PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturing in Paintball

garto
04-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey Everyone,

Well heres my situation, I'm in college and I need to write a report for Manufacturing in an Industry. I've choosen paintball since I remembered that there was an engineering article written on Dye on here some time ago. Now I need more information about more companies and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the information. Mainly I'm looking for engineering facts, for example, it takes 45 hours to machine a body for the x-mag on one machine and they do this to ensure quality. Also I would need say 500 x-mags were sold to the public and produced each at a cost of $1,500. Information like that is all I really need to be able to deduce manufacturing practices. Also I know the information above is innaccurate to say the least. I will find those numbers on here soon enough.

Anyways back to my question, where would this information be found, does anyone know of any companies who hold this information or if there are any references in which I could look. I'm just looking for guidence in my search and I figured AO would be the place to ask. Even information about business practices is useful (lawsuits, markets, company image).

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. I've just began research but I will be visiting the sites of many paintball companies and finding whatever information I can even if its just their mission statements. Thanks again.

RapidTransit
04-11-2006, 10:29 AM
www.haascnc.com has the Article you're refering to in their magazine :cheers:

garto
04-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks!