PDA

View Full Version : Mag advice for mag newbie

cyrus-the-virus
04-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Ok im new to automags and I've had some great advice from afriend of mine but i need some help on choosing my mag.

Here is what i have gotton picked out for now.

bare in mind I use Co2 and HPA is not an option. therefore x-valves and e-mags are out of the question.

1: CF ULE body, black
2: inteliframe
3: lvl 10
4: freak kit.

past this i Have no clue what to use so if the nice people on the forum could help me out that would be great.

Thanks

Cy

emumikey
04-11-2006, 07:55 PM
seems like overkill to me, but I am old hat around here these days.

Level 10 is the must have item for you!
The ULE body might be a good idea depending on your preference. It also makes finding barrels much easier.

Intelliframe in my opinion is not very effective in YOUR application.
Freak Kit is overkill as you will probably never use 5 of the 6 inserts, I would find one or two nice barrels that you like with the bore size you are looking for.

I have been running a powerfeed rt classic for many years and dont plan on changing it at all, although I do wish I could use cocker barrels instead of the twistlock.

Just my two cents, not trying to pick any fights :hail:

cyrus-the-virus
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
i'd bei fine with the twistlock body but i have a freak i want to use.

thanks for the input all the samethough

geekwarrior
04-11-2006, 09:22 PM
i personally like the vertical frames(logic or chimera) better than the intelliframe, but thats a personal preference.

rb211
04-11-2006, 09:23 PM
I have all the items that you have listed on my mag and don't regret buying any of it. As stated before, the Level 10 is a must, the ULE body is great for the weight savings, vertical feed, and being able to use cocker threaded barrels. As far as the Intelliframe, I could shoot with that a lot faster than I could with a single trigger and I like the feel. If you already have a cocker threaded Freak, that's great. personally, I have a freak kit for my ULE mag, and a freak back for my Automag and Minimag. It's nice not to have to switch barrels to shoot on a different bore size.

Coralis
04-12-2006, 01:02 AM
you might consider getting a good expansion chamber or palmer stabilize or Tstock and remote or anti siphon CO2 bottle, to limit the amount of shoot down your libel to get on longer strings.

Dryden
04-12-2006, 07:57 AM
you might consider getting a good expansion chamber or palmer stabilize or Tstock and remote or anti siphon CO2 bottle, to limit the amount of shoot down your libel to get on longer strings.
Agreed. If you have to run CO2, you'll need some expansion room either by a multi-stage gas thru foregrip, a palmer stab, or a remote line. The difference in consistancy when you introduce a remote is night and day, IMO.

cyrus-the-virus
04-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I'veactually decided to get a RGP body and showdow rail rather than the ULE body. Already got a female palmer/remote ready for my mag (and my A5).

Thanks keep it coming.

chico4missions
06-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Agreed. If you have to run CO2, you'll need some expansion room either by a multi-stage gas thru foregrip, a palmer stab, or a remote line. The difference in consistancy when you introduce a remote is night and day, IMO.

I'm running nitro on my classic, do I need to invest in a palmer's stab or are they primarily for CO2 systems? :confused:

Hooter42
06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm running nitro on my classic, do I need to invest in a palmer's stab or are they primarily for CO2 systems? :confused:

nope

Aslan
06-24-2006, 01:55 PM
If you're using a Level 10, you're probably going to need to move to HPA whether you want to or not. Some people say they've gotten it to work with anti-syphon tanks, palmers stabbys, or 6-stage ex chambers...but I've also seen people use all of those (not on the same gun obviously) and still have problems.