PDA

View Full Version : Which of these 2 barrels is better for Emag?

RavishingEddie
04-12-2006, 04:25 AM
I have came to a conclusion, but I need to hear some opinions first. I cannot decide between the Carbon Graphite Barrel Kit or the Mac Dev Matchstick. Please let me know which is quieter, more accurate etc. Thank You

Dayspring
04-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Accuracy is a function of paint to barrel match. If the barrel closely matches the paint, it will have better accuracy & efficiency than the one that doesn't.

IcantBelieveit
04-12-2006, 10:37 AM
yea go with the kit...i noticed a hell of difference when i went to my powerlyte sceper kit...

hipster
04-12-2006, 12:18 PM
which maker is the carbon made buy

that make a big diff, stiffi makes one of the more accurate kits

mac dev kits are nice but there are more accurate kits out there

IcantBelieveit
04-12-2006, 06:54 PM
i thought the powelyte scepter kit was very accurate

VFX_Fenix
04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
It depends on how light you want your barrel to be as well as how much $$ you want to spend. I'd vote for the Matchstick personally, but then I like things with a little heft to them, not ultra light nothings.

athomas
04-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm voting with Dayspring. A paintball blown out through a good fitting, smooth piece of pipe will be as accurate as almost any barrel. My point is, that paint to barrel match is one of the most important specs to check when getting a barrel.

Lohman446
04-13-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm voting with Dayspring. A paintball blown out through a good fitting, smooth piece of pipe will be as accurate as almost any barrel. My point is, that paint to barrel match is one of the most important specs to check when getting a barrel.

And is so overrated. Yes, paint to barrel match makes a difference in efficiency and accuracy. However, on both these things the difference is so minimal as to be almost meaningless in game scenarios, especially with today's paint that tends to vary from ball to ball. Many people just shoot a large bore barrel and don't worry about paint to barrel match. Unless you have a 'cocker or such that uses the barrel as a detent in the forward position.

athomas
04-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I always use a large bore barrel myself. I usually use a .693 or .696 depending on the quality of the day and paint.

RavishingEddie
04-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Well they both offer good barrel to ball match. I was just wondering what you all would choose. I am trying to go lightest as possible. From what I heard their matchsticks were pretty good, but I really like what I seen in the CCM carbon fiber barrel. Does anyone own a CCM?

VFX_Fenix
04-13-2006, 11:19 PM
CCM's a St!ffi Switch Kits.

S!te (St!ffi) make some of the lightest barrels on the market to date. Rediculously light if you ask me, St!ffi in 14" on the nose of my E-Mag felt like there was nothing there and it was..... strange.

hipster
04-14-2006, 09:41 AM
All I use now is a stiffi .691 or a ultralite .691- I have an empire kit nd never use it