nubbins

Russ
12-17-2001, 06:04 PM
I got my SuperBolt (WooHoo! :D ) in today along with a package of plastic nubbins. It's sad the way the "nub" on the backside of each nubbin is just (hack!) ground down on a belt sander! There is quite a bit of variation between nubbins as to how much material is actually removed. Some are ground very crooked as well.

Tom, I hope you modify the cavities in the mold, in due time. (Weld 'em up, and re-EDM them to have a nice, consistent flat)

steveg
12-17-2001, 06:58 PM
mold maker by chance ?

kilaueakid
12-17-2001, 07:12 PM
Hey Russ,
Looks like the belt sander is used more than we think!! haha :D j/k
kila

AGD
12-17-2001, 07:21 PM
New ones on the way, you didn't like the custom ones?

AGD

Steven
12-17-2001, 07:29 PM
Tom, I have to agree that the nubbin is fine until you see the back side where the nub is extremely poor (uneven and irregular from the others but they all stick up beyond the barrel's crevice) and exactly as explained. So bad that when I put my barrel in to my gun it was jammed and took an extrme amount of effort to get it out. I took the liberty of just hand sanding mine down. I have not trid them again since but I would definatly take another look at the production runs tolerances.

Russ
12-17-2001, 08:12 PM
A Moldmaker? Yes I am.

I'd rather see them not "customized" at all, because they still had to be trimmed to fit my individual barrels.

kilaueakid, at least they're not belt sanding the bolt faces! :)

steveg
12-17-2001, 08:26 PM
So Russ any guess on the plastic used ?
Spent 2 weeks at the bridgeport factory a few
years back for training. lovely countryside
around there.