PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of linking to other forum feedback

Lohman446
04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I see it all the time in the BST forum. People trying to show how much feedback they have by listing to feedback on another forum. Often this feedback name has nothing to do with the name on this forum, I mean, at least does not look like the same name. Often its by new members Even if it does does it matter? I mean, I could go to e-bay, find a good name, and make a new SN to match it for here

I mean, I could say, heres my e-bay feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=magicclub&iid=7232633474

NOTE: NOT MY EBAY FEEDBACK ILLUSTRATION ONLY

Doesn't mean it is. Does anyone actually fall for this? For those that have traded with legitimate people who did this, did you place any value in it?

punkncat
04-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I suppose you just have to take it on a per case basis.

Easiest thing to do is to send them a PM or Email off that other username and see what comes back.

etjoyride
04-12-2006, 03:30 PM
^^^that works usually. Also, i know i personally have made sure to make my name the same on all forums so tha tpeople can tell it isme.

kingpen509
04-12-2006, 03:31 PM
I think your being a bit sceptical. If you dont feel comfortable trading or doing business with ANYONE on this site or another dont! I personally feel more comfortable doing business with someone who at least attemps to show credibility. Ultimately the decision is up to you and you could always look further into it by contacting those refferences directly as said above.

So in short i like it when people show feedback of anykind, 'cause if I still dont feel comfortable then I dont do business.

NoForts4Me
04-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I have the same name across multiple paintball forums. That's why I do it. I do not link to my Ebay feedback, because my Ebay name is different, and I figure it would be useless (except for the contact idea by kingpen509, I guess).

benzy2
04-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I do it more because I dont have a lot of feedback on a single forum. If they dont believe its me on the other forum I am more than happy to send them a PM or reply to one. I try though to get anyone I buy from to post feedback on as many different forums as they belong to so that I dont have to post two different feedback threads. Ive never had someone who I bought a gun from on pbn refuse to put feedback for me here as well.

68magOwner
04-12-2006, 05:38 PM
....if its ebay feedback, just send a message to the seller and see what you get back, an easy test of legitimacy

Arstron
04-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I have offten questioned buyers feedback on multiple forums if the name doesnt apear the same. I havnt had any problems with it yet though.

deathstalker
04-12-2006, 05:54 PM
While I don't do it to the degree others do, I will link to my feedback here because it is where I've done the most transactions. I've been a member on PBN since 02/01, but I don't post much. When someone asks for my feedback, I let them know it's here. My eBay name is similar (as a matter of fact, I have the same name registered but I forgot the password and re-registered) so it's not much of an issue for me.

I know what you mean, though. Some people put it in their sig like they're begging for attention.

ThePixelGuru
04-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Get them to contact you from the account they claim to own. If they do it, cool, if not, big warning sign.

SpitFire1299
04-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Most people have like the same email, paypal, username, etc.. That way you can see how active they are in selling things.

I dont know anyone who has linked to like someone elses feedback, it would be pretty obvious if so.

Evintos
04-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Organization. I like to keep my feedback in one place.

Majority of my feedback is located in PBNation, as I do most of the transactions there. I have done a few here and requested that any comments be left on PBNation. If anyone potential buyer, trader, or seller questions my feedback, I always give them the opportunity to confirm my identity/feedback rating (that is located on another forum).

It's easier to maintain one feedback thread rather than multiple threads.

I know about bookmarks, but to copy and paste the link everytime you post something up for sale, trade or WTB, it gets a bit excessive (for me, I'm lazy-ish).

cdacda13
04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I keep the same name on every forum.

Pha|anx
04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
If I use my AO feedback for buying/selling/trading on another forum, I edit the orginal post to prove legitamacy. Personally I understand the fact that having many different forum accounts can be a pain on keeping feedback.

nate2k191
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
i am nate2k191 on ebay and other forums and i have excellent feedback everywhere, so i like to give people links to them incase they are curious about my reputation.

RapidTransit
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
The beauty of http://www.heatware.com/

OEM Petey
04-12-2006, 10:15 PM
ALL of my feedback is on pbn. Although, I have done a few deals here. I asked those buyers to post on my PBN feedback.

In the 1st post, I put "this is also OEM petey from AO.org" so people will know that its really mine.

Aslan
04-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Personally, I don't trust feedback from users if it's a different name. I'm not saying I've never accepted that feedback...sometimes I do. But I'm a lot more skeptical.

Personally, I rarely ever link to my other feedback on other forums unless I'm selling...which I rarely do. If I'm selling, I might say, "Here's my link here at AO to my feedback...I also have 100% positive feedback on Ebay (48 transactions)." I suppose I could list all of my feedback everywhere because I do in fact use very similar names on the different paintball sites...I'm just too lazy to go to every site and get the link. Most of the time if you're that unsure...ya probably should just move on anyways.

geekwarrior
04-22-2006, 12:46 PM
well, couldnt you look up the buyer on ebay, and than contact him through ebay, if he responds, its the same guy. :rolleyes:

if its his friend or something, well at least he has decent friends :rofl: