PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tank Specs

RiTZ509
04-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Ok, I did a search lookin for anything about fiber wrapped HPA tanks and the DOT and TC that appears on the side.

What is the importance of these? Is there an issue with some of the tanks that was addressed by the DOT and TC? My assumption to this point is that the DOT enforced some kind of regulation on HPA tanks and their safety testing and ratings.

If I were lookin to purchase a fiber wrapped HPA tank, what should I be lookin for?

Anything will help here.

Thanks guys!!

Tunaman
04-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Basically, tanks is tanks. There are only a handful of manufacturers in the US and they all make roughly the same product. Some are a little lighter than others. Concentrate on getting a fast recharging regulator...

Def Jeff
04-08-2006, 09:54 AM
As far as I know there are just licenses. DOT = Department of Transportation [US] and TC = Transport Canada.

Each company who makes these tanks needs a license from the government in order to ship them around.

As for what to look for Tuna is right. On top of that look at when the tank needs to be re-certified. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, any tank made or retested after 2003 has a 5 year recertification period. So if a tank has a date of 04/04 on it, its good until April of of 2009.

wolfspawn
04-10-2006, 08:11 PM
to be used in the states a tank MUST have a dot on it
and to be used in canada it must have a TC on it...

steel tanks are hydro every 5 yrs till they fail but they are heavy.
fiber wrapped are hydro every 3 yrs for three times or something like that but there are some execptions.

for your gun a 68 steel would do all right as long as you dont mind a little weight, as you use a mag that should not be a big deal and its like half the price of a fiber or a third.

RiTZ509
04-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I currently have a 48/3000 tank, but I am thinking that I might want to upgrade to a larger tank size. And maybe go with a 4500 psi tank. I am not too concerned about the price, as I am not in a hurry I have time to look around for a good steal. hehe, yes I said steal. :cool:

My main concern was that I might find a "good" deal, and the tank be FUBAR'ed. But now I think I have a little better understanding. Thanks guys!