PDA

View Full Version : Paintball on ESPN (PTI)

sbpyro
04-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Just caught the replay of PTI and you had one guy who doesn't know anything about paintball trying to bash it while they were showing what looked like some random rec play on a field (not an airball field) . Leave it to frickin kornheiser to try to bash it. (I'm already pissed that they selected him to be part of the announcing team for Monday Night footbal this year, especially since he had admitted to never ever staying up for MNF.) Unfortunately the guy trying to put a good spin on it could only say that it hurts to be shot by paintballs.

Well at least in the video clip everyone was wearing proper protective equipment. (Good lord I sound like the safety poster at work)

bentothejam1n
04-14-2006, 06:33 PM
how was he trying to bash it?

kenndogg
04-15-2006, 03:10 AM
he didn't "bash" it, he just said it was boring to watch and needed a way to market paintball on television so more people could get in to it. Let's be honest people watching paintball is boring if you don't play it. We ballers watch and enjoy it b/c we play it and understand it and recognized the "stars". Your average joe won't and will think it's boring.
Hell I even saw the U.S. Paintball Championship on ESPN2 and thought it was quite boring myself.
Ask your average sports fan who Brett Farve or LeBron James or Barry Bonds is and they'll more than likely know who they are.
Now ask the same question about Lasoya, Bob Long, Ollie Lang and you'll probably get a blank stare.

hobbesTZ
04-15-2006, 09:33 AM
I think that shows like PB2x are entertaining, as are videos like Jawwbraker because you only see the action and you also get a good mix of seeing the new products on the market which is probably everyones favorite part anyway. However, lately I've found I like the UAPL. The announcing is always awful, but I think the action is good because a lot of the times you get to see spontanious breaks and the action goes quick since it's 3-man on a tiny field with a bunch of pros who are most likely allowed to ramp to keep it more interesting. I've noticed most teams just run 2 people in the back and send one up, but it's kinda hard when those are the only tall bunkers on the field.

DarkMag722
04-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Ya bro what was up with that they dissed paintball so bad. Thats bs. I enjoyed watching it and will watch it every Monday and sometimes the re runs. They said it was boring probably because they cant follow it or dont understand it. w/e. GO XSV!

Coralis
04-15-2006, 11:57 AM
I was watching a replay of a Nppl tourney on ESPN 2 yesterday all I can say if all pro ball is played like this it needs to be bashed. I saw someone get busted for wiping, a dead player shoot out a member of the opposing team, bonus balling big time, and lot of overall bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship , then again I guess it wasnt different than any other professional sport.

mr. right-wing
04-15-2006, 12:46 PM
The problem with paintball is it's not established enough. It just doesn't have the entenisty of a sport like foortball yet...NOT saying it won't in the near future, but for right now it's just not as exciting to watch. An off topic example would be I went to an archery competition not long ago. Now, I love archery. Been shooting archery for a long time now, but it is just BORING to watch. Paintball is much more exciting, and has more of a chance of becoming a really popular sport. It's still in it's infancy stages, soon we too will have our time. Just my .02 cents.