PDA

View Full Version : Why does AO have an Angel owners forum?

punkncat
04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Nowdays that forum is all but dead, but how did AO come by an Angel forum? What transpired to make this neccesary and what makes it continue?

I am not flaming...I own an Angel.....just curious.

Munnin
04-06-2006, 09:57 PM
donno personaly... my therory is that it came about with the RPG Chimera grip frames... for the soul purpose of having mag owners ask where to buy new grip pannels :ninja:

Mescalito
04-06-2006, 10:00 PM
lol

dahoeb
04-06-2006, 10:00 PM
i dunno, its been around for years.
maybe they thought it'd be a good idea back when angels were first coming out cause a lot of mag owners also owned angels.....? i really don't have a clue. hmmm

but i've also pondered the same question, punkcat.

personman
04-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I forget the exact reason but I think it was something to do with Tom Kaye being good friends with Bob "TheAngelGuy" and so they integrated the TAG forums with AO... I'm sure if you did a SEARCH some good info would come up :)

personman
04-06-2006, 10:10 PM
I was wrong. I didnt even have to search to find the info. You just go to the last page of the Angel fourm and this post is right there:
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31895

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
04-07-2006, 04:22 AM
I surprised other owner group based forums don't start (Not every Marker group). I kind of understand from another aspect that WDP is a UK based company that wouldn't mind if a US company helped is it's US customers. But I'm still fond on Tippmann's just for a fact that I like playing with new people that have no experince in paintball, which is the reason I always lone them a Tippmann (still the only Marker I've seen people beat against a tree and only have a minor scratch).... But then again I really wouldn't want this place to turn into a PBnation forum not singling them out but they seemed to have a problem of flaming over there a bit ago.

Army
04-07-2006, 10:23 PM
I surprised other owner group based forums don't start (Not every Marker group). I kind of understand from another aspect that WDP is a UK based company that wouldn't mind if a US company helped is it's US customers. But I'm still fond on Tippmann's just for a fact that I like playing with new people that have no experince in paintball, which is the reason I always lone them a Tippmann (still the only Marker I've seen people beat against a tree and only have a minor scratch).... But then again I really wouldn't want this place to turn into a PBnation forum not singling them out but they seemed to have a problem of flaming over there a bit ago.
It is not a WPD forum. It is a "The Angel Guy" forum.

We like Bob, we let Bob operate his own forum.....no, you cannot have your own forum.

Rudz
04-08-2006, 12:10 AM
It is not a WPD forum. It is a "The Angel Guy" forum.

We like Bob, we let Bob operate his own forum.....no, you cannot have your own forum.

you kno someones gonna ask for there own forum..loll

SpecialBlend2786
04-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I remember Tom mentioning this in an interview with APG a few years ago. He said something about Angel and Automag users being similar in the fact that they don't upgrade much, they just go out and play. Something like that at least :confused:

Of course, much has changed since then.