PDA

View Full Version : All ye halo B owners!!!

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 12:39 AM
My friends have been ranting on about this little piece of delrin saying it is one of the best upgrades for the halo…

Well I never put to much merit into some of their suggestions because they are Ion Agg folk…

So I was in my shop today and they started ranting about it too…

Okay that got my attention check it out…
http://www.buyshocktech.com/images/products/misc/misc_hlo_spdwh_dis.jpg

http://www.buyshocktech.com/pages/loader/mp_loadacc_swheel.htm

Well after installing it… (Slight modification may be necessary to the gear housing) That piece of $13.00 plastic makes the halo fly!!!

I highly recommend it.

Just thought I would share.

Rudz
04-12-2006, 12:59 AM
whats it do? i just bought an s4 kit..it has great tension..i been looking at speed wheels like that..but never knew if they were worth it..i already have rip and a cheetah..but sometimes the paint gets stuck..

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 01:07 AM
First off... check the link.

Okay so you did that, and you still want more.

It is a little piece of delrin that slides (had to pound mine on) onto the brass wheel that is on the motor drive shaft. All it really does is increase the circumference of the motors pully so that the rotational velocity (speed) is greater on the drive belt... thus the name "speed wheel".

It may eat up batters faster due to the loss of rotational force (torque) of having a larger radius thus causing the motor itself to work harder, but as much as they all were ranting about it, it must not be too much of a loss.
EDIT: also another thing I am worried about is that it uses the same belt. It is under a little more tension but it seems fine.

OBVIOUSLY FASTER. (actually its a 1/3 faster, as per the web site)

Rudz
04-12-2006, 01:09 AM
is this the 1 that comes with both the band and thje wheel or just the wheel..

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Just wheel. See EDIT /\ /\ /\

All I got was a little plastic bag, and a ring of delrin that costs $13.00 :tard: . I thought "you have to be kidding" when I saw it but... damn.

Eatem Alive
04-12-2006, 01:14 AM
speaking of cool stuff for halo's, i had to replace my shells so i bought one of these. the shells feel more durable than the stock ones and if you happen to get broken paint inside, just unscrew the three screws and the top half comes off for easy cleaning.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8472/pic11181508b6qh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
hybrid suicide shells

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 01:17 AM
speaking of cool stuff for halo's, i had to replace my shells so i bought one of these. the shells feel more durable than the stock ones and if you happen to get broken paint inside, just unscrew the three screws and the top half comes off for easy cleaning.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8472/pic11181508b6qh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
hybrid suicide shells

I remember reading that a fella had problems with his cracking up from just minor hopper hits... How is yours holding up? It seemed like it was one of those new product flaws that just needed to be worked out.

Rudz
04-12-2006, 01:24 AM
yeah phantom mag had the issue..i might get some but ill wait for clear ones...

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 01:25 AM
yeah phantom mag had the issue..i might get some but ill wait for clear ones...

Right... thank you, couldn't think of it off hand...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194181

Z-man
04-12-2006, 01:47 AM
More Speed! More Bps! More Victories! Must Get!

IcantBelieveit
04-12-2006, 04:36 AM
actually isn't the circumfrence smaller??? If it was smaller would mean more speed....just seems logical

PBCapo
04-12-2006, 05:48 AM
it would be faster if it was a smaller wheel on the actual shaft that is coming off of the raceway, but this is the wheel that is on the actual motor driveshaft itself, so it has to be bigger

Pha|anx
04-12-2006, 07:44 AM
I picked up a Hot Rod Kit and it came with one. The speed improvment is noticeable but not anything like a V35/EB board, granted it is probably alot easier on the moter then a board set at 5+.

wanna-b-ballin'
04-12-2006, 12:52 PM
actually isn't the circumfrence smaller??? If it was smaller would mean more speed....just seems logical

at the same RPM, what will go faster? a small scooter wheel, or a truck tire. the truck tire will be covering ground faster.

so wouldn't the smaller circumference create greater torque rather than speed?

like on a bicycle, you go in lower(smaller) gears to go uphill because its much easier than in the higher gears.

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Its a larger circumfrence. the ring slips OVER the brass wheel on the motor drive shaft.
I will see if I can get a pic of it up for yall.

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry no pics today but I have data...

00:00:05.6
00:00:05.9
00:00:04.9
00:00:05.6
00:00:05.3

These are recorded times it took my halo with the stock board to empty 1 pods worth (exactly 140 balls, I counted)

It will feed approx. 25.6 BPS with the STOCK Board

Thats faster than I thought :wow: I did the math as I was writting this... I am in shock :dance:

The victory v35 board is coming in about 2 days at most :rofl: My word I wonder how fast that will be!

Would someone try the same thing with their all stock halo.
here is the stop watch I used...
http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/stopwatch/

Pha|anx
04-12-2006, 05:50 PM
When I had my V35 set to 6 along with the ST speedwheel.... It was terrifying! :p

nate2k191
04-12-2006, 06:39 PM
where does this part even go? and why does it help so much? i'll probably buy one, im just wondering...

ThePixelGuru
04-12-2006, 06:46 PM
It will feed approx. 25.6 BPS with the STOCK Board
Keep in mind dump rate is different than actual feed rate. No hopper (aside from maybe the QLoader and Warp) can feed a marker as fast as it can dump paint into open space.

MoeMag
04-12-2006, 06:51 PM
It is a little piece of delrin that slides (had to pound mine on) onto the brass wheel that is on the motor drive shaft. All it really does is increase the circumference of the motors pully so that the rotational velocity (speed) is greater on the drive belt... thus the name "speed wheel".

Just in case you missed it the first time. :D

open space loading... huh. Okay, that makes sense. I suppose I will let yall know when I get a tank of air.

EDIT:
Just out of curiosity because of the open space loading thing...
my revvy which is nothing special did...
00:00:12.7 with 140 balls

Thats about 11 bps.
In my experience my revvy can hold up till about 10 so I think that is fairly accurate.

Being that my mag with my set up tops out at 23bps (yes "bouncing like a mofo" as someone put it) the speedwheel + v35 should make it keep up while feeding paint into the gun.

Jotsy
04-14-2006, 09:51 PM
hey, i was wondering if anybody has tried this:

http://www.punisherspb.com/new-designz-halo-b-reloader-b-o-d-overdrive-pulley.aspx

i assume its the same basic theory correct? can anybody tell me if either one is better than the other or anything?

Rudz
04-14-2006, 09:54 PM
hey, i was wondering if anybody has tried this:

http://www.punisherspb.com/new-designz-halo-b-reloader-b-o-d-overdrive-pulley.aspx

i assume its the same basic theory correct? can anybody tell me if either one is better than the other or anything?

same idea..cept it comes with wheel and a band, and has 2 groooves for 2 diff settings..fast..and hellah fast..deeper groove is hellah fast..

Jotsy
04-14-2006, 10:03 PM
but is the hella fast setting faster than 133% :D i have no idea how to calculate ratios

MoeMag
04-14-2006, 10:36 PM
deeper groove is hellah fast..

deeper groove is more torque, not faster.
Bigger is faster and less powerful.

PS. I am loving this thing! I didn't get the v35... dont need it :wow: I cant out shoot it. But when I get my new maxflo running, that might change things. :D

kenndogg
04-15-2006, 02:57 AM
My halo b has a similar product from Violent Products and I'm amazed at the improvements.
I have the V35 board and the Duey Dog Bone kit.
Talk about overdrive, this hopper is FAST

BigEvil
04-15-2006, 06:11 AM
WIll that little wheel mean more broken balls inside?

minimag03
04-15-2006, 07:18 AM
More Speed! More Bps! More Victories! Must Get!

lol

slade
04-16-2006, 07:03 PM
the first post was only a few days ago and so many reviews so far.

potential problem. increasing speed will decrease torque. even with new batteries on my hopper, occasionally it just wont feed. it will stop and ill get the flashing green/red light... usually at the most inopportune moment. decreasing the torque will increase the chance of this happening, and it wont necessarily provide enough force. now, this may not happen with other boards, but people are saying it works fine with the stock board. IIRC the halo board had a voltage regulator built in, so im not sure how much a battery pack would help.

im not saying it wouldnt work, im just skeptical.

also, i understand costs of packaging/marketing/overhead and profit margins etc. come into it, but $13 for a small piece of delrin just seems a bit much. i could make this in a few minutes.

jenarelJAM
07-26-2006, 11:36 AM
the first post was only a few days ago and so many reviews so far.

potential problem. increasing speed will decrease torque. even with new batteries on my hopper, occasionally it just wont feed. it will stop and ill get the flashing green/red light... usually at the most inopportune moment. decreasing the torque will increase the chance of this happening, and it wont necessarily provide enough force. now, this may not happen with other boards, but people are saying it works fine with the stock board. IIRC the halo board had a voltage regulator built in, so im not sure how much a battery pack would help.

im not saying it wouldnt work, im just skeptical.

also, i understand costs of packaging/marketing/overhead and profit margins etc. come into it, but $13 for a small piece of delrin just seems a bit much. i could make this in a few minutes.
YAY, finally someone who sees the problem!

I agree with you sir, I believe that if Odyssey had wanted a faster halo, they would have done this and advertised it as a faster halo. Instead, they made that part a certain size to perform a certain function. Imo, this mod will have negative effects on the halo. I'd rather my halo didn't need a new motor in 2 months, thanks.

The battery pack thing I believe works because when the halo regulates the voltage, voltage goes down, current goes up, and the motor works harder because P=IV and V=IR, so P=IIR(cant do superscripts)
So if you drop voltage, you increase current, since resistance stays the same, V=IR. Now power takes your increased current, forgets about voltage, and squares it, then multiplies by resistance. You get a speedy motor.

About the price issue. I think they're priced at $13 because it's not that much money, and paintballers will pay it for a "bps upgrade". Doesn't matter that the speed is completely superfluous, or that it might wreck your halo, bps is king.

Indignant
07-26-2006, 12:33 PM
I remember reading that a fella had problems with his cracking up from just minor hopper hits... How is yours holding up? It seemed like it was one of those new product flaws that just needed to be worked out.

I doubt he has any problems with it.

He never gets hit.

Chronobreak
07-26-2006, 01:59 PM
i made a post like this a week ago, but everyone ignored mine :(

i basicly wanted to know if theyr was something like this for the warp feed, and if theyr would be any problems with thing slike too much tourque etc etc

the mag guy
07-26-2006, 09:04 PM
i know these are great mods and I'm looking into them, but man do this many people really outshoot their halo's? Im not saying its hard or can't be done, but besides showing off and playing back in tourneys who is laying down so much paint they have to mod their halo? Honestly i think that its just something to throw money at. I mean if you have ever taken a break from shooting, and I know I do, the halo does great on its own.

I agree with slade and jenarelJAM.

nicad
07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
So, if I have an old, "stock" reloader-B averaging 29bps (30 peak)

http://www.deadlywind.com/files/misc/Aedes-29bps-ReloaderB.mpg

this wheel will make it run even faster?? hmmmm....

geekwarrior
07-27-2006, 02:07 PM
So, if I have an old, "stock" reloader-B averaging 29bps (30 peak)

http://www.deadlywind.com/files/misc/Aedes-29bps-ReloaderB.mpg

this wheel will make it run even faster?? hmmmm....

is that your new marker? :eek:

Chronobreak
07-27-2006, 04:35 PM
oooh a new video to go whore around YAY colin