PDA

View Full Version : DmC

RoamingStorm
04-07-2006, 01:27 PM
What ever happened to these? IMO they are the most attractive looking Matrix's but they never seemed to really take off. Does anyone have one of these? What do you think of it? Why do you think they never really made it?

-RS

Lohman446
04-07-2006, 01:35 PM
What ever happened to these? IMO they are the most attractive looking Matrix's but they never seemed to really take off. Does anyone have one of these? What do you think of it? Why do you think they never really made it?

-RS

They were sandwiched between the DM5 and DM6, a test at midseason release (I assume there was a reason), and priced kinda high. Never really got hyped like most Dye products. They used a different board from what I understand (though I very much could be wrong here). Too many things went against them...

magman007
04-07-2006, 01:37 PM
i had one, and it was a great gun. the reason they never took off was the fact that it offered no performance benefit over the dm5, and was only an oz. lighter. Also, it isnt very customizable, cannot be re annodized. I loved mine, and if you like the looks, go for it, but if you want performance, well then spend the money on the dm6. I <3 mine :)

magman007
04-07-2006, 01:38 PM
They were sandwiched between the DM5 and DM6, a test at midseason release (I assume there was a reason), and priced kinda high. Never really got hyped like most Dye products. They used a different board from what I understand (though I very much could be wrong here). Too many things went against them...

same board, the chip just came with psp ramping standard.

Lohman446
04-07-2006, 01:39 PM
i had one, and it was a great gun. the reason they never took off was the fact that it offered no performance benefit over the dm5, and was only an oz. lighter. Also, it isnt very customizable, cannot be re annodized. I loved mine, and if you like the looks, go for it, but if you want performance, well then spend the money on the dm6. I <3 mine :)

Hate to tell you this but Dave could pee in a cup and I think you would call it the worlds greatest energy drink :)

/Figured I'd get corrected quickly if I had anything wrong about it :)

RoamingStorm
04-07-2006, 01:45 PM
useful posts: 6 :rolleyes:

thanks guys who posted

RRfireblade
04-07-2006, 01:47 PM
What ever happened to these? IMO they are the most attractive looking Matrix's but they never seemed to really take off.

Does anyone have one of these?

What do you think of it?

Why do you think they never really made it?

-RS

There out there , it WAS a limited production marker and limited in production it was.

Had one for a day , got a rediculous offer for it so now I have 2 DM5s instead. :)

Same as every other DM5.

High cost , no gain....Few color options w/ no possiblity of change...Association to 'other' plastic markers prolly didn't help either. :D

RoamingStorm
04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
people keep saying they are expensive, they are 995 on action village, is that still alot for them?

Jackel411
04-07-2006, 01:51 PM
The DMC wasnt a limited run gun.. They still make them and there cheap to boot, the store I work for is selling them at around 920. They also have other colors now.. Red , silver , blue , yellow , olive , and pewter I think.

The funny part is there actually heavier than a stock PM5

RRfireblade
04-07-2006, 02:07 PM
The DMC wasnt a limited run gun.. They still make them and there cheap to boot, the store I work for is selling them at around 920. They also have other colors now.. Red , silver , blue , yellow , olive , and pewter I think.

The funny part is there actually heavier than a stock PM5

Sure they were , less than 10% of all DM's produced in '05 were DMC....I'd call that limited. They were run on a significantly smaller scale.

And they were always available in those colors....when in stock. ;)

And available DM5s are retailing for $899 at many places currently.

magman007
04-07-2006, 05:56 PM
not quite :) they werent available in pink, olive or yellow until World Cup, where no one really cared, since the dm6 was out

RRfireblade
04-07-2006, 08:07 PM
He didn't say pink. :)

Only one I don't recall way back was olive so that's probably true tho.

Lohman446
04-07-2006, 08:14 PM
He didn't say pink. :)

Only one I don't recall way back was olive so that's probably true tho.

When Magman says something about Dye I don't question it. I would be scared to see his room but I am betting it looks like a stalkers with all sorts of posters and articles about Dye.

RRfireblade
04-07-2006, 08:21 PM
I said he's probably right about the olive. :)

And that Jackel never mentioned Pink so I wasn't arguing that either. ;)

I've been a Dye dealer for like ever so I'm pretty aware of what they sell too. :ninja:

Lohman446
04-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I said he's probably right about the olive. :)

And that Jackel never mentioned Pink so I wasn't arguing that either. ;)

I've been a Dye dealer for like ever so I'm pretty aware of what they sell too. :ninja:

I don't see you as stalker material though :). Him I worry about.

/Fully respect your knowledge as well, just see it as "sane" knowledge

magman007
04-08-2006, 05:40 PM
so im insane about dye? well start asking agd questions that havnt been asked millions of times before, and i bet i know the answers to most of them. Really where i got most of my gun knowledge has been from tech classes, and rooming with MO.com's Hawk at IAO.

Product knowledge... well being in retail, i retain alot of product knowledge about the products i sell, and since i like dye and what they produce, and seeing as they give me stuff i know the product line :)

punkncat
04-09-2006, 09:56 AM
and rooming with MO.com's Hawk at IAO.

This Hawk that you speak of....medium height, brown hair...been a Matrix beta tester since back in the Diablo days?

Pballwizz
04-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Hate to tell you this but Dave could pee in a cup and I think you would call it the worlds greatest energy drink :)

/Figured I'd get corrected quickly if I had anything wrong about it :)

Actually, they did that with Chuck Norris's urine. It is henceforth known as Red Bull Energy Drink :)

To make this post legit, Ive heard mixed opinions. A tech at my field says they tried to Revamp a DM5 but it just wasnt good. Where others have been telling me to get one for a while. So I say talk to you local gun tech about it, someone who will be honest and has shot em.

magman007
04-09-2006, 08:54 PM
This Hawk that you speak of....medium height, brown hair...been a Matrix beta tester since back in the Diablo days?

He is a little tall, id say like, 6'1 or 6'2, and has been shooting a trix for a long time... last name Pettingil...

and Pball Wiz, read the thread, ive pretty much answered all the questions. Grab up a dmc if it suits your fancy, and you like the styling. If you want performance, go used dm5, or pm6

FSU_Paintball
04-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Good gun, but too expensive for what it is. It's a DM5 with fancy rubber/plastic.

I'd either save money and get a proto or DM5, or go all the way and get a DM6. No sense spending lots of money for a gun that's not any better than the DM5.