and i cant even get the RT valve apart

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/white91formula/DSCF1100.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/white91formula/DSCF1099.jpg

mobsterboy
04-14-2006, 08:41 PM
how much did you buy it for?

Z-man
04-14-2006, 08:45 PM
oh man.... that is not even an RT valve. that is a classic valve... with some crazy trigger mod. Hope you got it cheap or can get your money back (but I bet not eh? :(

mobsterboy
04-14-2006, 08:48 PM
oh man.... that is not even an RT valve. that is a classic valve... with some crazy trigger mod. Hope you got it cheap or can get your money back (but I bet not eh? :(

first pic left top corner theres an rt valve
otherwise he wouldnt have stated he couldnt get it apart

MoeMag
04-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Some sort of home made autoresponse trigger...

new gripframe and sear
new this...
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=34

and you might be good to go.

good luck
:cheers:

st6212
04-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Looks like the feed tubes been chopped and they used a black marker to try and hide the scratches on the body.

Fortunately, its a mag. You'll get it back up and running in no time.

Stealth Fighter
04-14-2006, 09:56 PM
:wow: I hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for that.

If the RT Valve has a star on it, I would ship it to AGD and let them get it into working condition, then tinker with it and oil it back to respectable condition.

www.lukescustoms.com could get you a great deal on a powder coat job for the body and rail if you want it repainted.

There are a few frames out there right now for the mag, my personal favorite the "Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frame" at logicpaintball.com isn't being made anymore and is a hybrid. P.M. CoolHand if you want to order one of his last vert. frames. (Coolhand runs and owns logicpaintball.com, but you won't find a place to order the vert. frames on his site.) If you go 45 style, magsmith.com made a ULF (milled out intelliframe). And of course the Intelliframe by AGD. Or you could just get a carbon fiber frame in the B/S/T forum for about $20.

You will be hard pressed to find anymore twistlock barrels anymore as they aren't hardly manufactured anymore. But if you look around you should find some nice ones.

Thats my $.02

P.S.- the Classic valve probably has 3 stars and the RT valve probably has 1 star so the guy probably said it had 4 stars.

kickass68mag
04-14-2006, 10:45 PM
the rt valve has no stars and the clasic vlave only has one....

i paid $163 shipped for it all, but i am going to get my money back this is ridiculous

Stealth Fighter
04-14-2006, 10:51 PM

i paid $163 shipped for it all, but i am going to get my money back this is ridiculous

OHHH, Man. :mad: I would be one mad mother......

Definately get your money back or make him pay for AGD maintence on both valves and paint the body.

kickass68mag
04-14-2006, 11:16 PM
ok guys what can i get for this thing ? if i part it out ?

what i have thats possibly worth anything

rail, hasnt been touched comes witih free hacked up body and custom trigger frame attached since i cant get them apart :ninja:

rt valve with lvl 10

classic valve with 1 star so you can send it back and get it workin glike new again

dye 14inch barrell

wahwt are they worth ? i guess ill just try and part it out and make some of my money back, im not hearing back from this guy and im not very happy so i guess i will just make the best of the situation....

i dont want this turning into a classifieds thread, i just wnat to see what i can get for the parts.... if you are interested in something dont post in here, just pm me or something

and i will put these up in the classifieds board once i figure out what i want for everything

keith

kickass68mag
04-14-2006, 11:34 PM
ok i got the retro valve apart with a little convincing.. dont worry didnt break anything.... as far as that valve goes it seems to check out so it should be good to go i guess

REDRT
04-14-2006, 11:49 PM

Just for future referance. The rt valves do not have stars lazer etched in them like the classic valves. They do however have a two star warranty policy.

FinchMan
04-14-2006, 11:59 PM
If the RT valve does come with a lvl10 bolt, you should be able to sell it and at least break even.

kickass68mag
04-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Just for future referance. The rt valves do not have stars lazer etched in them like the classic valves. They do however have a two star warranty policy.

should i call agd to find out if there is any left on it ? and will they fix and or tune the level 10 thats in it if i send it in ?

REDRT
04-15-2006, 12:33 AM
should i call agd to find out if there is any left on it ? and will they fix and or tune the level 10 thats in it if i send it in ?

Well to be honest. Reading the warranty policy. The valve might be fine to send in, but the rest of the marker isn't. The mods it has may DQ it at AGD. If the valve was out of warranty it would cost 65 in the continental US plus certain parts not covered under the warranty. I'd decide what you want to do and either put something together and try airing it up to see what it might need doing it yourself or bail out of this project. You got a Rt valve w/level 10 going for you. The rest of it is a tad lack luster. You should be able to part off the few parts that are good to recoupe the money you spent or plan on spending more piecing together a respectable marker.

Stealth Fighter
04-15-2006, 12:38 AM

That sounds like a plan.
Once you get it back, clean it real good inside and out, then oil it and you got yourself a $150 valve.

The body is salvagable if you put some time into it. It will require some sanding, then some buffing, then $15 in powdercoat at lukescustom.com (there might be someplace else, but luke knows what he is doing and at a good price I might add).

You could probably do the same for the rail.

Then I would send in the classic valve to get it fixed AGD, then clean it up good inside and out, oil it, and attempt to get about $50-$60 toward a new frame. It should go for $50-$60 no problem on the B/S/T forums, just tell them there is no stars because it just got back from AGD maintenance and you cleaned it and oiled it real well.

That should leave you with a nice RT valve, cleaned up and powdercoated body, and money toward a frame. Looks like a good start.

P.S.- The only thing I could think of for that frame was the closest trash can.

kickass68mag
04-15-2006, 12:45 AM
im gonna take the main body to wrok and sand blast it (i work in a machine shop) and clean up the cut on the feed tub and it should be good to go... ill sand blast the rail and polish it up so it looks like chrome

as far as the valves go, ill call agd on monday and see what they can do for me

ill prolly just sell everything and look for something else that i dont have to waste alot of money on

Stealth Fighter
04-15-2006, 12:50 AM
im gonna take the main body to wrok and sand blast it (i work in a machine shop) and clean up the cut on the feed tub and it should be good to go... ill sand blast the rail and polish it up so it looks like chrome

as far as the valves go, ill call agd on monday and see what they can do for me

ill prolly just sell everything and look for something else that i dont have to waste alot of money on

You could possibly make a profit on it. If you get that RT valve up and running in good condition, you might be able to make a run at $150 for it. In all actuality, it would probably end up costing you $60 more if you kept the RT valve and sold the classic valve for $50 to $60 dollars.

SpitFire1299
04-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Ive got a sear, pin, and trigger frame for sale if your interested.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195375

:)

mobsterboy
04-15-2006, 04:07 PM
no, moemag might be onto something there...
try it out once you get any of the valves working. Autoresponse then is like the illegal ramping today. It gave you a shot for pulling it, then a shot for releasing, so back 5 years ago, that thing was a prized possesion for players who liked to lay down paint

i'll search for the autoresponse and see about a pic. Did you get grips with it? Was this ebay? Link?

kickass68mag
04-15-2006, 10:18 PM
yes it had grips and thats exactly what it is, autoresponse... one shot for pull and one for release

i contacted the seller and explained to him my concerns and he is willing to give me back my money for it, so i am just going to do that instead of trying to part it out or fix it... now its just time to look for something else

mobsterboy
04-15-2006, 10:23 PM
NOOOOO
autoresponse frames are uber rare

do some research before you take the refund

Steelrat
04-15-2006, 10:51 PM
I'd take the refund and look at our BST. You'll pay a bit more, but if you choose carefully you'll end up with something that you can play with, rather than something you have to part out or repair.