PDA

View Full Version : Could I use this Tank?

confusedxpanda
04-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Im new to the nitrogen thing and I was curious could i use a:

PMI Pure Energy Fixed N2 Tank - 48ci 3000psi
PMI Pure Energy Fixed N2 Tank - 72ci 3000psi
Worrgames Preset N2 Tank - 50ci 3000psi

Is thei a difference? Can I use any of them in like a mag like an X Mag or Paradigm Pro?

Thanks
cheers!

only have these choices b/c friend is giving me one :)

Arstron
04-13-2006, 09:40 AM
As long as they all are high output tanks (600 psi+), then yes any of them will work. The main diffrence is the first number (CI.) says how much air it can hold and the second number is the max preasure the tank can be filled to. The bigger the first number, the heavier the tank as well. I would recomend the WGP tank, I had better luck with them over PMI.

Lohman446
04-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Im new to the nitrogen thing and I was curious could i use a:

PMI Pure Energy Fixed N2 Tank - 48ci 3000psi
PMI Pure Energy Fixed N2 Tank - 72ci 3000psi
Worrgames Preset N2 Tank - 50ci 3000psi

Is thei a difference? Can I use any of them in like a mag like an X Mag or Paradigm Pro?

Thanks
cheers!

only have these choices b/c friend is giving me one :)

Ok, a quick primer on N2 tanks

Fixed / Adjustable - Fixed tanks are a set output, you cannot adjust them. They are available generally in either high (650-900PSI) or low (300-450PSI). The exact output will vary from tank to tank and from manufacturer to manufacturer. You need a high output to properly run a mag. Adjustable tanks are able to be adjusted by the user, generally the same way a reg is.

XX Ci - this is the number, in cubic inches, that the tank will hold of air. The size of the tank you will

XXXXPSI - generally 3,000; 4,500; or in some cases 5,000. This is the amount of pressure you can put into the tank. Some fields can fill to 4500, some cannot.

The other consideration is the material of the tank - some are made of steel, some of carbon fiber wrapped aluminum. The carbon fibre wrapped tanks will be lighter, generally have a five year life span before tehy have to be hydrotested (compare to generally 3 for steel). They will also be more expensive.

Assuming those are high pressure output tanks any should work fine for you.

Asym
04-13-2006, 09:49 AM
As long as those presets are high pressure output regs you can use any of them. Preset regs come as low pressure lower than 400PSI, and high pressure higher than 800PSI outputs. Classic valved mags require 600+ PSI, and retro/RT/Emag/X valves should have around 800+ PSI to run them.

Rule of thumb is 10 shots per CI for 3k tanks. Mags are close to that, sometimes a hair less. Also know that once you hit around 1000PSI left in the tank you don't have many shots left, mechanical mags don't shoot deep into the tank, this is also another reason you sometimes can't get 10 shots per CI. Mags also recharge faster and are more reactive with a higher input preasure.

I bought my tanks from TK and used new PMI Pure Energy regs on them and they work fine on both my classic and emag valves, so they are basically PMI 68ci 3000 tanks.