PDA

View Full Version : This is annoying...how long til i can play?

PBCapo
04-13-2006, 01:50 PM
I broke my big toe last night haha...yea i don't like stairs, no big deal...anyway does anyone know how long it takes til i'll be able to run full speed without shooting pains?

Lohman446
04-13-2006, 01:55 PM
I broke my big toe last night haha...yea i don't like stairs, no big deal...anyway does anyone know how long it takes til i'll be able to run full speed without shooting pains?

Play tomorrow :)

Dryden
04-13-2006, 02:04 PM
anyway does anyone know how long it takes til i'll be able to run full speed without shooting pains?By "shooting pains" are we talking about the toe, or you getting lit up and dropping to the fetal position because you can't run fast enough? :p

PBCapo
04-13-2006, 02:08 PM
By "shooting pains" are we talking about the toe, or you getting lit up and dropping to the fetal position because you can't run fast enough? :p

lol i hate you

SteelSoul
04-13-2006, 02:09 PM
A while
I did the same thing and it was 6 weeks before the pain stopped.
In the mean time try to wear a stiff shoe, it is the only thing that helps. If you cant bend the toe it will heal quicker. One thing to think about, I didnt go to a doc and know I cannot bend my big toe, seems the joint fused.
Peace

SS

MisterBones25
04-13-2006, 02:38 PM
i sugest going to the doctor and having it checked out, theres nothing worse for you than neglecting your feet. my mother broke her toe a while back and didnt go to the doctor, now they have to preform surgery on the toe she broke.

Stealth Fighter
04-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Definately go to the doctor and you could start playing immediately.

Given. Your new best friend will be 20 mg of Vicadin.

rkjunior303
04-13-2006, 02:43 PM
broken toe?

suck it up.

i used to get chronic ingrown toe nails on both of my big toes -- talk about painful. I eventually got sick of going to the doctors for them and just dealt with them myself. Be a MAN!!!

SCpoloRicker
04-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Long story short - partially collapsed lung, brusied ribs, brusied? spleen, and severely sprained ankle - oh yeh, and lots of road rash. You should have seen the look the doctor gave me when I asked him if it was ok to play paintball tomorrow.

And you've got a broken toe!?! ;)

Lohman446
04-13-2006, 03:08 PM
And you've got a broken toe!?! ;)

Hehe... I can say it wasn't the best I have ever played

NeoApollo
04-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Just play back center and you're good to freakin' go!

Lohman446
04-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Just play back center and you're good to freakin' go!

That's harder to do than one would think when your used to playing front.

/People laugh when you crawl to your bunker during a move

zeevann
04-13-2006, 05:40 PM
he u could jujst break ur legs like me then u won't have to worry about walking at all :p

LinearGoose
04-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Look in between you legs and if you have a penis you will be ok.

PBCapo
04-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Look in between you legs and if you have a penis you will be ok.

i hate you too...i thought we were friends goose

PBCapo
04-14-2006, 02:10 PM
I can't get it checkd out til monday unless i go to the hospital...anyone think that would be necessary? my gf's dad just said it could get gangrenous...is that just a ridiculous comment or is that possible?

PBCapo
04-15-2006, 08:28 AM
?

professor_chaos
04-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Go to the doctor. There is a difference in being macho and be stupid (sometimes a very thin line) but if you seriously think you have a broken toe then go get it checked out. Worst thing that can happen is that you have to get a couple pins put in your toe and you will be back to your normal self in around a month. Or you can do nothing and if it is broke the bone will eventually start growing to another bone and you won't be able to walk normal w/o a more serious surgery. Just my 2 cents.

PBCapo
04-15-2006, 06:32 PM
well its easter tomorrow, i'll go monday....thats cool i guess?

professor_chaos
04-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Gangrene is possible with an insufficent supply of blood to the toe, gangrene forms when muscle and tissue start to die off. As long as blood is still getting to your toe (push on the end of your toe then let off and see how long it takes to turn from white back to its normal color, shouldnt take more than a few seconds) your toe should be fine till monday.

PBCapo
04-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Gangrene is possible with an insufficent supply of blood to the toe, gangrene forms when muscle and tissue start to die off. As long as blood is still getting to your toe (push on the end of your toe then let off and see how long it takes to turn from white back to its normal color, shouldnt take more than a few seconds) your toe should be fine till monday.

my toe is pretty white to begin with but if i give it a little squeeze til its red, then push on the end, it goes back to white in 2-3 seconds...thanks again man

Coralis
04-15-2006, 08:04 PM
what id worry more about is the bone start to fuse back together and the doc having to break it again to reset it . :wow:

PBCapo
04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
true...but i prefer pain over amputation and pain lol

Lohman446
04-15-2006, 08:28 PM
open the front of your toe, if it bleeds well and looks like clean blood there is likely nothing to be concerned with tonight. Whats the worst that will happen, they'll have to rebreak the toe Monday