PDA

View Full Version : Health Hazard - Milk?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-11-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm watching all of these videos and reading papers about how corperations function and how bad some of them are. In a small section of the video "The Corperation" I saw a one sided view of how milk is basically bad. Milk can cause many types of cancers, heart complications, weakened bones, and many more problems. I think decided to be lazy and google the topic and i found a rather unprofesionnal site (www.MilkSucks.com) but they had some pretty convincing arguements as well as links to many other sources (i went to the chicago tribune link and their article supported some of the website's claims that milk is in fact bad).

So, now that i've heard all of the downsides of milk. Is there anyone here that can educate me more on this topic? I've been drinking milk for quite some time and now i hear this.

and one more thing. The website compares a cup of milk to a cup of beer and shows that beer is better than milk... i feel like there is some information missing because i grew up being told that beer is bad.

Lohman446
04-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm watching all of these videos and reading papers about how corperations function and how bad some of them are. In a small section of the video "The Corperation" I saw a one sided view of how milk is basically bad. Milk can cause many types of cancers, heart complications, weakened bones, and many more problems. I think decided to be lazy and google the topic and i found a rather unprofesionnal site (www.MilkSucks.com) but they had some pretty convincing arguements as well as links to many other sources (i went to the chicago tribune link and their article supported some of the website's claims that milk is in fact bad).

So, now that i've heard all of the downsides of milk. Is there anyone here that can educate me more on this topic? I've been drinking milk for quite some time and now i hear this.

and one more thing. The website compares a cup of milk to a cup of beer and shows that beer is better than milk... i feel like there is some information missing because i grew up being told that beer is bad.

Extremely one sided. It ignores the positive health benefits of milk and concentrates on the possibly negative ones.

A) Milk is pasteurized, so this idea of diseases in it, well is greatly overblown
B) They never consider the vitamins and nutrients such as Calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin C found in milk today

PETA.. its PETA, or even worse. They start trying to prove a point and never consider for a moment the other side. They only mention health in passing because even if drinking a glass of milk everyday made you live to 100 it would not support there agenda.

personman
04-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Cmon. It's PETA. Give me a break.

Lohman446
04-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Reading that one could argue the same way Peta does.

FOOD contains calories, and such can make you fat. You should never ever eat food.

RapidTransit
04-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Or the Enviromental Elves, e gad those guys are extremists, they burn down places :wow:

Also theres a place where the average life expectancy is highest, their diet is heavy in pork. I also love those don't eat meat because its bad for the animals arguments (have nothing against not eating meat for any other reason) if it wern't for todays supplements those people would be dead from the lack of key B vitamins :rofl:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-11-2006, 06:15 PM
milksucks.com is run by peta? well that explains EVERYTHING

Jackel411
04-11-2006, 06:16 PM
If your a lac-tard like me... yes it is! Hell I had a milk shake one day ( I was feeling suicidal and death by yum-yums seemed good ) and I spent an hour in the bath room pay for it.

gimp
04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I'll start drinking beer instead of milk because the internet told me to. Awesome.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-11-2006, 10:05 PM
would be great if it were true

Huskie_American
04-11-2006, 11:43 PM
There are some really dumb threads in the Friendly Corner...

but i dont mind :dance:

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 01:58 AM
PETA... :cuss:

wait no, sorry...

PETA... :spit_take

I have a personal problem with them.

Those morons think that horse riding should be illegal and that horses should be released, they have tried to crash horse shows... we just act like uncivilized apes and fling poo (horse manure... its all natural) :rofl:

1. Modern riding/driving horses are a man made invention they cannot survive without us.
2. If they were released: if you thought hitting a raccoon was bad...
3. They would breed like nuts! Then you would have to hunt them down.
4. Have you ever tried hunting a horse? I have its almost impossible. THEY ARE SMART. You cannot get within a mile of wild horses on foot.
5. I would be out of a JOB!

So I ask PETA, which is better for the horse.
PETA folk are narrow-minded.

Milk is bad :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant, PETA just really makes me PO'ed.

RapidTransit
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
You know whats funny in some parts of the world hunting certain animals actually protects them? It's true hunting elephants for the Ivory from some country help fund a refuge and preservation for the same animal :cheers:

skife
04-12-2006, 10:49 AM
You know whats funny in some parts of the world hunting certain animals actually protects them? It's true hunting elephants for the Ivory from some country help fund a refuge and preservation for the same animal :cheers:

we hunt whitetail dear so they dont get over populated and hit by cars.
we also hunt them with our cars.

WaffleBaron
04-12-2006, 03:38 PM
I drink beer, and I feel fine. I drink milk, and i feel bad. Guess it's that whole intolerance thing.

punkncat
04-12-2006, 04:10 PM
As has been said above...disregard anything you read on that site.

If PETA is involved it is pure animal protecting tree hugging propaganda. If we weren't eating them or using their products some other predator would be.

BeaverEater
04-12-2006, 04:21 PM
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

mmmmmmmmm :headbang:

Altimas
04-12-2006, 04:28 PM
One of my friends is a Nutbag Vegetarian guy who supports and believes what PETA says, I invited him to a grill out once and told him I would make him some food but he couldnt crack on anything else I was making. Well it wasnt 5 minutes and he was there drinking and talking crap about the gorgeous steak on my grill. So I picked up a rib eye and slapped him across the face with it. Needless to say he doesnt talk about that pansy crap around me anymore.

FooTemps
04-12-2006, 04:56 PM
One of my friends is a Nutbag Vegetarian guy who supports and believes what PETA says, I invited him to a grill out once and told him I would make him some food but he couldnt crack on anything else I was making. Well it wasnt 5 minutes and he was there drinking and talking crap about the gorgeous steak on my grill. So I picked up a rib eye and slapped him across the face with it. Needless to say he doesnt talk about that pansy crap around me anymore.

how dare you soil a perfectly delicious rib eye with the face of a nutbag vegetarian!?!?

SlartyBartFast
04-12-2006, 04:59 PM
You know what? It's absolutely true.

Drinking Milk results in societies where cancer, alzheimers, and numerous other deseases are FAR more prevalent than societies that don't drink milk.

Why?

BECAUSE MILK HELPS YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SUFFER FROM DESEASES THAT OCCUR PRIMARILY IN OLD AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morons. :rolleyes:

PballaA5
04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Do Not Do Business With This Guy, He Took My Friends 72 Dollars On Pbnation.com For The Sl68-ii And Never Shipped The Marker. He Is A Coward Because He Broke All Communication With My Friend And Would Not Refund His Money. He Is A Cheater And Will Not Deal Fair With You. Stay Away I Am Not Kidding You. HUSKIE AMERICAN IS A CHEATER.

punkncat
04-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Do Not Do Business With This Guy, He Took My Friends 72 Dollars On Pbnation.com For The Sl68-ii And Never Shipped The Marker. He Is A Coward Because He Broke All Communication With My Friend And Would Not Refund His Money. He Is A Cheater And Will Not Deal Fair With You. Stay Away I Am Not Kidding You. HUSKIE AMERICAN IS A CHEATER.

Hey cool! Can you say inappropriate place to post such a thing?
You aren't with PETA are you?

Might you have accidentally clicked in the wrong place?

You do know there is a bad trader thread right?

You do know that since you have nothing to do with the deal (other that hearsay) so the best thing to do is STFU?!?

noobs :rolleyes:

ThePixelGuru
04-13-2006, 04:33 AM
It didn't happen to you. It didn't happen on this forum. It has nothing to do with this thread. Should you post this here? It's obvious from your postcount you joined just to spam people with that. Save it for trader feedback, and even then only if it's a deal you actually had something to do with.

Also, milk is awesome. So is steak. PETA can go procreate with themselves because animals taste good.

billybob_81067
04-13-2006, 05:15 AM
PETA can go defecate on themselves because animals taste good.

Edited! :D

Gitaroo Man
04-13-2006, 03:22 PM
A lot of the things people have problems with in the milk is that it has A LOT of hormones in it which can POTENTIALLY be bad.

SlartyBartFast
04-13-2006, 04:24 PM
A lot of the things people have problems with in the milk is that it has A LOT of hormones in it which can POTENTIALLY be bad.

Point to a study please.

If a cow is treated with medication or hormones, a waiting time is required before milk from that cow is released for consumption and not destroyed.

Growth Hormone treatment and other allowed treatments don't involve a waiting period, but consult some of the literature before jumping on the panic wagon:
http://www.dairymax.com/rBGH.htm

nippinout
04-13-2006, 04:58 PM
PETA folk are narrow-minded.

Milk is bad :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant, PETA just really makes me PO'ed.

Hooray for self-righteousness!

nippinout
04-13-2006, 05:05 PM

NEVER invite Vegans/Vegetarians to a bbq/grillfest.

I have nothing against Vegans/Vegetarians personally. But when they preach or limit my selection of meats, it really annoys me. Makes me want to eat carpaccio.

robnix
04-13-2006, 05:22 PM

I have a shirt that reads "I didn't climb to the top of the food chain in order to become a vegetarian" just for such occasions.