PDA

View Full Version : automag 68 leak

lastmanstanding
04-10-2006, 10:52 AM
hey i bought my 68 automag a while ago, and well just recently i have aired it up. i bought it used. as soon as the air went through it leaked terribly. i am not all to familiar with the design and operations of an automag. it is leaking i believe from the back adjuster(velocity adjuster?) i checked inside of it and i didn't see anything that would lead me to suspect anything wrong, though is comming somewhere from the stock bolt, please, any help is greatly appreciated.

bit-wizard
04-10-2006, 11:24 AM
2 possibilities for you to try:

1) Shoot 5 drops of oil through the ASA for about 10 shots and then repeat the process a few times. See if this fixes your leak.

2) Replace the powertube o-ring.

bit-wizard

ghost flanker
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Is the leak coming out the back of the regulator (velocity adjuster) or the bolt?

If it's the regulator, it may either need a new regulator seat or the velocity is just turned up way too high.

If it's the bolt, then yeah... what bitwizard said.

lastmanstanding
04-12-2006, 12:12 PM
i did that, thanks for your help, though now it is leaking constantly through the bolt inside, and also won't recock. any advice?

lastmanstanding
04-13-2006, 10:57 AM
please, advice is greatly appreciated.

athomas
04-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Try holding the trigger in. If the leak stops, you know the problem is in the powertube (front of the gun).

It sounds like you are getting bolt stick. Try replacing the bolt spring first. Then, if it still occurs, use a longer powertube spacer.

lastmanstanding
04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
thank you very much

paintman1142
04-13-2006, 11:07 PM
if that doesnt work you may have to replace the Regulator Valve Pin and Spring, that same thing happened to me, sometimes if you change the velocity by like 10-15fps that will stop it too. also your tank may be over pressurizing the valve making it vent out the back.

athomas
04-14-2006, 06:31 AM
if that doesnt work you may have to replace the Regulator Valve Pin and Spring, that same thing happened to me, sometimes if you change the velocity by like 10-15fps that will stop it too. also your tank may be over pressurizing the valve making it vent out the back.

The AGD valve can handle 3000 psi input, so no tank should be able to over pressurize the valve. Problems occuring due to a faulty regulator valve pin are very rare. Venting out the back adjuster is usually a bad regulator seat oring or a piece of dirt on the regulator seat oring.

A source of venting out the back side hole would be a bad regulator piston assembly oring. Venting into the grip frame is usually the large outer bottom on-off oring or the small inner bottom on-off oring.