PDA

View Full Version : DVD Recorders!

teufelhunden
04-07-2006, 04:51 PM
So, I'm in the market for a DVD recorder [deck, not drive] and really don't know where to start. I know what features I'm interested in, but not who makes a good machine. My general constraints are: timer recording [duh ;)], at least one set of composite inputs, S-Video output, +/- compatability. Dual layered recording would be nice, but something I can live without. Price range is up to $170. In my looking, I've come across a few, but this one caught my eye: http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=RDRGX315
They turn up between 175-225 online and have a $50 rebate on them, so it seems like it fits most of my requirements, but I'm not sure on Sony's reliability these days, and such.

Since AO knows everything else, I figured you could lend a hand :)

magman007
04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
samsung and toshiba both make awesome recorders...check em out as well.

Vex
04-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Sony's reliability is still top-notch.

teufelhunden
04-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Sony's reliability is still top-notch.

Wonderful; I went ahead and bought the deck I mentioned above for $200 pre-rebate [the sites that had it cheaper didn't have any reviews on froogle, and I wasn't up for taking a chance] as it seemed like what it offered was leaps and bounds ahead of other offerings within the price range and even just above. It seems very future-proof next to the other decks, being able to record on -R, -RW, +R, +RW, RAM, and dual layer discs, plus it has the physical interfaces I was looking for.

:clap: :clap: