PDA

View Full Version : jt Flex 8

Vex
04-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Does anyone have the new Flex 8 goggles? I just got some and I must say that they are pretty nice. I don't care for the chin strap (cut it off) and I'm a little disappointed that the mask is one piece--I like the fact that I could change the ear pieces on my original Spectra.
Overall, the mask is more streamlined, it's flexible without feeling cheap, and it still has that great Spectra look.

What do you think?

IcantBelieveit
04-10-2006, 06:16 AM
it looks to be a bit bigger then the Flex 7

Vex
04-10-2006, 06:52 AM
I don't know about the Flex 7s as I've only had my original Spectras and Whipper Snappers. However, it's a lot more streamlined than the regular Spectra goggle system.

noodles
04-10-2006, 07:03 AM
I myself have 7's a friend recently purchased the 8's.

Main differences are that the mask is one piece whch makes it a bit more fiddly to take apart.
It's a harder faceplate which fans of the bounce of the flex7's will perhaps not like.
There is less jawline coverage than the 7's which will leave the jaw bone exposed to side on shots.

They are nice looking googles but as a personal preference I would choose the 7's.

MisterBones25
04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
i was in need of a new mask so i picked up the flex 8. i should have went with a proflex. they are much smaller than a flex 7 but the hard plastic pressing on your ear starts to get iratating after a while. the lense is the same spectra lense wich is nice. the name "flex" 8 is very misleading, i bought mine off the internet because the nearest proshop is an hour away and when i pulled them out of the box i found that they were just as "flexy" as a spectra, not a flex 7. they look good and they do what they are suposed to, but i suggest a proflex, over the flex 8. you should look into the profiler and the vents too, i hear lots of good about both.