PDA

View Full Version : About ramping (chip) logic...

punkncat
04-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Awright, I have only owned two ramping boards. One was a rebound board and my new G7 has ramping as well. So I am not terribly familiar with at what point and to what limit all boards kick in, but can only assume they are all the same if not quite similar in what I am asking....now to that.

The(G7) first two shots are semi, and on the third shot it adds up to 3 shots per pull to a max rate of 15BPS. AFTER you achieve the ramping, at what point does the logic cut off trigger pulls in the next firing cycle?

In other words, lets say you are actually walking the trigger at 12BPS. When it starts ramping, you will actually pull 2 trigger pulls during the 3 shots that have been activated by the first pull in that ramp cycle. At the beginning of the next cycle (say the 4th ball in that ramp) you pull the trigger again and stop immediatly. Is the marker going to finish its other two shots (5,6) AND go ahead and shoot the next activated cycle(7,8,9) from that third pull?

As another for instance, lets say you are actually fast enough to pull 3 times at the same rate its ramping....not saying that I or anyone else actually is...will the marker shoot 9 balls even though you stopped pulling at the end of the third? Or does the logic look for the next pull AFTER its finished shooting 3 balls from the first opportunity it was programmed to see and ramp.

Sorry I know its kinda hard to read through, but I didn't know how else to put it.

* on edit *
I know that the ramping resets itself after registering no pulls within one second. I know that to keep it kicked in I only have to pull at a very slow BPS...thats not what I am asking...adding this to avoid confusion

VFX_Fenix
04-15-2006, 10:36 AM
As I understand it a trigger pull durring a burst cylce will terminate that cycle and start a new one. So <...., pull, shot, shot, pull, shot, shot, shot.