PDA

View Full Version : J Tube Needed?

magbackforgood
04-12-2006, 10:04 PM
:)
I know i asked a question a while back about using c02 and mags. But i have a few other questions. Since i am sort of short on funds right now i bought a bob long 4 stage expansion chamber for my minimag. I have already put it on. Do i still need a j tube to be installed in the 20oz C02 tank i buy? or will the expansion chamber be enough for now? i also have automag classic with a pure energy regulator on it. i kn ow that other brands are better but i am tight on funds right now. When and if i have to use C02 on Automag with the pure energy reg will it be ok? will it stop the liquid? by the way i will be using a remote line with the Automag. thanks for any info. sorry about the length.

paintman1142
04-12-2006, 10:15 PM
haha, j-tube as in an anti siphion tube, just dont point your marker down when it's gased up and you shouldnt have a problem, even when i used to do that i had no problem with my classic valve.

personman
04-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Your pure energy reg will probably not do much against liquid co2..
The 'j tube' as you call it, or anti-siphon tube is a good idea to have for your co2 tank. They're inexpensive and worth it. They arent a MUST HAVE but they help alot more than an expansion chamber for a smaller price.

By the way dont use the remote with any tank that has the anti-siphon installed. It will have the reverse effect and siphon liquid into your gun.

I'd take off the pure energy reg if I were you if you're using the remote. The remote is like a realllly big expansion chamber and the pure energy reg will just restrict the airflow. You dont want that. Usually you dont want to run any regulators on mags.