PDA

View Full Version : New Minimag with a problem...help

OldManAndAGD
12-18-2001, 02:50 AM
Hello everyone. Just got a minimag a few days ago. As I was shooting it in the backyard I noticed that when I lightly press on the trigger (but without firing), some air leaks...somewhere by the bolt or the front part of the marker. But when I pull the trigger all the way it shoots normally but with less force. I don't know if I make any sense. Please tell me there's nothing wrong with my marker! If there is, then please tell me how I can fix it. This is my first Mag and my first marker so I'm not too knowledgable. (This is also my first post...how cool!!!) Anyways, can anyone help me???? Thank you in advance.

Thordic
12-18-2001, 08:29 AM
You are probably just letting air escape from the air chamber without letting the bolt release. That means less pressure behind the bolt, which will mean less force.

Just remember to pull the trigger all the way back every time you put pretty on the trigger rod, and you'll be fine. It sounds like its normal to me.

If you aren't applying much pressure to the trigger (it should have a few pounds of resistance) you may have a problem with worn parts (sear, bolt) or something to that effect, but it sounds normal.

PyRo
12-18-2001, 02:03 PM
Hmm thats not normall... I have to beat throdic with some warp hose later for saying that.
Try differant PT spacers.

BlackVCG
12-18-2001, 02:20 PM
The problem is the PT spacer is slightly too long. Degas the gun and remove the valve. Take the bolt and spring off the front of the valve and then you'll see the powertube. Unscrew the brass tip with a coin and inside will be a brass spacer and then an o-ring under it. Look at that spacer and on the outside will be a three digit number. It will probably say .230 or .225. Get a powertube spacer kit and install one that's the next size smaller than the one in the valve right now. That should allow you to pull it through the full trigger motion without it leaking. You can get PT spacer kits at the AGD Online Store.

Thordic
12-18-2001, 02:54 PM
ignore me.. i didnt get enough sleep last night and read the question wrong.

but im still gonna kick pyro for rubbing it in before...

/me kicks pyro in the jimmy

PyRo
12-18-2001, 04:02 PM
/me throws a PhaseII at throdic

Army
12-18-2001, 04:18 PM
AHAAA! Pyro finally finds a good use for ANS parts!!

OldManAndAGD, Co2? Nitrogen? If Co2, be sure the tank is full. If nitro and preset, be sure the tank is also full. If nitro with an adjustable valve, be sure your tanks' output is at least 800psi-850psi.

If you don't have enough air pressure, you can easily pull the trigger and cause it to leak.

If none of the above applies, then go with the PT spacers as BlackVCG advised.

OldManAndAGD
12-18-2001, 05:24 PM
First off, thank you to those that replied. I am running a present Crossfire 68/4500 HPA tank, if that helps with diagnosing my problem. The tank was half full ( or half empty!!!) when the leak occurred. Let me try to explain my problem again....When I put alittle pressure on the trigger, air leaks out. But when I pull the trigger it fires with less force or just doesn't fire at all. Well, I'll try all of the advice that's posted. And I ordered the spacer kit.
Last thing, would it be ok to play with it anyways? Thanx again for the help!!!!

PyRo
12-18-2001, 08:43 PM
The tank was holding 50% of its maximum capacity :) I'm nuetral :)
It would be ok to play with, just make sure when chronoing you pull the trigger back fast, so your not shooting hot when your pulling fast on the field.