PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 installation on RetroValve

Demp1404
04-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi, I was wondering why I couldnt get my level 10 installed on my retrovalve. I have tried everything on it, do I need a ULT for it to work with my classic 68 mag with retrovalve? Let me know what you guys suggest.

Thanks

rb211
04-15-2006, 11:05 AM
How is it not working? Need a little more info......

Demp1404
04-15-2006, 04:01 PM
How is it not working? Need a little more info......

Hi, Thanks for your concern, I used the quick install on automags.org The right carriers either leaked and I couldnt get it to stop or it wouldnt leak and couldnt shoot. I turned up the velocity higher and higher and it still didnt shoot. I cant figure the thing out and was wondering if someone could install it for me. People tell me I have to have a ULT kit for the retrovalve to work with a lvl X bolt.

Thanks

hobbesTZ
04-15-2006, 05:29 PM
It doesn't matter what on/off you use. It's OK for a carrier oring to leak until it breaks in. After about 200 shots or so it should either stop or lessen and you can drop down one carrier size.

Tunaman
04-15-2006, 06:32 PM
It doesn't matter what on/off you use. It's OK for a carrier oring to leak until it breaks in. After about 200 shots or so it should either stop or lessen and you can drop down one carrier size.nonono. It should not leak until MAYBE after a half a case or so. It may never leak if adjusted right. Fit the carrier with oring on the end of the bolt stem. It should be just snug.

rb211
04-15-2006, 06:53 PM
ULT not necessary, listen to Tuna, make sure that you havent (or dont) pinch the little black o-ring around the outside of the carrier(s), and oil the heck out of it while you are testing carriers. Tuning them can be a pain, it might take you a couple of air fills, but trust me, you will love it once you get it working right.

Demp1404
04-15-2006, 07:02 PM
ULT not necessary, listen to Tuna, make sure that you havent (or dont) pinch the little black o-ring around the outside of the carrier(s), and oil the heck out of it while you are testing carriers. Tuning them can be a pain, it might take you a couple of air fills, but trust me, you will love it once you get it working right.

Thanks guys, I can't get it to shoot no matter if it leaks or doesn't leak, what kind of oil should I use in the O-Rings. I have pneumatic oil from my tippmann. I also have oil from my Ion. Thanks again. Why doesn't it shoot though? If it leaks, it doesnt shoot, if it doesnt leak it still doesnt shoot.

Thanks and please respond asap. I have been trying for two weeks on this thing.

Thanks again.

shades
04-15-2006, 08:50 PM
I have a LVL 10 in my mini mag if the feild strip screw is too tight it binds on my barrel. Try loosening your field strip screw 1/4 turn then if no try another 1/4 turn. if not then Do not loosen it any more.

paintman1142
04-15-2006, 09:21 PM
what also may be happening is your trigger rod may have become to short, find a caliper or someone with one and find out what the AGD specs are for the trigger rod length that may be as well, also check to see if the part of the seer that catches the bolt (the part of the front that is angled back to the front like this ---> / ), and make sure that the point is not rounded.

Demp1404
04-15-2006, 09:54 PM
what also may be happening is your trigger rod may have become to short, find a caliper or someone with one and find out what the AGD specs are for the trigger rod length that may be as well, also check to see if the part of the seer that catches the bolt (the part of the front that is angled back to the front like this ---> / ), and make sure that the point is not rounded.

Hey thanks guys I will let you know what happens with your suggestions. I will respond tomorrow, please keep track of my thread.

Thanks