PDA

View Full Version : Automag RT Pro

geeze
04-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Have a beauty Automag Rt Pro but the field strip screw keeps loosening. I have replaced to "O" rings to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - Geeze

ThePixelGuru
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Wrap some teflon tape around the screw before you put it in. It'll be a little annoying when you take it off and have to re-wrap it, but it won't keep coming out. Some screws just don't stay in - the bottomline on my old tippy would get really loose during games. Tighten it on there real good before a game and by the end it's wiggling all over.

geeze
04-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I appreciate your reply however I never use tef-tape as fibers or strands can end up where you don't want them (valves, regs, bolts, etc.) I am an engineer for the medical community and am looking to see if this problem is common or if anyone else has a quick fix.

Cow hunter
04-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Have a beauty Automag Rt Pro but the field strip screw keeps loosening. I have replaced to "O" rings to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - Geeze
RT pro field strip screw doesnt have O-rings, might it be a classic RT?

shades
04-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Buy a new screw. or blue loctite it. or put a small oring in the bottom of the tap hole. the compressed ring will give you thread ficton that is if you can scew the bolt far enough in.

geeze
04-07-2006, 05:18 AM
Yes, it is a Mag Classic, my error, no scooby snacks for me. I'll try the blue-goo. Thanks for the assist. Gun is for sale ref: b/s/t section this forum and yes it is OBO as well. Thanks again

GoblinGreen
04-07-2006, 06:51 AM
I had the same issue with my Classic RT. I wouldn't use Loctite though.
When the bolt comes loose the marker will not cycle properly, the back thumb screw feels tight in there until you turn the air off. Then its loose as hell, obviously the air travels through that screw on the classic RT.
I use plumbers tape on mine on the top of the screw threads only. Works for me. That Blue Loctite will make a mess. my 2 cents.

geeze
04-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks all. I'll try the mil spec plumbers tape. If it doesn't work then my
devious plans are to install a small lock screw in the head of the field strip
screw and bind it into a detent in the frame. a 4-40 should do the trick.

Again thanks to all..... happy hunting!