PDA

View Full Version : SP All-American

Oddball91
04-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey i was woundering if anyone has bought the SP 06 All-American barrel of xtremez.com/paintball in automag 12"???? I was woundering if because is was for the automag was the barrel different, is it 1 or 2 piece, and does it look like it does in the picture???? :confused: :confused: :shooting: :dance: :cheers:

SP All-American (http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=BRSAA12&variation=AN&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=233)

punkncat
04-12-2006, 02:24 PM
The only 12" AA barrel for mags I have ever seen was the old one piece.

Given the market on mags I would be doubtful that Smart Parts actually went on a limb to produce the newest one (06) for an obsolete body (twistlock).
Might place a call before you order.

Oddball91
04-12-2006, 02:29 PM
that why i asked....i have only seen the 1 piece and i sent them an email and am still waiting for a reply

Munnin
04-12-2006, 02:29 PM
i still dont understand why the twistlock is obsolete, screw in barrels offer no advantage do they? i was allways under the impression that it was just a sweet design that never cought on cause it was far to elite for smartparts

punkncat
04-12-2006, 02:36 PM
i still dont understand why the twistlock is obsolete, screw in barrels offer no advantage do they? i was allways under the impression that it was just a sweet design that never cought on cause it was far to elite for smartparts

Well consider that within the twislock you have at least two different designs to fit HL/HR/CF bodies. The bodies are expensive when compared to the ULE and heavier. Then topped by the fact that noone makes the twistlock barrels anymore.......obsolete.

I always liked them as well, but autococker threads are everywhere. ULE bodies look nicer, weigh less and take these easily available thread patterns produced by every barrel maker.

BigEvil
04-12-2006, 02:53 PM

I never had a problem with twist lock mag barrels until;

1) I realized how much better the current ball detent is
and
2)I wanted some sort of eye system.

If you have a mech there is nothing wrong with them at all. My Classic RT doesnt have any trouble from them at all - and this is YEARS worth or use Im talking about.

Oddball91
04-12-2006, 02:54 PM
speak of the paintball store....i just got the email for the store.....its a 2 piece :clap: . thanks for everything.......................now to think, if i waited 30 minutes i wouldnt have had to start this thread :)

buzzboy
04-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure that SP is still making these barrels. At least they list them on their site that way.

Yes TL is the best. If you break it is so much easier to just twist and pull. That AC threading got boring around the 5th twist.

peewee
04-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Here's adams ebay store. Note his comment
http://cgi.ebay.com/All-American-Automag-Barrel-12_W0QQitemZ7218416074QQcategoryZ16046QQcmdZViewIt em#ebayphotohosting

Oddball91
04-12-2006, 07:32 PM
What type of paint do you use with your.93 SP AA's???? That is big and i wasnt sure what size paint you all use.

punkncat
04-12-2006, 07:41 PM
I tell ya, its better to have too big a bore than it is to have too small a bore.

Too small and everything breaks in the barrel. If its too big you just loose a little efficency.