PDA

View Full Version : What happened to mcarterbrown?

bunkerhugger
04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Haven't been able to get on it for days.

Pntball1866
04-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Me too, Im lost without it... No but does anyone know whats up with it?

Duzzy
04-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I was told that they're switching servers. That and a lot of places have been hacked recently so that might be part of it.

geekwarrior
04-06-2006, 06:15 PM
what is it? :confused:

Munnin
04-06-2006, 06:33 PM
the sight got hacked, along with punisher customs, POG, vintagerex and some others, all aparently were being used by someone to launch DOS attacks or something. MCB should be redirecting to paintballcity or something like that

bunkerhugger
04-06-2006, 07:06 PM
the sight got hacked, along with punisher customs, POG, vintagerex and some others, all aparently were being used by someone to launch DOS attacks or something. MCB should be redirecting to paintballcity or something like that

Dude, they made it a zombie host? That sucks. Hope it comes up soon, I hate trolling ebay myself.

mcarterbrown.com is a site for old guns and gun collectors. Can always relive the old days with a quick visit to their gun museum.

Munnin
04-06-2006, 07:10 PM
mcarterbrown.com is a site for old guns and gun collectors. Can always relive the old days with a quick visit to their gun museum.

no you cant, vintagerex (the museum) was hacked also :cry:

etjoyride
04-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Actually, there has bene a huge thread on SCP aobut it. They are switching servers right now, but are running into some difficulties i believe. go here for all of the info http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball/index.php?showtopic=13587

JOESPUD27
04-06-2006, 07:38 PM
For now, MCB members are flocking to www.paintballcity.org PaintHappy made this site also. MCB is having some problems, but PBC is your MCB away from MCB...

Jay

Munnin
04-06-2006, 09:05 PM
for the sake of being hugely bored....

MBC r0x0rz :headbang:

shartley
04-07-2006, 06:33 AM
It is amazing the rumors that come up. LOL

Dryden
04-07-2006, 07:14 AM
the sight got hacked, along with punisher customs, POG, vintagerex and some others, all aparently were being used by someone to launch DOS attacks or something. MCB should be redirecting to paintballcity or something like thatmcarterbrown.com and vintagerex are moving. They were having issues with people not being able to access their site from DNS routing issues and service provider problems. This was an announced move, there was even a blurb on their home page about it.

airsoldier.com, haveblue.org, and punishers-customs.com were hacked.

These were unrelated to one another, they just happened to occur on the same day.

shartley
04-07-2006, 07:51 AM
mcarterbrown.com and vintagerex are moving. They were having issues with people not being able to access their site from DNS routing issues and service provider problems. This was an announced move, there was even a blurb on their home page about it.

airsoldier.com, haveblue.org, and punishers-customs.com were hacked.

These were unrelated to one another, they just happened to occur on the same day.
Quite true.... but the MCB issue is more than just being moved. There were some server issues aside from that. The story is posted by Carter on http://www.paintballcity.org .

syl58
04-07-2006, 09:04 AM
http://pgpog.org/

the explanation from the pgp owners group

16:14 6APR06 - Latest word is that the old drive won't arrive until tomorrow. Blargh. Maybe I should just jump to OScommerce for a shopping cart now...

20:57 5APR06 - Okay, I can respond to email now. Will be calling Punisher shortly to get him set up with email (after Lost is over - someone (*cough*Kristin*cough*) can't be interrupted during an episode of Lost)...

18:29 5APR06 - Email for haveblue@airsoldier.com and punisher@punishers-customs.com is back up. Well, kinda - email is being received and stored, but I'm now trying to figure out how the heck to access it. I don't know if beer assists in troubleshooting server configuration issues, but you'd better believe I'm applying it heavily at this moment...

16:40 5APR06 - Our dedicated server provider shut down the server's network connection this morning, as the machine was apparently compromised and was being used as a launchpad for attacks on other servers. They couldn't restore access to the server, as it would start spewing attacks as soon as it was reconnected. Only solution was to yank the drive, put in a new one and start anew (while they send me the old drive to do a postmortem on and recover data from). Long story short, airsoldier.com, punishers-customs.com and a few other sites I host will be down for the time being. Since you're reading this, I at least have barebones HTTP back up. Next step is to get email running again, and then we'll see what else needs fixing. Bear with me, as I'm in for a long weekend. Anybody who has ordered something off my site (airsoldier.com), your orders have not been lost - I entered all pending orders into Quickbooks before the machine went down. *sigh*

shartley
04-07-2006, 12:39 PM
http://pgpog.org/

the explanation from the pgp owners group

16:14 6APR06 - Latest word is that the old drive won't arrive until tomorrow. Blargh. Maybe I should just jump to OScommerce for a shopping cart now...

20:57 5APR06 - Okay, I can respond to email now. Will be calling Punisher shortly to get him set up with email (after Lost is over - someone (*cough*Kristin*cough*) can't be interrupted during an episode of Lost)...

18:29 5APR06 - Email for haveblue@airsoldier.com and punisher@punishers-customs.com is back up. Well, kinda - email is being received and stored, but I'm now trying to figure out how the heck to access it. I don't know if beer assists in troubleshooting server configuration issues, but you'd better believe I'm applying it heavily at this moment...

16:40 5APR06 - Our dedicated server provider shut down the server's network connection this morning, as the machine was apparently compromised and was being used as a launchpad for attacks on other servers. They couldn't restore access to the server, as it would start spewing attacks as soon as it was reconnected. Only solution was to yank the drive, put in a new one and start anew (while they send me the old drive to do a postmortem on and recover data from). Long story short, airsoldier.com, punishers-customs.com and a few other sites I host will be down for the time being. Since you're reading this, I at least have barebones HTTP back up. Next step is to get email running again, and then we'll see what else needs fixing. Bear with me, as I'm in for a long weekend. Anybody who has ordered something off my site (airsoldier.com), your orders have not been lost - I entered all pending orders into Quickbooks before the machine went down. *sigh*
NOTE: This is NOT for mcarterbrown.com which was the actual topic of the thread. ;)