PDA

View Full Version : Emax and X??

RavishingEddie
04-14-2006, 03:48 AM
I just wanted to know why there is an Emax and an "X" valve. Are they the same? Is one older than the other? Just curious as to why the name change.

rifleman wi
04-14-2006, 06:51 AM
the emax valve is exactly the same as the x valve, just a diffrent logo. i think the emax valves were made special for some emags, ive noticed most of tunamans emags have the emax valve..

athomas
04-14-2006, 06:52 AM
A few Xvalves were laser engraved as Emax just as a novelty when the Xvalves first came out in the emags.

magman007
04-14-2006, 10:48 AM
when the xvalve was released, agd laser engraved them for each marker, for example there was an RTX valve, an Emax, an Xmag, and the X valve, much like the retro valves. Agd soon found it was not cost effective to do this, and switched to just the X you see today.

Rudz
04-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I got my emax valve with my tunamax...

RavishingEddie
04-14-2006, 10:34 PM
I got my emax valve with my tunamax...

Well, I have two of them one says just has X and the other Emax. Is there any value difference if I keep one instead of the other??

Rudz
04-14-2006, 11:18 PM
mayb e if tuna suddenly stopped making tunamaxxes, then maybe..plus if the valve is custom annod to match a marker, id def try and keep the set together..i believe tuna only does custom anno valves on custom order markers..

REDRT
04-14-2006, 11:31 PM
when the xvalve was released, agd laser engraved them for each marker, for example there was an RTX valve, an Emax, an Xmag, and the X valve, much like the retro valves. Agd soon found it was not cost effective to do this, and switched to just the X you see today.

I'd like to see a pic of a RTX valve for proof that they do exist. I've never seen one myself. Nor can I remember seeing one that says Xmag for that matter. I finally got an Emax for my emag. :dance:

Well, I have two of them one says just has X and the other Emax. Is there any value difference if I keep one instead of the other??
I don't think so, but the Emax is less generic.

rifleman wi
04-15-2006, 02:40 AM
I'd like to see a pic of a RTX valve for proof that they do exist. I've never seen one myself. Nor can I remember seeing one that says Xmag for that matter. I finally got an Emax for my emag. :dance:

ask and you shall recieve.. this was my old emag before i sold it..

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1998/redemag7jz.png (http://imageshack.us)

trev_pbller
04-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Lol, yes an RTX valve does exist. I had one on my RT Pro. I have a pretty nifty valve- probably only one I've ever seen. It's orange, Emaxxxx, and it has a nice Tuna fish on it ;).

REDRT
04-15-2006, 04:16 PM
So it does. They must be plenty limited. One just don't see one of them ever.