PDA

View Full Version : Best route for more bps on a mag?

phienomenal
04-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I've researched this topic a lot and I can't seem to figure out which route would be the best. I think it probably comes down to prefrence but I'd at least want the pros to chime in, since i'm still a noob. For the record I have a tac-one ( r/t mag). And i figured these are the choices i have so if anyone has anything other paths please tell me.

Mech route:
-ULT trigger
makes trigger lighter so therefore walkable
-Pnuemag
good: not sure how many bps? I'm guessing one would know everything about the trigger since you make it yourself
bad: you have to make it yourself

Electro Route:
- E-mag lowers
good: made for mags specifically, and been told its capable of 15-17bps? and seen up to 20+?
bad: has a battery and charger have to upgrade software?
- Hyperframe
good: has a lot of diffrent modes semi,burst,and hyper
bad: stoped making it so hard to find...

So if anyone has anything else to add please tell me i'm not sure i have everything correct but yeah I was thinking about getting a hyper frame cause it seems real easy versus a e-mag lowers. I have friends who have shockers so i'd at least want to hang with them.

Dayspring
04-11-2006, 11:18 AM
ULT is lighter, but the pull isn't any shorter, so "walking" the trigger is debatable.

VFX_Fenix
04-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Despite some poppular belief, it has never been my experience that a ULT can be setup such that it can be walkable, unless your fingers can drum hard enough to move 14 oz. in which case you have far stronger fingers than I.

P-Frames are possible, WGP's air assisted trigger is something that I know someone here will be attempting to port over to Mag use and from the videos of these things, seems like how ever fast you can pull the trigger it'll shoot that with a super walkable pull to boot.

E-Mag lowers will work no matter what your game is, worst case scenario you get stuck with AGD 1.37 which will limit your Max ROF to 16bps. Flashing will cost around $20+S&H to Tunaman

Hyperframe, they're around hunt long enough and you'll find one.

Ultimately how much do you want to spend and how quickly do you want it are the questions you'll need to deal with. The E-Mag/Hyperframe will be your best options I believe as they're here, now, and don't require mods to make work. You will however need to make sure the Hyperframe On/Off comes with the frame since the stock RT On/Off won't work, I believe a ULT is an acceptable stand in.

phienomenal
04-11-2006, 11:40 AM
to me it basically comes down to can I hang with my friends shocker and later down the road is it upgradeable. I think hyperframe is the cheapest route and best route for me. WGP's air assisted trigger sounds like something i might be really intrested in. I would also like to know about the logic paintball triggers and devil mags? I see a couple of hyperframes floating around in the forsale section and i think thats what i'm going to get. Are there any drawbacks to the hyperframe? I would like to know all the options that are possible.

geekwarrior
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
as far as hyperframes go, there have been a lot of them on sale on ebay lately...not sure about currently, but they are on there quite abit

bleachit
04-11-2006, 11:58 AM
There is also the modded spyder/clone frame. luke will do them or if you want you can mod the frame yourself.

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0024.htm

craltal
04-11-2006, 12:21 PM
There is also the modded spyder/clone frame. luke will do them or if you want you can mod the frame yourself.

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0024.htm

this would probably be the cheapest route for you. remember also that a higher input pressure will give your r/t a chance to kick in.

Z-man
04-11-2006, 01:38 PM
this would probably be the cheapest route for you. remember also that a higher input pressure will give your r/t a chance to kick in.

eh heh heh heh heh...

How to Rapid-Fire (http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/rf_disclaimer.html)

Here is the demo video I made. This is what rapid-fire is like: Rapid-Fire Demo (http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/23bps_rapidfire.mov)

Arstron
04-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Also if you are going to go with just a ULT, id recomend lukes sear job and adding some trigger stops. My zgriped mag will be getting this treatment pretty soon. :D

VFX_Fenix
04-11-2006, 10:38 PM
If you do go the Hyperframe route, you can replace the stock Hyperframe board with a T-Board (as I understand it) or a Predator Morlok board for that bit of extra tweakability.

Again, make sure you get the On/Off that the Hyperframe's supposed to come with or have a ULT handy.

Anyone know if you can do a Spyder/Mag conversion on the Spyder AMG frame?

Dryden
04-12-2006, 07:46 AM
I'd suggest getting the ULT right off the bat and giving it a try, and possibly add lukes sear mod as well. If they work as you expect them too, great, you're done. If they don't and you decide to pursue the Hyperframe, then you've already got the ULT tuned and installed, and you'll be tossing half the sear anyway. You can find Hyperframes on eBay and in the AO Classifieds for ~ $150, they're not nearly as scarce as they've been made out to be, nor should you pay the rediculous price some people are asking for on them.

The Hyperframe was originally built to go on an AM/MM rail however, so you would (I presume) want one that already has the dovetail wings milled off to fit the flat RT style rail.

Also, not all Hyperframes have all the modes. The 13bps boarded ones (the originals) should include everything (semi auto, full auto, 3 round burst, hyper) but there are also some 20bps boarded frames floating around that are strictly full auto or semi auto all the time.