PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Free Flow?

bsarb
04-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey Guys

I have been out of the game for a few years, and have been searching up and down for the free flow website. Everytime i go to www.4freeflow.com, it doesnt work. Have they changed? Are they no longer in business? Thanks

punkncat
04-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey Guys

I have been out of the game for a few years, and have been searching up and down for the free flow website. Everytime i go to www.4freeflow.com, it doesnt work. Have they changed? Are they no longer in business? Thanks

They went out of buisness. They sold all their stock to some outfit out of Rodchester, NY....can't remember the name. You might be able to find the info in a search.

punkncat
04-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh, and welcome to the forums!
:clap:

mobsterboy
04-15-2006, 05:16 PM
well, what didnt happen to freeflow? They sold, had a huge sale for body kits and what not, and now their warranty is basically null and void so that whole "my freeflow has life warranty" = jack squat

bsarb
04-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks punk cat :) I used to be in this forum years ago, but fell out of paintball. That sucks about free flow. I was hopeing to get my marker tuned up, but I guess i am going to be doing it myself :)

warbeak2099
04-15-2006, 08:48 PM
They were our local field in Rochester, NY. However, after Craig took over Pro Paintball (the field) and the Freeflow franchise, he ran both into the ground. The building has since been taken over by Headrush Paintball. They didn't buy Freeflow though, only the field and store buildings.

bsarb
04-17-2006, 04:11 PM
They were our local field in Rochester, NY. However, after Craig took over Pro Paintball (the field) and the Freeflow franchise, he ran both into the ground. The building has since been taken over by Headrush Paintball. They didn't buy Freeflow though, only the field and store buildings.

Man that stinks. Some people have a business mind, and then others only think they do.

And speaking of free flow, I think this marker is a Free Flow Fulcrum, but im not sure. Its been a few years since i have seen one :) Can anyone here ID it for me?

http://www.hunt101.com/img/396361.JPG (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=396361&c=500&z=1)

Indi86
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Headrush's website is www.headrush.com if you call them they still have tons of parts and bodys in stock. I was up there this weekend and they had rythem bodys for $100.

Steelrat
04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't count on ANY paintball company being around long enough to honor a "lifetime" warranty. This isn't an industry that promotes long-term viability.

evildead420
04-17-2006, 06:36 PM
they should consider the disclaimer. "life time warrenty depending if we are still alive later in time" ;)

tyrion2323
04-17-2006, 10:43 PM
HeadRush is a team sponsor of mine, and a great bunch of guys. They are working to make paintball a BIG thing here in upstate NY. They are building a 70mill complex with pball, bmx, dirtbikes and all that jazz. They bought out FreeFlow's stock and sell it. As for Free Flow's team, Rhythm, to the best of my knowledge, they're on Tippmann Effect.

bsarb
04-18-2006, 11:02 PM
they should consider the disclaimer. "life time warrenty depending if we are still alive later in time" ;)

Haha :)

Doc Nickel
04-19-2006, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't count on ANY paintball company being around long enough to honor a "lifetime" warranty. This isn't an industry that promotes long-term viability.

Well, there's Palmer's Pursuit. He's been around since about '86 or '87, and his shop is still going strong. Glenn is going to retire in a few years, but his son Craig will be continuing to run it after that. (And does a lot of the current work today.)

But then again, Glenn himself has also said about his "lifetime" warranty, that it means his lifetime. After he's dead, he says, all bets are off. :D

But I do recall lots and lots of people buying FreeFlows, and specifically saying they bought it over some other 'Cocker because of the "lifetime warranty".

"Yeah man, if it ever breaks down, I just gotta send it in and they'll fix it for free!"

Well, there ya go.

Doc.

Lohman446
04-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, there's Palmer's Pursuit. He's been around since about '86 or '87, and his shop is still going strong. Glenn is going to retire in a few years, but his son Craig will be continuing to run it after that. (And does a lot of the current work today.)

But then again, Glenn himself has also said about his "lifetime" warranty, that it means his lifetime. After he's dead, he says, all bets are off. :D

But I do recall lots and lots of people buying FreeFlows, and specifically saying they bought it over some other 'Cocker because of the "lifetime warranty".

"Yeah man, if it ever breaks down, I just gotta send it in and they'll fix it for free!"

Well, there ya go.

Doc.

Hasn't Freeflow in the past changed ownership and absolved itself of all past warranties?