PDA

View Full Version : e-mag chuff / mis-fire at high rates

nate2k191
04-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey, my e-mag will chuff/mis-fire once i start shooting quickly with paint in it. I'm using a halo-b that feeds around 23bps, input psi is near 850. so any suggestions before i run out of air?

sound:

"dut dut dut .. du-du-du-du-du-chssuh. du-du-du-du-du-chssuh"

Maggot6
04-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Powerfeed or Vertical?
Hows your level 10's oil doing? How is your Level 10 doing?

nate2k191
04-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Powerfeed or Vertical?
Hows your level 10's oil doing? How is your Level 10 doing?

vert-feed subzero feedneck - oiled up too.

VFX_Fenix
04-15-2006, 08:39 PM
I'll guess at three things, and people can disagree as they see fit.

Over oiled - Though this would be more of a consistant problem with first shots not at higher ROF

Level 10 - Tuned too be too gentle

Recharge - At high ROF it could be that your tank reg is starving the valve

Having said that I'll go for one more

Velocity set too low (though this links with Level 10 tuning problems)

Clean your bolt, clean your power tube o-rings, only put oil through the ASA/CA line don't oil LX rings directly.

If that doesn't fix it.

Change carrier to one size larger, repeat as necessary until you get a leak down the barrel and the problem isn't fixed also adjusting number of spacers (try adding one more).

Return to carrier that doesn't leak or original carrier.

Change bolt spring to next lighter spring (i.e. un-cut -> cut -> L7)

And always, check your chrono after you change these things. If going to L7 spring, huge carrier, and cleaning don't get the job done and you're shooting in the 280's, clean the Valve. If that doesn't work, blow out your air line to your valve and start looking at your air system.

hobbesTZ
04-15-2006, 09:42 PM
It's happened a couple times to be lately. The first time was when I tried using my PMI tank. It would chuff at high a ROF. With my nitro duck it works fine. It was happening today when I was tuning it for a longer spring that what I had been using. Turning up the pressure fixed that.

Z-man
04-15-2006, 09:45 PM
It's happened a couple times to be lately. The first time was when I tried using my PMI tank. It would chuff at high a ROF. With my nitro duck it works fine. It was happening today when I was tuning it for a longer spring that what I had been using. Turning up the pressure fixed that.

I am tempted to blame a low flow reg. Sounds like you have 2 tanks. You say the PMI tank had the problem occure. See if you can make the nitro duck do it. If not, try the PMI tank again. I would be willing to be it happens.

Most people don't consider the tank they choose to be much of an issue as long as it says 800-850psi output. however, some regs are NOT very high flow and will NOT keep up will with the high performance RT valve.

hobbesTZ
04-15-2006, 10:08 PM
It's also worth noting that the trigger is much more reactive with the nitro duck than the PMI.

Z-man
04-15-2006, 10:32 PM
It's also worth noting that the trigger is much more reactive with the nitro duck than the PMI.
sounds like a flow rate issue to me! High flow rate tanks are mich more reactive at any pressure than a low flow tank. the only way to compensate for a low flow rate tank is to raise the output pressure. Since you cannot do that with a preset, I would suggest you nix the PMI tank.

RT valved Mags (ESPECIALLY E/X-Mags that can reach into the 18+bps range) NEED high flow regs. The RT valve is 2 different persons based on this./ With a weak preset tank it's sluggish and chuffs and has a wimpy trigger. With a high flow adjustable tank it's a MONSTER. And I DON'T mean that you have to rapid-fire to make it so. With a good tank it has a sharp, precise, instant cycle at 10bps or 20.

When building an RT Mag, the tank system is 1/2 the equation.

psychowarden
04-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I dont know if you have Shot Buffering on your software, but that is how A-Tach-one told me to fix mine, and it worked well. Set the ROF to around 15 and increase the shot buffering a bit. I was having the same problem, but its fixed now since I did that. But now my gun just wont fire due to other problems.

athomas
04-18-2006, 07:59 PM
You could have a bolt stick issue. It could be carrier based or it could be that your bolt spring is worn out. When is the last time you replaced your bolt spring?