PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that AGG is a retarded term>

MMaglpc
04-13-2006, 01:36 AM
What does it even mean, aggressive? I hear the tournament idiots at my field always talking about it.

ThePixelGuru
04-13-2006, 04:01 AM
"Aggro." It's a Cali thing, I think. Don't look at me, I'm a New Englader. We don't come up with dumb **** like that. :D

Rudz
04-13-2006, 04:42 AM
come on..it came from cali..but now all thses friggin kids are using it, and most of them dont kno what it means or where its from...!!!! dont blame cali...

Vex
04-13-2006, 04:42 AM
"Aggro." It's a Cali thing, I think. Don't look at me, I'm a New Englader. We don't come up with dumb **** like that. :D
It's short for Aggressive. It's old surfer/skater slang that has been ressurected by today's paintball youth and severely beaten to a miserable and humiliating zombie-like state. It just won't die.

Rudz
04-13-2006, 04:45 AM
even funier is the fact we are all still awake..lol :eek: :rofl:

Vex
04-13-2006, 05:06 AM
even funier is the fact we are all still awake..lol :eek: :rofl:
I'm at work. What's your excuse? :D

LudavicoSoldier
04-13-2006, 06:50 AM
yet I see these AGG kiddie here in MA trying to do the HK thing, and sell all sorts of "pb fashion" under the Agg Sauce Apparel name.

Here is a quote, from PBN of all places, that I found hilarious:

HK is the Paris Hilton of Paintball. Nobody knows why they're famous, but they get all the attention anyways. And they both annoy the living **** out of me.

Lord knows all the little gayboys in Cali need to carry their LV purses with them onto the field.

tyrion2323
04-13-2006, 11:54 AM
I think that, for many of them, these are ways to include themselves in a fairly popular scene. Remember that most of these kids are younger, in their teens, and they want to fit in more than stand out. For the pros who model it, it seems an easy to way to garner community support and fans.

I don't see anything wrong with it, and even think that some of their styles are pretty cool. I am more concerned about people who get mad because they use a certain lingo or dress a certain way than I am about the people actually doing it.

Dharma punk
04-13-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, and even think that some of their styles are pretty cool. I am more concerned about people who get mad because they use a certain lingo or dress a certain way than I am about the people actually doing it.

Word. Who gives a crap what other people do? So they are expressing themselves in a way that you don't like. They aren't hurting anyone and there will be a new fad for you to hate on soon enough.

xtreme paintball
04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Forgive my ignorace, but Im returning from a 2 year hiatus from paintball.

I assume that "HK" refers to HK Army?

warbeak2099
04-13-2006, 09:10 PM
You are correct sir.

I really don't care either way. Complaining about stuff doesn't get anything done. It's just a different way of acting than ours. It's not like everyone is AGG and only a minority are normal, civilized people. Just let it go and act yourself. As long as an AGGot doesn't bother me I won't piss and moan about him.

dahoeb
04-13-2006, 09:46 PM
As long as an AGGot doesn't bother me I won't piss and moan about him.
word
:cheers:

Rudz
04-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Lord knows all the little gayboys in Cali need to carry their LV purses with them onto the field.

ok this aggro bs came from so cal..but it was done..now leave us out of it..were done with it..these lil punks have nothin to do with so cal..i thinkmost of em have never been out here..and if they had we woulda laughed at em..and we do..and whats with pink?? i remeber a couple years in college we laughed any guy in a pink shirt to tears..it wasnt in cali yet..we saw it on guys from out of state..but now its everywhere..its scary..had a coworker at work ask me if it was normal for his son to be wearin pink to school..lol...he wasnt sure if his son was gay or something..lol..than a youger guy was like no..its supposed to be cool..we were all like..since when was pink cool?? back in the 50's..how history repeats it self..never gonna catch me or anyone i respect in pink..and thats a promise..i only use the agg term to mock...i love sitting in local pro shops listening to noobs, yo would all be suprised what they will buy if they think its agg..ive met players who even have no idea how there gun works, or what it is..seriously..what kind of gun is that, me, its an emag..what do you have??..guy. uumm i think its a dye?? me. dm6??guy..umm i dont kno??? WTF??? lol :rofl:

-Tab
04-13-2006, 10:22 PM
ok this aggro bs came from so cal..but it was done..now leave us out of it..were done with it..these lil punks have nothin to do with so cal..i thinkmost of em have never been out here..and if they had we woulda laughed at em..and we do..and whats with pink?? i remeber a couple years in college we laughed any guy in a pink shirt to tears..it wasnt in cali yet..we saw it on guys from out of state..but now its everywhere..its scary..had a coworker at work ask me if it was normal for his son to be wearin pink to school..lol...he wasnt sure if his son was gay or something..lol..than a youger guy was like no..its supposed to be cool..we were all like..since when was pink cool?? back in the 50's..how history repeats it self..never gonna catch me or anyone i respect in pink..and thats a promise..i only use the agg term to mock...i love sitting in local pro shops listening to noobs, yo would all be suprised what they will buy if they think its agg..ive met players who even have no idea how there gun works, or what it is..seriously..what kind of gun is that, me, its an emag..what do you have??..guy. uumm i think its a dye?? me. dm6??guy..umm i dont kno??? WTF??? lol :rofl:

So, you are/were in college?
Yikes.

REDRT
04-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Up until this thread I had no idea what "AGG" stood for. Now that I know it is as dumb as it sounded in the first place. What ever happened to rad=radical :rolleyes:

Your marker is AGG or Your marker is RAD. ??? I think the term rad sounds better, but maybe I'm just old. :D

Rudz
04-13-2006, 10:39 PM
So, you are/were in college?
Yikes.

college graduate..scary huh??

sisco87
04-13-2006, 11:08 PM
So if AGG really is short for and means aggressive, to me it just doesn't make any sense. :tard:
Your marker is so AGGressive...?
I think i might be with Redrt, using rad might even sound better than AGG. :cool:
:p

REDRT
04-13-2006, 11:15 PM
So if AGG really is short for and means aggressive, to me it just doesn't make any sense. :tard:
I think i might be with Redrt, using rad might even sound better than AGG. :cool:

Turn back the hands of time and use a term like, "groovy"? AH, humn, maybe not :rolleyes:

MoeMag
04-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Turn back the hands of time and use a term like, "groovy"? AH, humn, maybe not :rolleyes:

Right on dude, sweet... thats a narly idea http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/avatar80565_2.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:/ with you

REDRT
04-13-2006, 11:29 PM
How's about some more 80's talk I believe.

Your marker is dope, dude. Your marker is wicked. Like, oh my god! Your marker is killer.

"AGG" just isn't as cool sounding to me.

magman#1
04-13-2006, 11:44 PM
agg might be pretty lame, but don't act like you've never overpaid for something you thought was cooler or more in style. the same rules apply to all the trendy garb you buy in any other hobby (cars especially, clothes, anything basically) that adds nothing or very little to the performance, but it makes it look more stylish or makes you feel cooler. by no means am i saying that people should go spend $200 on a pink hk bandana worn by ollie lang, but c'mon guys let people have their feeble attempts to be cool, i'm sure you did it too.

gibby
04-14-2006, 12:58 AM
I am ashamed to say I've seen these kids on the fields. They are far from being aggro..er...AGG. More like clowns to me. But whatever turns them on. To me, it's just a sad way to try to "fit in." :nono:

Baby Huey
04-14-2006, 05:57 AM

That is so true and so very funny. My wife and I saw a group of young inner city kids at the mall a little while back and they were all decked out in pink and we laughed because how bad a** can you be if you are wearing pink? There is a college in the mid west (or somewhere) that painted the football visitors locker room pink so it would have a calming and softening effect on the opposing players. Have a great weekend and be on the lookout for those pink clad gangs they might steal your wife's purse, because they think it matches their outfit :D .

Lohman446
04-14-2006, 06:05 AM
That is so true and so very funny. My wife and I saw a group of young inner city kids at the mall a little while back and they were all decked out in pink and we laughed because how bad a** can you be if you are wearing pink? There is a college in the mid west (or somewhere) that painted the football visitors locker room pink so it would have a calming and softening effect on the opposing players. Have a great weekend and be on the lookout for those pink clad gangs they might steal your wife's purse, because they think it matches their outfit :D .

Coach Hayden Fry (in the '70s), psychology major, Iowa State

Baby Huey
04-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Coach Hayden Fry (in the '70s), psychology major, Iowa State

I was thinking Iowa, thanks. They just repainted it pink again 2 years ago and there were a bunch of complaints and pressure to do another color. Can't remember how that turned out.

tyrion2323
04-14-2006, 08:43 AM

Hehe, it's true. But I think at this point the word agg is more similar to the word "F__K" in the sense that it can sort of be used in any context.

SpitFire1299
04-14-2006, 09:02 AM
So.. do they say like A-G-G.. or agg?

I want to start saying it so i can be "cool." :argh:

ThePixelGuru
04-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Haha, aggot. Wicked pissah.

FinchMan
04-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Up until this thread I had no idea what "AGG" stood for. Now that I know it is as dumb as it sounded in the first place. What ever happened to rad=radical :rolleyes:

Your marker is AGG or Your marker is RAD. ??? I think the term rad sounds better, but maybe I'm just old. :D

my marker is AGD. :p

azzkikr
04-14-2006, 03:49 PM
yes

Lohman446
04-14-2006, 04:10 PM
I was thinking Iowa, thanks. They just repainted it pink again 2 years ago and there were a bunch of complaints and pressure to do another color. Can't remember how that turned out.

It was the University of Iowa.. my bad

mobsterboy
04-14-2006, 04:13 PM
my marker is AGD. :p

QFT

Pballwizz
04-15-2006, 04:44 PM
So many of you are the first ones to defend when someone attacks your precious mags, yet you have to dis someone elses clique. Thats pretty lame. I bet a lot of you use dropforwards too.

mobsterboy
04-15-2006, 04:58 PM
So many of you are the first ones to defend when someone attacks your precious mags, yet you have to dis someone elses clique. Thats pretty lame. I bet a lot of you use dropforwards too.

only on your mother i do

Pballwizz
04-15-2006, 09:06 PM
why, is it too small normally :)

Lohman446
04-15-2006, 09:16 PM

Seems how I bash mags with the best of them, and everything else its ok for me to mention those stupid kids who use "agg" to describe anything that has to do with a game of tag involving shooting little balls of gelatin at each other? I'm sorry, but these little kids with mommies and daddies credit cards, and these teenagers (even if there paying there own way) trying to convince me there "hardcore" tend to give me pretty good laughs.

mobsterboy
04-15-2006, 10:23 PM
why, is it too small normally :)

no, thats what she likes up her cooley

goat
04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes I hate the word AGG, but I also hate the word GAT and the Term "blow people's heads off" matter of fact I can hardly watch UAPL because of that stupid commercial they play where that lame @$$ kid talks about "shooting someone in the face".
This wannabe gangsta crap in paintball is getting retarted, Kids playing with size xl pants on that fall off their butt when they run.

And another thing, The Bunny is never going to achieve world domination.....if its in your sig....your lame.

And while I am kicking up dust...Who cares if someone uses a Drop on their gun? ITS THEIR GUN!!! you dont have to shoot it, I own a total of 5 guns and some have drops...some have UNI's, it depends on what was needed to make the marker comfortable for me...ME being the operative word.
:cuss: Goat

Jaan
04-25-2006, 03:39 PM
:pThere are some slang terms that hit on a metal picture and just seem to fit because most people immediately understand it and can easily fit it into normal conversation. Calling a muscular man "diesel" seems to invoke a mental picture of a large truck or tractor since (in the US at least) most diesels are large equipment, or calling a woman a "Betty" since we all though Betty Rubble was the M.I.L.F. and not Wilma when we were kids. Radical was like that too when I first heard it, but AGG just doesn't cut it.

"Beware he's possessed to skate!

And his skating's getting radical ..."

Hehe, it's true. But I think at this point the word agg is more similar to the word "F__K" in the sense that it can sort of be used in any context.You cannot compare the ever loving holy mother of all slang words, to AGG. If words were vehicles, AGG would be a tricycle, and the F word would be a Saturn V rocket.

dahoeb
04-25-2006, 04:17 PM
to respond to the thread title i say: "Yes, yes I do think that Agg is a retarded term."

simple as that.

geekwarrior
04-25-2006, 04:27 PM
to me it reminds me of the agriculture, as in the wat too tight pants, oversized belt buckled, tobacco chewing hicks in agg class at high school :rolleyes:

Pballwizz
04-25-2006, 05:07 PM
no, thats what she likes up her cooley

Touche Good Sir

robnix
04-25-2006, 10:40 PM
This thread is SOOOOO not AGG.

tyrion2323
04-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Seems how I bash mags with the best of them, and everything else its ok for me to mention those stupid kids who use "agg" to describe anything that has to do with a game of tag involving shooting little balls of gelatin at each other? I'm sorry, but these little kids with mommies and daddies credit cards, and these teenagers (even if there paying there own way) trying to convince me there "hardcore" tend to give me pretty good laughs.

Not your usual quality. :(

Paintball is as much a sport as any other sport. Because people play paintball, there will be cliques and niches within it, just as within every other sport. I suppose that when it comes down to it, very few things in this world are truly "hardcore". So why not paintball? Does it lack some necessary component that allows people to regard it on a varying scale of seriousness? Sports, or any elite and/or specific field, will always have jargon attached to it. Accept it and move on with your lives.

It's amazing that AOers can get worked up about a word (or several words) that people on a whole other board use to describe their gear. Sure, there are douchebags in paintball - they reside here on AO as much as anywhere else - but there are douchebags in virtually every crevice of life.

I feel like AO is sort of stuck in a groundhog day spiral. Either it's cheating, agg, speedball, topics like these - they just resurface day after day. There is this sort of idea - I'm not sure where the heck it comes from - on AO that we are much more civil and respectful than, say, PBN. I'm calling 'shenanigans' on that myth right now. I see just as much, if not more, spiteful, contemptful attacks on these boards than I see on PBN. PBN's insults are trivial, made in the fleeting moment by nerds with keyboards. Here, they're fueled on a desire to not only exclude, but deligitimate anything foreign or novel. PBN is put down for being intolerant, yet the word phAGG seems to thrive here.

Interesting.

What's the result?
Eyes? Don't need 'em. They're hype.
Agg? Only jerks say agg.
Ramping? Only cheaters want that. (we're happy with hybrid mode and shot buffering)
New Products? Why get somethign new when EVERYONE COULD HAVE A MAG?!?!?!
Parents who support their kids playing paintball? Kids should have to support themselves, solely because I had to myself!!!

overdone? sure. purposeful.

jenarelJAM
04-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Not your usual quality. :(

Paintball is as much a sport as any other sport. Because people play paintball, there will be cliques and niches within it, just as within every other sport. I suppose that when it comes down to it, very few things in this world are truly "hardcore". So why not paintball? Does it lack some necessary component that allows people to regard it on a varying scale of seriousness? Sports, or any elite and/or specific field, will always have jargon attached to it. Accept it and move on with your lives.

It's amazing that AOers can get worked up about a word (or several words) that people on a whole other board use to describe their gear. Sure, there are douchebags in paintball - they reside here on AO as much as anywhere else - but there are douchebags in virtually every crevice of life.

I feel like AO is sort of stuck in a groundhog day spiral. Either it's cheating, agg, speedball, topics like these - they just resurface day after day. There is this sort of idea - I'm not sure where the heck it comes from - on AO that we are much more civil and respectful than, say, PBN. I'm calling 'shenanigans' on that myth right now. I see just as much, if not more, spiteful, contemptful attacks on these boards than I see on PBN. PBN's insults are trivial, made in the fleeting moment by nerds with keyboards. Here, they're fueled on a desire to not only exclude, but deligitimate anything foreign or novel. PBN is put down for being intolerant, yet the word phAGG seems to thrive here.

Interesting.

What's the result?
Eyes? Don't need 'em. They're hype.
Agg? Only jerks say agg.
Ramping? Only cheaters want that. (we're happy with hybrid mode and shot buffering)
New Products? Why get somethign new when EVERYONE COULD HAVE A MAG?!?!?!
Parents who support their kids playing paintball? Kids should have to support themselves, solely because I had to myself!!!

overdone? sure. purposeful.

Ouch...

As far as Pbn vs AO, I come to AO because people here generally care about decent threads, and because people here have a more similar mindset to my own. Pbn can keep the Agg, I like AO, where "Agg" gets threads like these.

Eyes? We have an alternative. Works on mech and electric markers, and never clogs.
Agg? Take it to Pbn.
Ramping? Sure, but it's not for everyone.
New Products? Haven't you seen the thread every other week labeled, "When is AGD going to come out with something new?"
Parents who support their kids in playing paintball? Kids who get everything for free are the same ones who take it for granted and play 'dirty'. ie. bonusball, wipe, velocity ramp, for the most part. The people who paid their way from age 15 because they loved the sport, they keep playing by the honor code.

Just my take on the situation

Vex
04-25-2006, 11:56 PM
"Beware he's possessed to skate!

And his skating's getting radical ..."
Damn dude, talk about slinging up the past. It reminds of the war...inside my head. :headbang:

sisco87
04-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Ouch...

As far as Pbn vs AO, I come to AO because people here generally care about decent threads, and because people here have a more similar mindset to my own. Pbn can keep the Agg, I like AO, where "Agg" gets threads like these.

Eyes? We have an alternative. Works on mech and electric markers, and never clogs.
Agg? Take it to Pbn.
New Products? Haven't you seen the thread every other week labeled, "When is AGD going to come out with something new?"
Parents who support their kids in playing paintball? Kids who get everything for free are the same ones who take it for granted and play 'dirty'. ie. bonusball, wipe, velocity ramp, for the most part. The people who paid their way from age 15 because they loved the sport, they keep playing by the honor code.

Just my take on the situation
Si and well done.

Jaan
04-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Damn dude, talk about slinging up the past. It reminds of the war...inside my head. :headbang:
"all I wanted was a Pepsi,
just one Pepsi
far from suicidal
still I get them tendencies
bringing back the memories
that I really miss,
when I reminisce
rocking back in the '80's ..."

:headbang:

Vex
04-26-2006, 02:41 AM
"all I wanted was a Pepsi,
just one Pepsi
far from suicidal
still I get them tendencies
bringing back the memories
that I really miss,
when I reminisce
rocking back in the '80's ..."

:headbang:

"I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead.
I saw her lying in a pool of red.
I think it's the greatest thing I'll ever see,
Your dead mommy lying in front of me."

:eek:

Glickman
04-26-2006, 06:16 AM
to respond to the thread title i say: "Yes, yes I do think that Agg is a retarded term."

simple as that.

i dont think its "retarded" because thats a poor use of the term.

but do i laugh at someones stupidity when i hear someone say it?

hell yea!

from now on, "Agg" shall be deemed "dee dee dee" so as to not offend our obviously more intellectual friends with mental illnesses.

CoolHand
04-26-2006, 12:24 PM
You cannot compare the ever loving holy mother of all slang words, to AGG. If words were vehicles, AGG would be a tricycle, and the F word would be a Saturn V rocket.

FTW! :rofl:

That was the best word comparison ever. EVER! :hail:

My old man referrs to F___ as "The Queen Mother of Dirty Words"

It still makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Skittle
04-26-2006, 01:14 PM
f AGG ot

enough said...?

tyrion2323
04-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Again, it's not that Level 10 is bad, but it's that when eyes were first becoming popular, they got hammered here on AO for being a lot of hype. It's obvious that they're not hype. Anti-chop devices are necessary. And you don't think Level 10s can mess up? They're not easier than eyes.

Agg? Take it to Pbn.
Again, why? Anything aside from your general distaste for the term? Anything substantial?

Agree with you, but I was pointing out, instead, that hybrid is just as much of a cheater mode, yet it isn't brought up as the subject of 10page rants, while non-AGD enhancements are.

I'm simply saying that there is an automatic reflex here in AO to label things as hype almost automatically.

Any proof? Anything beyond your perceptions and experiences? I have found that there are quite a few jerks spread all over the spectrum of paintball, and have yet to see any conclusive data which point to this specific demographic as the problem group. You say this as if it's conclusively fact, but to the best of my knowledge, it's all speculation.

dahoeb
04-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Anti-chop devices are necessary. And you don't think Level 10s can mess up? They're not easier than eyes.

Agree with you, but I was pointing out, instead, that hybrid is just as much of a cheater mode, yet it isn't brought up as the subject of 10page rants, while non-AGD enhancements are.

I prefer my LX over eyes. my viking has gotten dirt and other rubbish in the breach numerous times, which have put me in quite some pickles. I've been using LX for almost 3 1/2 years, and i can honostly say i may have chopped twice. But both of those times couldve also been a nasty barrel break, i was in the middle of a game so i couldn't check to verify. I did check my freak bore size and it wasn't even close to what it shouldve been, i changed my bore size and all my problems disappeared.

Thats just my experiences with LX's. I'm sure some people have had experiences opposite of mine, but when you know what youre doing with a LX, its so close in reliability to eyes, that it doesn't matter.

Also
I could be wrong, but i remember reading something where Tom Kaye said that hybrid mode was more or less an unanticipated result of keeping the electronics of the emag turned on while switching it to manual mode. Something AGD didn't necessarily plan on. But companies like bob long and SP installed those ramping boards on their guns with the SOLE PURPOSE of artificially enhancing rates of fire.

I know that doesn't change the fact that hybrid could potentially act like ramping, but if you wanna look at it from an ethical standpoint, it could make a difference. Personally, thats why i don't bring it up when the topic of ramping comes up.
Thats all just my 2 cents.

i dont think its "retarded" because thats a poor use of the term.

but do i laugh at someones stupidity when i hear someone say it?

hell yea!

from now on, "Agg" shall be deemed "dee dee dee" so as to not offend our obviously more intellectual friends with mental illnesses.
haha sorry, i was being very inconsiderate. :dance: