PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable tanks?

xtreme paintball
04-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Are there any companies left (besides Nitroduck) that still manufacture adjustable tanks? It seems that they're all preset anymore, and generally at 850 psi, which starves our integrated regs. :cuss:

Well, anyone know of any others? I run an old-style Max-Flo now, but it will need replacing soon. The new ones are all preset, and come without a freakin tank. Whats that about?

Anyhoo, get back to me

Lohman446
04-13-2006, 06:32 PM
850PSI does not starve a mag valve.

SP still makes an adjustable tank. Centerflag still makes an adjustable tank. Evil still makes an adjustable tank. Empire still makes an adjustable tank.

Z-man
04-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Are there any companies left (besides Nitroduck) that still manufacture adjustable tanks? It seems that they're all preset anymore, and generally at 850 psi, which starves our integrated regs. :cuss:

Well, anyone know of any others? I run an old-style Max-Flo now, but it will need replacing soon. The new ones are all preset, and come without a freakin tank. Whats that about?

Anyhoo, get back to me
Ya it appears that is the rout the paintball market is taking. The only marker that really gets anything out of a high pressure output reg is the RT valve. In my position I would go for either a Centerflag DynaFlow tank or an inline style Max-Flo. I am certanly sure that you can get all the replacement parts for either tank system. Long term I think the days of adjustable high output tank regs is coming to an end.

buzzboy
04-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Keep the tank you have and get a Flatline reg. I've never used one but everybody says they are the ****.

xtreme paintball
04-13-2006, 07:35 PM
850PSI does not starve a mag valve.

SP still makes an adjustable tank. Centerflag still makes an adjustable tank. Evil still makes an adjustable tank. Empire still makes an adjustable tank.

Well, if Im wrong about starving the reg, then Im wrong. That was information I received on AO at some point. At what pressure is the reg starved?

Im pretty sure you're wrong about SP. The only reg they seem to be manufacturing is the Max-flo Micro which is preset. There may be older, adjustables available for purchase, but they are no longer being manufactured.

Also, after a little research, I think the Empre Fuel may have been discontinued. It is unavailable at any of the online retailers I searched at and the Empire sity doesnt have them listed in their store anymore.

You were right, on the other hand, about the Evil and Centerflag tanks. Thanks for the info, even if your reply did seem somewhat curt.

Keep the tank you have and get a Flatline reg. I've never used one but everybody says they are the ****.

Unfortunately, I only have a 68/3000, and I want to upgrade to an 88/45.

frischtr
04-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Well, you could pick up an AA Apocalypse... AA is gone, but there are plenty of parts kits out there, and a lot of people who know how they work...

BigEvil
04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately, I only have a 68/3000, and I want to upgrade to an 88/45.

Tuna has 88/4500 Flatlines I think. I know he has the regs and installs them, not 100% sure about tanks. I bet he could get one if you wanted. The only bad thing is they are pricey.

Z-man
04-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Starving the RT valve is a 2 pronged problem

1- (most common) The output pressure is too low 750psi is about as low as you can go without having serious issues.

2- The recharge rate of the tank reg (or an inline reg before the RT valve) is too slow. What I mean is that if the reg is not able to refill the volume of air that was used up from the previous shot before the next one is fire you will get dropoff on your shots. Most commonly this is observed with CO2 tanks when you shoot off long strings of shots and can hear/see the shots fall shorter and shorter.

Most preset and adjustable tanks will work with the RT valve as long as they are 800-850psi+ and you are not shooting more than 18-20bps I estimate.

warbeak2099
04-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow, Zman is back. Woot, my day, which has been going quite swimmingly, just got even better.

And yeah, I'm looking into getting an adjustable too. I've abandoned my Arachnamag project for now, and I put the regular sear back in my gun. It's mech again. I think the best bet for us is to find one used. There are some great prices out there too. AA and Centerflag tanks going for like $150 used. That's 4500psi too.

Chronobreak
04-13-2006, 09:28 PM
how come no one mentioned a flatline?

great adjustable with great recharge rate

NoLifeLeft
04-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Uh... The flatline has been mentioned a couple of times already. :confused:

I've beeen using a 90/4500 Dynaflow for a while and I've been very pleased with it.
All of my tanks are Centerflag now. :headbang:

xtreme paintball
04-14-2006, 10:33 AM
how come no one mentioned a flatline?

great adjustable with great recharge rate

The reason is that the Flatline, like the SP Max-flo Micro, isonly available as a reglulator without a tank, and I have no 4500 tank to put it on.

Aslan
04-22-2006, 12:34 PM
What would be the difference in price of a:

Centerflag 68/4500 adjustable Dynaflow

OR

buying a 68/4500 tank (ACI or Crossfire or whatever) and adding the flatline to it.

What would be the range (used to new). Just wondering.

jenarelJAM
04-22-2006, 12:52 PM
The reason is that the Flatline, like the SP Max-flo Micro, isonly available as a reglulator without a tank, and I have no 4500 tank to put it on.
Talk to tunaman. I bought my flatline off of him. At the time, he only had 91/45's and 45/45's to put the regs on. I took a 45/45, which works perfect for me.

xtreme paintball
04-22-2006, 06:22 PM
What would be the difference in price of a:

Centerflag 68/4500 adjustable Dynaflow

OR

buying a 68/4500 tank (ACI or Crossfire or whatever) and adding the flatline to it.

What would be the range (used to new). Just wondering.

Well, if I did this, it would be an 88, not a 68.

About $225 for the Centerflag 88/45

VS

$170 for PMI 88/45 + $175 for Flatline reg
= $345

jenarelJAM
04-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Flatline reg + Tank was around $300 from Tunaman, for me. Call and ask, he has the best deals ANYWHERE.

Aslan
04-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Sounds like even at Tuna prices of $300, the Dynaflow is less expensive.

That can't be right though...$225? Isn't that what a new, non-adjustable Crossfire or Nitro Duck tank goes far?