PDA

View Full Version : mag wont fire

Munnin
04-13-2006, 07:19 PM
my mag was running pretty well, but had a leak down the barrel.
so i ordered a parts kit, and decided to replace everything as i dont think the gun has been used sence ~95.

well theres no more leak.... but the gun dosnt even fire, it gasses up, the trigger rod goes forward, but it dosnt fire.(tried ajusting velocity too)

i tried to consult the video for clues, but it offered no sugestions (was the lvl 6.5 they were using in the video outdated? my gun has a spacer in the power tube instead of the spring that toms gun had)

anyone know what i did to my minimag :confused:

love that video though.... im thinkin about watching it again, its so funny :-D

paintman1142
04-13-2006, 07:32 PM
possibly may have the wronge spacer.

athomas
04-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Did you put the on-off top in the right side up? The X goes towards the outside of the valve (bottom of the gun).

Check that you didn't get an extra oring in the on-off top.

Check that the sear pin didn't get dislodged when the gun was apart.

Make sure the rail bushing is in place.

Dryden
04-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Can you even pull the trigger? Does the trigger rod behind the trigger move when you do it? Is there a little resistance or a lot on the trigger?

Munnin
04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Can you even pull the trigger? Does the trigger rod behind the trigger move when you do it? Is there a little resistance or a lot on the trigger?

the trigger pulls with about the same force as it would take to normaly shoot, but nothing happens.

whats a rail bushing?

my on/off top is devoid of all Xs, later model? its got 4 holes drilled in like |o| (side view)

gezak
04-15-2006, 01:12 AM
I had the same problem with my classic minimag up untill today. I shortened the seer rod a little and it started shooting again...of course on the first shot the powerfeed broke off the mainbody but hey..at least it shoots now right?

shades
04-15-2006, 06:07 AM
I had the same problem with my classic minimag up untill today. I shortened the seer rod a little and it started shooting again...of course on the first shot the powerfeed broke off the mainbody but hey..at least it shoots now right?

Theres a life lesson for ya. Murphy's law never fails to amaze me.

athomas
04-15-2006, 08:25 AM
the trigger pulls with about the same force as it would take to normaly shoot, but nothing happens.

whats a rail bushing?

my on/off top is devoid of all Xs, later model? its got 4 holes drilled in like |o| (side view)

A rail bushing is an insert that fits into the hole where the field strip screw holds the valve in place. It prevents the valve from moving forward and back, thus maintaining tighter tolerances.

It sounds like you have one of the newer universal on-off tops. There is no up or down so you can't accidentally put it in upside down.

Check the distance between the trigger rod and the back of the trigger when the gun is aired up and the trigger is forward. There should be a tiny gap (approximately a credit card thickness). If there is no gap, it could mean that the on-off pin isn't alowed to open and charge the front chamber. If the gap is too large, the trigger may not be able to push the sear back far enough to release the bolt.

Have you checked that the sear pin didn't get pushed out of place. Make sure it is down tight in the rail.

Ratzo
04-15-2006, 09:25 AM
I had that problem when I changed my O-rings, but all I did was oil it and "poof" magic it was working again.

Munnin
04-16-2006, 09:05 AM
allright, i tried oiling, the bushing is in place i think, the sear wasnt out of place and i tired unscrewing the trigger stop on my chimera frame to see if it just needed a longer pull, none of it woked. are there any key areas i should oil? i did the springpack in the reg, a few drops in the ASA, and the power tube

is it possible the gun just isnt getting enough pressure? im not sure how full my 20oz is, i played with it all day on a sniper II with a slow leak that got progressivly worse throughout the day..... ill try hooking up a diffrent tank in a min.

edit: *cough cough* yea, that was it, the other tank had a burst oring, but it did fire wile spewing out gas from the asa :rolleyes:
thanks for the help guys

athomas
04-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Glad to hear you got it going. Its quite often the simplest things that we overlook.